hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 176 of 177 FirstFirst ... 76126166173174175176177 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 3530

Thread: GENERAL NFL THREAD (handegghandegghandegg)

Ooh interesting. Where/when are tickers available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Ooh interesting. Where/when are tickers available?
    According to http://www.nfluk.com/news/internatio...-23215a598e2a:
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL
    Information regarding tickets will be available from the 18th January. Register your interest now at Ticketmaster.co.uk/NFL to ensure you receive all the latest information.

Fucking eagles ez game wasn't even close

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I have no idea what the fuck that Saints player was thinking at the end. Vikings didn't deserve to win with the way they played.

But a win is a win! And we're one step closer to a Purple Bowl!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I have no idea what the fuck that Saints player was thinking at the end. Vikings didn't deserve to win with the way they played.

But a win is a win! And we're one step closer to a Purple Bowl!
    Avoid the pi. But you road end next week sorry nerd.

Either Nick Foles or Case Keenum is going to be a starting QB in the superbowl.

And Blake Fucking Bortles might be on the other side if the Patriots shit the bed.

What the fuck.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Hell yeah, what a sunday!

Like almost every spectator, with the Saints taking the lead again so short before the game ends, I was convinced we were out. I could have turned off the TV at that point, but out of respect for my Vikings and a really good Saints team, I decided to watch it 'til the bitter end. And boy was I in for a pleasant surprise.

And the Jags knocked out the Steelers, scoring 45 points? I mean - I could have imagined a Jags win in low-scoring game, where they control the Steeler's offense and prevent them from scoring and get themselves that one more lucky field goal to take that 10-7 victory home. But outscoring a Steelers team that puts 40+ points on the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

And Blake Fucking Bortles might be on the other side if the Patriots shit the bed.

What the fuck.
    Nick Foles
    Case Keenum
    Blake Bortles
    Tom Brady

One of these things is not like the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post

What the fuck.
    Nick Foles
    Case Keenum
    Blake Bortles
    Tom Brady

A cheater?

What the fuck.
    Nick Foles
    Case Keenum
    Blake Bortles
    Tom Brady

Keenum is pretty fucking good though, no jokes.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

What the fuck.
    Nick Foles
    Case Keenum
    Blake Bortles
    Tom Brady

Keenum is pretty fucking good though, no jokes.
    I'd share the credit for Keenum's success this season equally between him and the coaching staff. He clearly has improved over his previous Qb years. The most notable/valueable area: (mostly) avoiding errors. And Shurmur calls plays that he & the offense are comfortable with and doesn't try to force a system onto him, which Case can't handle. (Same's true for Goff, btw., but then again alsmost any coach can do better than Fisher).

Having a decent running game also helps, of course.
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; January 15 2018 at 03:53:52 PM.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Oh well, it was good while it lasted....

Congrats to the Eagles. Exceptionally well played and they truely earned their spot in the Super Bowl.

And looking aheadto the next season, I'm quite curious how the Vikings will resolve all the open position spots (all QBs, most likely OC).

I truly believe this Eagles team has the players and coaches that can beat a Tom Brady led team. We just have to execute, is all.

I truly believe this Eagles team has the players and coaches that can beat a Tom Brady led team. We just have to execute, is all.
    I'll settle for breaking bradys spine it come down to it though

Well, for the sake of change, I wish you're right. But I somehow doubt it. The same was said about the Jaguars, having Coughlin as VP, the guy that beat the Pats twice *).

I'm not specifically in favor of or opposed to the Pats. But one has to admire their consistency. I'm very curious who's actually (more) responsible for their success: Brady or Bellichik? Or both in equal parts? My guts says Bellichik. Granted, Brady is a very good QB. But there are induvidually better/more skilled ones, e.g. Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, to name a few we've got a decent sample size from and omitting the new kids on the block like Wentz, Goff, Watson. But without Brady & Bellichik splitting up, I doubt we'll find out.

Anyhow - I'm looking foward to an hopefully entertaining SB.

*) And he did so with an equally just average QB Eli Manning like Bortels is one. To me, Eli is one of the most overrated QBs. Yeah, he's got two SB rings. And in this two seasons he was quite good. But his career records are not ecxactly thrilling and he has more average (or even below average) years on record than good ones, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Well, for the sake of change, I wish you're right. But I somehow doubt it. The same was said about the Jaguars, having Coughlin as VP, the guy that beat the Pats twice *).

I'm not specifically in favor of or opposed to the Pats. But one has to admire their consistency. I'm very curious who's actually (more) responsible for their success: Brady or Bellichik? Or both in equal parts? My guts says Bellichik. Granted, Brady is a very good QB. But there are induvidually better/more skilled ones, e.g. Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, to name a few we've got a decent sample size from and omitting the new kids on the block like Wentz, Goff, Watson. But without Brady & Bellichik splitting up, I doubt we'll find out.

*) And he did so with an equally just average QB Eli Manning like Bortels is one. To me, Eli is one of the most overrated QBs. Yeah, he's got two SB rings. And in this two seasons he was quite good. But his career records are not ecxactly thrilling and he has more average (or even below average) years on record than good ones, if I'm not mistaken.
    To be fair, the Jags (REMINDER: THE FUCKING JAGUARS) came very close to beating the pats, and the pats got a bit of help from the refs.

Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

To be fair, the Jags (REMINDER: THE FUCKING JAGUARS) came very close to beating the pats, and the pats got a bit of help from the refs.
    Yeah, I know. I've seen the game.

Re.: penalties. To me personally the issue wasn't so much with (no) penalties called against the Pats, but with those called in favor of them. To me the most disputable one was the PI against the Jags right after the unnecessary roughness call for hitting Gronk (which was OK, I think). If that was called a PI, which one could do, one must call a PI against the Pats in a similar field position and with similar amount of contact going on.

Organizers for private Super Bowl parties are having trouble hiring staff and workers. Apparently, they underestimated the impact of a 2.9% unemployment rate here. On top of that, they're asking temp agencies for anyone willing to work for $10/hour...unaware that Minneapolis has a $15/hr minimum wage ordinance.

Hopefully, they'll learn that when you offer "the chance to work for a Super Bowl event!" and offer shit pay to a limited workforce, people aren't as desperate as they think.