THORN Syndicate is reforming!
Here's the history I know (there's more to be filled in soonTM). THORN was in Mostly Harmless when I joined early in MAX2. Soon thereafter we left with a handful of other MH corps to start Controlled Chaos (WTF) and take up residence in Pure Blind and later Vale of the Silent while fighting off more or less the rest of EVE. As the latest (DRF) invasion of the North was ramping up THORN split up and the THORN name was placed into hibernation while spawning Element115. and Sick Tight.
I stayed with Sick Tight in WTF and we fought from Geminate to Tribute until it finally fell. Soon thereafter, Sick Tight left Pure Blind and WTF for BricK sQuAD. In BricK sQuAD., the Sick Tight corporation is generally recognized for being "FC Heavy" and PVP focused. Sick Tight is now merging with select prior members of THORN to reconstitute the corp, its name, and make its mark on BricK sQuAD.
THORN left Brick sQuAD for Initiative Mercenaries [along with Shiva and Reliables] in an attempt to form a USTZ in the Initiative Family. We spent 5 months on contract in Venal fighting The Man (aka goons) with great success. Upon completing the contract, with Shiva and Reliables chosing to leave IM, we opted to re-activate THORN Alliance and focus on our corp for a bit. That's where we're at atm.
Let me be clear:
- Lucian James' fleets best fleets.
- we have the only 13yr old FC in EVE and shit, he's even pretty decent.
- drink, smoke, drink, drink!
We also have more run-of-the-mill FCs too, I'm just hitting some highlights. Some of the common types of fleets our FCs lead include:
- drunken frigate roams halfway across eve and back (these usually last until everyone has died)
- T2 frigate roams, EAF, inty, faction frigs, dictors
- Sniper/Nano BC or HAC
- Recons, bombers (incl blops)
- Shield/Arty BS
- Our exclusive asscats fleet doctrine
Some other important facts:
- We are currently based in The Forge, low-sec near Geminate and Etherium Reach.
- Offer pilots a Ship Replacement Program.
- Provide logistics services, free of charge, for our members.
What are your responsibilities?
None really, it's a game and you can fuck off anytime.
Though, if you want to be part of the corp you might think about:
- Actively engaging in PVP in a focused and yet light-hearted manner.
- Flying logistics ships for your corp and alliance mates on occasion.
- Being on Mumble as often as you can while logged into EVE.
- Being easy to get along with and not a massive emofag (don't worry alpha, you're exempt as you're 13 and all).
We do have some industrial activity which takes place for specific purposes. But in general, if you want to mine or rat or whatthefuckeverelse in 0.0, perhaps we shouldn't be your first choice.
CEO: Lucian James / Keef Drow
Directors: Ender Fal, Indeterminacy
Recruitment Officers : Indeterminacy , Muul Udoni , Busterhighman
PS: If you don't like the colors I chose to highlight the sections of the ad, perhaps we shouldn't be your first choice as our EVE mails are full of often barely legible colors.
PSS: All applicants should have a robust, non-homophobic sense of humor.
You were warned.PSS: All applicants should have a robust, non-homophobic sense of humor.
This first post is current as of May 23, 2012.