hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75125165172173174175176 LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 3513

Thread: GENERAL NFL THREAD (handegghandegghandegg)

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Re: DeShaun Watson and all other similar non-contact injuries: stop playing/practicing on turf, ffs! Play on real gras & soil.
    turf is real grass

https://www.turfonline.co.uk/

OK, if it's real grass, there's still something different to common (European) soccer field kinda grass. I often see what looks like kinda very small gravel, when players hit the ground or take a sharp turn.

Professional football is mostly played on hybrid turf, which is real grass grown through a synthetic base so it doesn't fall to bits when it rains.

So, ladies and gentlemen, with the regular season behind us, what's your prediction for the Super Bowl participants?

Mine are:

AFC: Patriots
    AFC seems the most predictable conference this year. And with both Steelers and Pats having it made to the playoffs and the other contenders don't look as strong/consistent as these two, I'd pick the Pats over the Steelers, because the Pats as an organization seems to be more clever. But it's a close call. My team to watch in this conference: the Jaguars

NFC: Vikings
    This one's much harder. The Panthers seem to be strong and capable of beating everyone, when Cam has a 2015-like day, but very mediocre if not. Throughout the season, they've been too inconsistent for my liking. But if they can get the "good Cam" in each playoff game, they may very well make it.
    Philly is a sad story. They looked like the overall favorite until Wentz got hurt. Fowles(sp?) doesn't look like he's got what it takes to keep their offense on the field long enough.
    The Rams look very strong, but given that my Vikings not only beat them, but held that furious, high-scoring offense down to a single digit result, makes me pick the Vikings over them. Same goes for the Saints.
    Although I'm clearly biased here, to me the Vikings are the overall best team in the NFC right now. There's not that 2-3 single stars they really depend upon. But still - with the exception of the Falcons, I think that each team has a good chance to beat any of the other teams and make it to Minneapolis.

Eagles all the way, baby! E A G L E S EAGLES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Eagles all the way, baby! E A G L E S EAGLES!!!!
    E
    A
    G
    L
    E
    S

-looks nervously at folez-

Big Dick Nick - he's our man
    If he can't do it - no one can (until Wentz heals up anyways)

Jets sucked. Jets suck. Jets will suck again.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Sometimes you have to be a bit of a cunt and just fucking look after yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Amen.
    At least you won a game and didn't/wouldn't keep a coach that is 1-31. Just sell the team please

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post

Amen.
    At least you won a game and didn't/wouldn't keep a coach that is 1-31. Just sell the team please
    I don't think the HC is the real problem in Brown's land. It even surprises me that he hasn't resigned voluntarily, given the shitty overall organization he has to work with. I mean, given the Browns front office would continue business as usual (=fuck up all that can be fucked up and even more): which available coach would achieve a much better result?

Amen.
    I don't think the HC is the real problem in Brown's land. It even surprises me that he hasn't resigned voluntarily, given the shitty overall organization he has to work with. I mean, given the Browns front office would continue business as usual (=fuck up all that can be fucked up and even more): which available coach would achieve a much better result?
    Excuse my "I disagree with someone on the internet" rage here

Hue is by far the worst coach I've seen with the Browns since returning to the league. I was actually very happy with the players and future planning the front office had provided in the ~1.5 years they were given. QB and WR were the obvious weak points. Former is still a mess and latter is much better now that Coleman isn't dealing with another freak hand injury and Gordon is back. Which are both reasons to have not thrown away assets on fixing WR early in the season, and Britt totally bombing out. And this year we have 2 first round, 2 second round, basically armed to get a QB, another quality starter and two, and STILL have the ability to trade back and keep a rolling extra stock of picks because some team is always panicking and paying too much to move up. We should have kept a stronger veteran QB on staff. Otherwise, the front office understand that drafting is a crap shoot and more pulls of the lever should lead to more hits in the long run.

Meanwhile, Hue takes a fresh QB with accuracy concerns and no original plan to start this year and constantly puts him in terrible positions. Run game abandoned in the second half despite being 1 score behind. Constant slowly developing pass plays that the defense can immediately sniff out and plan against. And it extends well past the QB. He has this weird fetish with looking at a player's strengths and weaknesses and then put them in plays where the weakness is highlighted. E.g. Njoku is drafted as a prototypical pass catching TE matchup nightmare, instead he's blocking (a weakness) about 50% more snaps than Kelce and other pass catching tight ends. Constantly butchering time management (although tons of other coaches are bad at this too). And then when the heat started this year, he uses Mike Silver as his media mouthpiece, revises QB prospects that he supposedly loved that we passed on when he's on record shitting on them previously, and throws the team under the bus.

