hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 431 of 561 FirstFirst ... 331381421428429430431432433434441481531 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,620 of 11201

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Remember how everyone was aghast and amazed when Bush II got re-elected? It's gonna be like that.

Trump got in on the white vote. As long as whites think he'll keep them believing that they're privileged over the browns, and that America is owed by the rest of the world, they'll keep voting for him, or someone like him. It'll keep happening.
    Don't change horses mid-stream!
    Sadly, the historical evidence is working for him here.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Remember how everyone was aghast and amazed when Bush II got re-elected? It's gonna be like that.

Trump got in on the white vote. As long as whites think he'll keep them believing that they're privileged over the browns, and that America is owed by the rest of the world, they'll keep voting for him, or someone like him. It'll keep happening.
    Don't change horses mid-stream!
    Sadly, the historical evidence is working for him here.
    OTOH if Trump's only argument for keeping him on was "muh stock market" and he has to run on double-digit unemployment and half a million dead Americans, people might be willing to vote for Joe Biden's semi-animated corpse instead.

People are horrible though so who knows ~
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

I am expecting Biden to defeat Trump. Since this forum has gotten all the major events in the last 10 years wrong, I'm happy to hear the consensus here is that Trump will win.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    I am expecting Biden to defeat Trump. Since this forum has gotten all the major events in the last 10 years wrong, I'm happy to hear the consensus here is that Trump will win.
    \o/ We're idiots and it's gonna pay off at last!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Uhh, I recall most of the realists here (read: those not slavishly devoted to defending the neoliberal consensus) correctly predicted that Trump would win in 2016.

sorry berniebro, the man was clear:

no refunds

Uhh, I recall most of the realists here (read: those not slavishly devoted to defending the neoliberal consensus) correctly predicted that Trump would win in 2016.
    This.

I think he's mistaking people hoping he wouldn't win as people expecting him not to win.

Only ones who didn't think so were ironically the ones August shares the most opinions with. Which makes that post kind of hilarious.

This.

I think he's mistaking people hoping he wouldn't win as people expecting him not to win.

Only ones who didn't think so were ironically the ones August shares the most opinions with. Which makes that post kind of hilarious.
    But I'm pretty sure I'm right, and that's like 90% of being right.

This.

I feel like there's some hindsight and memory spotting happening here and of course what I consider the consensus is going to differ from what you or anybody else sees it as. But you're right that the more centrist group of posters here were the ones most denying the possibility of Trump winning.

This.

I feel like there's some hindsight and memory spotting happening here and of course what I consider the consensus is going to differ from what you or anybody else sees it as. But you're right that the more centrist group of posters here were the ones most denying the possibility of Trump winning.
    This is what i can show for myself: http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...=1#post1456446
    That onebit image i posted was hitler saying "cool story".

and http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...=1#post1477096

honorary shoutout to baarhyn: http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...66#post1158966
    Last edited by RazoR; April 7 2020 at 03:46:53 AM.

Lmaoooo. Baarhyn, time to pay up. Actually, I'm not sure if he's still around so you might have outlasted him on FHC.

where's Don Rumata when you need one
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    he announced and flounced after djan told him to literally kill himself

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Actually I think you’ll find I told him that right after he bounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Shouldn't have said that.

Assuming Biden wins, I think it's time to pack the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    You know very well that Bidan would never do that. He would gladly allow Trump's SCOTUS to cockblock him for 4 years and than to lose to Jared Kushner or someone else equally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    You know very well that Bidan would never do that. He would gladly allow Trump's SCOTUS to cockblock him for 4 years and than to lose to Jared Kushner or someone else equally ridiculous.
    Pretty much. Biden is basically responsible for Clarence Thomas being on the Court.

"But the Courts!" has never been a good argument since Democrats are willing to play a rigged game

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Shouldn't have said that.
    yey aea!
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.