hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 519 of 829 FirstFirst ... 19419469509516517518519520521522529569619 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 16577

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #10361
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I know I'm only a white viking screaming on a ex-space ship pew-pew forum BUT FOR THE FUCKING FUCK WHAT IN THE FUCKIN HELL IS THIS NOT THE END OF THIS ABSOLUTE FUCKING GARBAGE COCKGOBBLER?!!??
    HOW FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO EVEN CONSTRUCT THAT FUCKIN POST IN YOUR HEAD?!?!
    "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  2. #10362
    Idara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Joe Rogan 2028? Just think of all the DMT you could get.

  3. #10363

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    3,160
    Who was the last major world leader who embraced baldness? Gorbachev?

  4. #10364
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I know I'm only a white viking screaming on a ex-space ship pew-pew forum BUT FOR THE FUCKING FUCK WHAT IN THE FUCKIN HELL IS THIS NOT THE END OF THIS ABSOLUTE FUCKING GARBAGE COCKGOBBLER?!!??
    HOW FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO EVEN CONSTRUCT THAT FUCKIN POST IN YOUR HEAD?!?!
    Welcome to the new normal. The only question left worth answering is how far can he push the envelope and if there even is a limit.

  5. #10365
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Joe Rogan 2028? Just think of all the DMT you could get.
    Rogan's first executive order will mandate that all public servants undergo ego-death through psychedelics or be removed from office

  6. #10366
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    12,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Who was the last major world leader who embraced baldness? Gorbachev?
    Putin.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  7. #10367

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I know I'm only a white viking screaming on a ex-space ship pew-pew forum BUT FOR THE FUCKING FUCK WHAT IN THE FUCKIN HELL IS THIS NOT THE END OF THIS ABSOLUTE FUCKING GARBAGE COCKGOBBLER?!!??
    HOW FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO EVEN CONSTRUCT THAT FUCKIN POST IN YOUR HEAD?!?!
    Yeah... I read that earlier today and it sure didn't help me getting rid of this migraine that I've been nursing.

  8. #10368
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Joe Rogan 2028? Just think of all the DMT you could get.
    Rogan's first executive order will mandate that all public servants undergo ego-death through psychedelics or be removed from office
    Heavily subsidized floating tanks for every household!

    MI8m8

  9. #10369
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Joe Rogan 2028? Just think of all the DMT you could get.
    Rogan's first executive order will mandate that all public servants undergo ego-death through psychedelics or be removed from office
    Heavily subsidized floating tanks for every household!

    MI8m8

  10. #10370
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    PT Cruiser for everyone

  11. #10371
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,504
    I hear there is a lot of fuckery going on with an election in Georgia
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  12. #10372
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    My expectations is that Trump is going to be re elected. I know I will be massively disappointed if that happens, but it will be even worse if I don't brace myself for it.
    I'm not an optimistic man, but I'm going to continue to hope/believe the U.S. will do the right thing. I too will be horribly disappointed if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Eh, I'd wager there would be protests and riots now regardless of who the president was, if all other factors were the same.....
    There were numerous riots/protests during the Obama Administration for similar causes. Baltimore for Freddie Grey, for example.
    Correct, although, none of them had kerosene thrown on them by the POTAYTUS like this has, creating anti racism marches in all 50 states. I have not witnessed anything like this since I have been living here, and my American mom who went to Birmingham in the 60s says this seems way broader than that was.
    Agreed. Trump has been disastrous throughout.
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  13. #10373
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    Most Americans haven't seen much material difference in their living standards as control of the different branches of government swing from Dems to GOP and back again over the last 40 years.

    When you alienate almost all of your working class from society as a whole and pump propaganda at them in the form of 24/7 'news' entertainment then politics becomes little more than a spectator sport. Who is in the whitehouse has as little impact on most of their lives as who wins the superbowl.

    Political decisions made on their behalf only really affect them when they suffer a personal crisis. Its not like any president has come in and made a radical change to the ennui of working life. They still don't have paid holidays, their healthcare is always getting more expensive and they're still one illness/economic downturn away from bankruptcy.

    Nobody gives them a material reason to vote for them so they go for whoever shouts slogans they agree with the most.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  14. #10374
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    My expectations is that Trump is going to be re elected. I know I will be massively disappointed if that happens, but it will be even worse if I don't brace myself for it.
    I'm not an optimistic man, but I'm going to continue to hope/believe the U.S. will do the right thing. I too will be horribly disappointed if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Eh, I'd wager there would be protests and riots now regardless of who the president was, if all other factors were the same.....
    There were numerous riots/protests during the Obama Administration for similar causes. Baltimore for Freddie Grey, for example.
    Correct, although, none of them had kerosene thrown on them by the POTAYTUS like this has, creating anti racism marches in all 50 states. I have not witnessed anything like this since I have been living here, and my American mom who went to Birmingham in the 60s says this seems way broader than that was.
    Agreed. Trump has been disastrous throughout.
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    it's actually more like a 1/3. Not even as high as 40%.
    meh

