hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167174175176177
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3530

Thread: GENERAL NFL THREAD (handegghandegghandegg)

Nice kick, Ray Finkle.
    Two missed PAT kicks before the second half. Eagles won’t cover the spread this night if they’re not ahead by more than two TDs before halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    This is lamer than the Eve tourneys were.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...eparation.html

I love living in Philly, not only are people running around in green everywhere but the sight of grown men having to put grease all over poles is hilarious. I am hoping for a win so that I may return to Center City without radiation gear, the 1st half has people all in with hope.

Philadelphia police radio: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4603/web

Have fun

The meme tweets have been fucking hysterical.

Two separate things:

1) My local GFL (German Football League) team, Samsung Frankfurt Universe, has declared insolvency in April, my season ticket is null and void. From what I've gathered, there has been a lot of mismanagement going on over the last couple of years. Basically a club started by (business) amateurs and AF fans, which turned into a business over the years, forgot to hire proper business people to run their business and managed to amass a hell of a debt.

2) I'm still trying to expand my AF knowledge, now getting deeper into the statistics part. I'm confident with most of the abbreviations by now, but I'm unsure how to interpret a few stats. I'm currently wondering about the following: given a defensive's player stats:
    - 12 TKL
    - 3 TFL

Do the 12 tackles include or exclude those tackles for loss?

I asked a friend of mine this earlier in the year, he seemed to know what he was talking about when he told me:

Tackles for loss are an offical stat used by the NFL, tackles aren't official but are still recorded.

As far as I know the tackles for loss shouldn't be included in the tackles stat. Tackle stats are really unreliable though and I don't think many people pay much attention to them or expect them to be accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I asked a friend of mine this earlier in the year, he seemed to know what he was talking about when he told me:

Tackles for loss are an offical stat used by the NFL, tackles aren't official but are still recorded.

As far as I know the tackles for loss shouldn't be included in the tackles stat. Tackle stats are really unreliable though and I don't think many people pay much attention to them or expect them to be accurate.
    Hmm, interesting.

I saw the TKL stat thrown all over the place during the draft. Trying to verify that (="not an offical stat"), I came across this on profootballfocus.com, stating:
    After we looked at five different statistics to judge offensive players, it’s time to turn the ball over to the defense and focus on the most common defensive statistic: Tackles. From 1994 to 2001 the statistic was consistently kept, but it wasn’t until 2001 that it became official.
    But it also mentions this stats' unrealibility (as does e.g. si.com lament about here).

I guess you need to take it for what it is and how it's achieved/counted. Like the passing yards for QBs, when they throw to someone for 3 yrds and that guy then proceeds to run down the whole field. Or INTs counted towards the QB although the WR dropped it (Hi Dez!).