The kicker is, you're half right. But it's not the front office that was aids this time, the recurring theme recently is our moron of an owner who sets up retarded power structures and appears to make long term decisions with the tenacity of a 13 year old girl. Hue is obviously in his ear and Haslam is such a dumb ass he's buying the "no talent" story. The Browns were far from an 0-16 team this year. Hell, they are obviously more talented than the 1-15 team last year, and yet here we are. They are also the youngest team in the league, so a 4 win season with bone headed losses was expected as they all learn wtf they are doing. Instead our egomanic of a dipshit coach actively cost us wins while claiming no one else could have dealt with the hand he was given (and still won't hire a fucking O.C. to get us off his retarded offense)

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Is it racist if I point out that the Vikings have yet to show any Scandinavian-blood players in their commercials?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Chucky back Coaching the Raiders. 100 million deal.

/paging Keckers, paging Keckers, should an NFL Head Coach make 100 million dollars over a few seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Sometimes you have to be a bit of a cunt and just fucking look after yourself.

Chucky back Coaching the Raiders. 100 million deal.

/paging Keckers, paging Keckers, should an NFL Head Coach make 100 million dollars over a few seasons?
    Probably not, but apparently it's the price the completely rigged American sports market will bear.

Fair bugger problems with exploitation of young people in college sports and the issue of brain damage which are slightly bigger issues than pay packets I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Amen.
    Excuse my "I disagree with someone on the internet" rage here

Spoiler:

Hue is by far the worst coach I've seen with the Browns since returning to the league. I was actually very happy with the players and future planning the front office had provided in the ~1.5 years they were given. QB and WR were the obvious weak points. Former is still a mess and latter is much better now that Coleman isn't dealing with another freak hand injury and Gordon is back. Which are both reasons to have not thrown away assets on fixing WR early in the season, and Britt totally bombing out. And this year we have 2 first round, 2 second round, basically armed to get a QB, another quality starter and two, and STILL have the ability to trade back and keep a rolling extra stock of picks because some team is always panicking and paying too much to move up. We should have kept a stronger veteran QB on staff. Otherwise, the front office understand that drafting is a crap shoot and more pulls of the lever should lead to more hits in the long run.

Meanwhile, Hue takes a fresh QB with accuracy concerns and no original plan to start this year and constantly puts him in terrible positions. Run game abandoned in the second half despite being 1 score behind. Constant slowly developing pass plays that the defense can immediately sniff out and plan against. And it extends well past the QB. He has this weird fetish with looking at a player's strengths and weaknesses and then put them in plays where the weakness is highlighted. E.g. Njoku is drafted as a prototypical pass catching TE matchup nightmare, instead he's blocking (a weakness) about 50% more snaps than Kelce and other pass catching tight ends. Constantly butchering time management (although tons of other coaches are bad at this too). And then when the heat started this year, he uses Mike Silver as his media mouthpiece, revises QB prospects that he supposedly loved that we passed on when he's on record shitting on them previously, and throws the team under the bus.

The kicker is, you're half right. But it's not the front office that was aids this time, the recurring theme recently is our moron of an owner who sets up retarded power structures and appears to make long term decisions with the tenacity of a 13 year old girl. Hue is obviously in his ear and Haslam is such a dumb ass he's buying the "no talent" story. The Browns were far from an 0-16 team this year. Hell, they are obviously more talented than the 1-15 team last year, and yet here we are. They are also the youngest team in the league, so a 4 win season with bone headed losses was expected as they all learn wtf they are doing. Instead our egomanic of a dipshit coach actively cost us wins while claiming no one else could have dealt with the hand he was given (and still won't hire a fucking O.C. to get us off his retarded offense)
    No excuse necessary at all.

I appreciate your post. As Browns fan, I take it your insights are much better than mine. Thx for sharing that.

I'd put money on the Browns winning less than 3 games next season no matter who they draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

With Hue coaching, that's a safe bet. With an average coach should be a 6ish win team imo unless rookie qb is a total trainer wreck. Another year of experience and decent draft class and the team will finally have a bright future.

You're still owned by Jimmy Haslam.

Hope of any kind is a mistake.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Only 3 London games this year

Seahawks @ Raiders @ Tottenhams new ground
    Eagles @ Jags @ Wembley
    Titans @Chargers @ Wembley

Going to Titans game since my m8 is the only Titans fan in the country will be booing them to fuck like he did to the Dolphins this year