hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177184185186187
Results 3,721 to 3,736 of 3736

Thread: GENERAL NFL THREAD (handegghandegghandegg)

My team may be the worst in NFL history.

Fun times.

Yeah the jets really don't seem to have any redeeming qualities at the moment.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Expected to watch Chiefs @ Bills last night, actually saw Ravens @ Bills, I suppose.

Holy shit that running game of the Chiefs. Most rushing yards for a Reid-led team ever. And Bell was't even on the roster yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    My team may be the worst in NFL history.
    At least your not competing for becoming the worst division ever also.

Well, that was a damn entertaining week 7. Even the Jets managed to make it if not a good, but at least a somewhat exciting game.

And while I feel bad for Andy Dalton for suffering that absolutley terrible late hit, I am at the same time quite pleased to see the Cowboys getting destroyed week after week. I can't stand them. They remind me in to many ways of Germany's most hated team: Bayern München. Just that Bayern has had plenty of success in the last decades. Fortunately the Cowboys not so much.

Should nfc east be relegated to the xfl?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Nah, I enjoy watching the current drama and carnage there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The tackling is just atrocious. The Falcons were rubbish so it didn't impact the game but I can see a close game being lost by an inability to stop a team with a competent run.
    Yuuuuup

Absolute shambles from the Packers, not impressed at all

After almost 40 years of watching games, I just can't do it anymore. Fuck the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Just sack Pettine, he's clearly way out of his depth.

That one took me by surprise. I expected a loss and hoped for it being not a blowout. And then somehow we went to actually win that one ... go figure.

Cook was obviously outstanding in this one. But more to my surprise a) Rodgers had some awkward throws/incompletions and b) or defense did a decent enough job.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Just sack Pettine, he's clearly way out of his depth.
    Pretty inclined to agree at this point. Something needs to change or we aren't getting anywhere near the Superbowl this season.

There was awful 3rd down play calling throughout the game when the defense had previous worked hard to put themselves in a good position to make a stop. I'm no nfl expert but I seriously could not understand what the defense was trying to achieve at multiple points in the game.

Another entertaining weekend behind us, with some unexpected games and/or nail-biting endings

- The undefeated Steelers struggled quite a bit against the "who-plays-this-week-QB?" Cowboys.

- Didn't expect the Bills to dominate the Seahawks the way they did. Yeah, Seattle's defense isn't that good, so Bills scoring wasn't that surprising. The opposite match-up however surprised me. Bills' D did a brilliant job of shutting down Wilson and his offense.

- Miami @ Arizona: very entertaining, would watch again, just so that the NFL schedule will give us another Tua-Kyler (implying both stay with their current team) duel in 4 years :-/

- I feel for the Chargers. Losing that way once is painful. They now lost it 3(?) times so late.

- Did Brady just got his ass kicked?

- What a terrible coincidence that 2 years ago Smith broke his leg and had to come in as the backup for Allen who at least broke his angle. :-(

So with week 11 in the books and 2 games in week 12 already played, there's seriously - actually - really - I mean, c'mon - how hard can it be? - the NFC East with the divison leader - the WTF ... erhm ... WFT - Washington Football Team of all!, with a record of 4-7-0. Let me spell that out for you: Four(!) - Seven(!) - Zero(!)

And due to the fact that 2 teams already played their week 12 games, the best (is it even allowed to use that adjective to describe this?) possible record for the divion leader after week 12 has been played, is 4-6-1 (Eagles).

Wow, just wow ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    So with week 11 in the books and 2 games in week 12 already played, there's seriously - actually - really - I mean, c'mon - how hard can it be? - the NFC East with the divison leader - the WTF ... erhm ... WFT - Washington Football Team of all!, with a record of 4-7-0. Let me spell that out for you: Four(!) - Seven(!) - Zero(!)

And due to the fact that 2 teams already played their week 12 games, the best (is it even allowed to use that adjective to describe this?) possible record for the divion leader after week 12 has been played, is 4-6-1 (Eagles).

Wow, just wow ...
    The NFC East needs to be relegated after the season. Whoever is in last place in the division gets added to the ACC.
    Quarantined and loving life.