  15. #10375
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    My expectations is that Trump is going to be re elected. I know I will be massively disappointed if that happens, but it will be even worse if I don't brace myself for it.
    I'm not an optimistic man, but I'm going to continue to hope/believe the U.S. will do the right thing. I too will be horribly disappointed if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Eh, I'd wager there would be protests and riots now regardless of who the president was, if all other factors were the same.....
    There were numerous riots/protests during the Obama Administration for similar causes. Baltimore for Freddie Grey, for example.
    Correct, although, none of them had kerosene thrown on them by the POTAYTUS like this has, creating anti racism marches in all 50 states. I have not witnessed anything like this since I have been living here, and my American mom who went to Birmingham in the 60s says this seems way broader than that was.
    Agreed. Trump has been disastrous throughout.
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    I don't think they actually do. Humanity as a whole operates on same axioms with few differences here and there. What happened, through years of neglect, they became ripe for brainwashing by propaganda served by likes of Fox news and then Donnie came and told them he will help them and drain the swamp, make their lives better etc. And they're still clinging to that, deaf to what happens in reality other than the one served by Fox. There's quite a lot of them living in states you refer to as flyover and even in the post above you get the feeling you would rather have them not exist. And then you act surprised they resent you.

    If you want to fix shit, start treating Fox News as news station legally and not entertainment channel and sue the living shit out of any reality and fact bending the do on daily basis. And start talking with those people, you might be surprised how much you have in common.

  16. #10376
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,317
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    My expectations is that Trump is going to be re elected. I know I will be massively disappointed if that happens, but it will be even worse if I don't brace myself for it.
    I'm not an optimistic man, but I'm going to continue to hope/believe the U.S. will do the right thing. I too will be horribly disappointed if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Eh, I'd wager there would be protests and riots now regardless of who the president was, if all other factors were the same.....
    There were numerous riots/protests during the Obama Administration for similar causes. Baltimore for Freddie Grey, for example.
    Correct, although, none of them had kerosene thrown on them by the POTAYTUS like this has, creating anti racism marches in all 50 states. I have not witnessed anything like this since I have been living here, and my American mom who went to Birmingham in the 60s says this seems way broader than that was.
    Agreed. Trump has been disastrous throughout.
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    I don't think they actually do. Humanity as a whole operates on same axioms with few differences here and there. What happened, through years of neglect, they became ripe for brainwashing by propaganda served by likes of Fox news and then Donnie came and told them he will help them and drain the swamp, make their lives better etc. And they're still clinging to that, deaf to what happens in reality other than the one served by Fox. And is it any surprise? There's quite a lot of them living in states you refer to as flyover and even in the post above you get the feeling you would rather have them not exist. And then you act surprised they resent you.

    If you want to fix shit, start treating Fox News as news station legally and not entertainment channel and sue the living shit out of any reality and fact bending the do on daily basis. And start talking with those people, you might be surprised how much you have in common.
    Alternatively,. we can deny racists employment and access to the economy of the US, and fix the problem that way.
    meh

  17. #10377
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,572
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    My expectations is that Trump is going to be re elected. I know I will be massively disappointed if that happens, but it will be even worse if I don't brace myself for it.
    I'm not an optimistic man, but I'm going to continue to hope/believe the U.S. will do the right thing. I too will be horribly disappointed if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Eh, I'd wager there would be protests and riots now regardless of who the president was, if all other factors were the same.....
    There were numerous riots/protests during the Obama Administration for similar causes. Baltimore for Freddie Grey, for example.
    Correct, although, none of them had kerosene thrown on them by the POTAYTUS like this has, creating anti racism marches in all 50 states. I have not witnessed anything like this since I have been living here, and my American mom who went to Birmingham in the 60s says this seems way broader than that was.
    Agreed. Trump has been disastrous throughout.
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    I don't think they actually do. Humanity as a whole operates on same axioms with few differences here and there. What happened, through years of neglect, they became ripe for brainwashing by propaganda served by likes of Fox news and then Donnie came and told them he will help them and drain the swamp, make their lives better etc. And they're still clinging to that, deaf to what happens in reality other than the one served by Fox. And is it any surprise? There's quite a lot of them living in states you refer to as flyover and even in the post above you get the feeling you would rather have them not exist. And then you act surprised they resent you.

    If you want to fix shit, start treating Fox News as news station legally and not entertainment channel and sue the living shit out of any reality and fact bending the do on daily basis. And start talking with those people, you might be surprised how much you have in common.
    Alternatively,. we can deny racists employment and access to the economy of the US, and fix the problem that way.
    We're talking about people who have been told it's communist/antifa uprising and wholeheartedly believe it. But good luck on your racist witch hunts, throughout history they worked so well.

  18. #10378
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,317
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    My expectations is that Trump is going to be re elected. I know I will be massively disappointed if that happens, but it will be even worse if I don't brace myself for it.
    I'm not an optimistic man, but I'm going to continue to hope/believe the U.S. will do the right thing. I too will be horribly disappointed if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Eh, I'd wager there would be protests and riots now regardless of who the president was, if all other factors were the same.....
    There were numerous riots/protests during the Obama Administration for similar causes. Baltimore for Freddie Grey, for example.
    Correct, although, none of them had kerosene thrown on them by the POTAYTUS like this has, creating anti racism marches in all 50 states. I have not witnessed anything like this since I have been living here, and my American mom who went to Birmingham in the 60s says this seems way broader than that was.
    Agreed. Trump has been disastrous throughout.
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    I don't think they actually do. Humanity as a whole operates on same axioms with few differences here and there. What happened, through years of neglect, they became ripe for brainwashing by propaganda served by likes of Fox news and then Donnie came and told them he will help them and drain the swamp, make their lives better etc. And they're still clinging to that, deaf to what happens in reality other than the one served by Fox. And is it any surprise? There's quite a lot of them living in states you refer to as flyover and even in the post above you get the feeling you would rather have them not exist. And then you act surprised they resent you.

    If you want to fix shit, start treating Fox News as news station legally and not entertainment channel and sue the living shit out of any reality and fact bending the do on daily basis. And start talking with those people, you might be surprised how much you have in common.
    Alternatively,. we can deny racists employment and access to the economy of the US, and fix the problem that way.
    We're talking about people who have been told it's communist/antifa uprising and wholeheartedly believe it. But good luck on your racist witch hunts, throughout history they worked so well.
    Yes, they have actually. why don't you ask the original Nazis. Also a bunch of the dead South African racists. The only problem is people are a bit squeamish and want to be lenient to them, so some survive and then the cancer festers.

    So, as long we america isn't squeamish, and we have the right societal cleaning, we can accomplish it, just like we've mostly gotten rid of cigarette smokers here.
    meh

  19. #10379
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,504
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

    Alternatively,. we can deny racists employment and access to the economy of the US, and fix the problem that way.
    You could just give them access to education which isn't funded by local property taxes and apply some industry standards to news broadcasting.

    The culture war is only successful because they have shit lives and are comforted by having someone else to blame.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  20. #10380
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,572
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    My expectations is that Trump is going to be re elected. I know I will be massively disappointed if that happens, but it will be even worse if I don't brace myself for it.
    I'm not an optimistic man, but I'm going to continue to hope/believe the U.S. will do the right thing. I too will be horribly disappointed if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Eh, I'd wager there would be protests and riots now regardless of who the president was, if all other factors were the same.....
    There were numerous riots/protests during the Obama Administration for similar causes. Baltimore for Freddie Grey, for example.
    Correct, although, none of them had kerosene thrown on them by the POTAYTUS like this has, creating anti racism marches in all 50 states. I have not witnessed anything like this since I have been living here, and my American mom who went to Birmingham in the 60s says this seems way broader than that was.
    Agreed. Trump has been disastrous throughout.
    It's depressing how contentious this apparently simple fact is.

    The contention has revealed that about 40% of the country is absolutely and unequivocally working on utterly different moral axioms than the other 60%.

    It's not clear to me how this split can be healed without large scale violence.
    I don't think they actually do. Humanity as a whole operates on same axioms with few differences here and there. What happened, through years of neglect, they became ripe for brainwashing by propaganda served by likes of Fox news and then Donnie came and told them he will help them and drain the swamp, make their lives better etc. And they're still clinging to that, deaf to what happens in reality other than the one served by Fox. And is it any surprise? There's quite a lot of them living in states you refer to as flyover and even in the post above you get the feeling you would rather have them not exist. And then you act surprised they resent you.

    If you want to fix shit, start treating Fox News as news station legally and not entertainment channel and sue the living shit out of any reality and fact bending the do on daily basis. And start talking with those people, you might be surprised how much you have in common.
    Alternatively,. we can deny racists employment and access to the economy of the US, and fix the problem that way.
    We're talking about people who have been told it's communist/antifa uprising and wholeheartedly believe it. But good luck on your racist witch hunts, throughout history they worked so well.
    Yes, they have actually. why don't you ask the original Nazis. Also a bunch of the dead South African racists. The only problem is people are a bit squeamish and want to be lenient to them, so some survive and then the cancer festers.

    So, as long we america isn't squeamish, and we have the right societal cleaning, we can accomplish it, just like we've mostly gotten rid of cigarette smokers here.
    It will end in a disaster and is as much your like fault as theirs.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •