hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 350 of 388 FirstFirst ... 250300340347348349350351352353360 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 7749

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Makes sense; if you just finish ruining all of America then the Mexicans won't want to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Makes sense; if you just finish ruining all of America then the Mexicans won't want to come.
    Now I'm thinking of that one South Park episode where Butters becomes the Mexican Messiah
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

This seems to be the british strategy for reducing immigration

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    This seems to be the british strategy for reducing immigration
    You have to admit: it's effective ...

The statistics might indicate this has already started happening...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    How shockingly unsurprising that elmicker is in love with shit like this.
    Learn to read you fucking simpleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Ah, OK, that makes sense.

I give you the non-intrusive part, but overall I am still not a big fan of it. Seems like (well trained/educated) wetware would do a better job.
    One would hope so, but like the border that is not the case. If you've got well trained/educated people, then you're better off deploying those people into the things they'll be even better at. In this case, looking after the wellbeing and rehabilitation of prisoners. Likewise, on the border people are better engaged in the prevention of complex crime than they are staring at a succession of blurry passport photos for 55 minute stints.

This is why saying "THIS TECHNOLOGY IS EVIL" is, as said, fucking dumb. You might not like it, but in this specific context it is useful and is no more a violation of anyone's rights or privacy than taking a fingerprint. But it is faster, cheaper, better, less intrusive and harder to fool. Bernie's response, and he does this fairly frequently, is an appeal to emotion. It has little basis in fact or reality and does nothing to tackle the real problems (i.e. commercial misuse and broadband usage in public spaces).

That's not to say Warren's attitude is any better - she's just engaging in buzzword bingo. One could have as perfectly a moral, fair and benevolent algorithm as you could possibly imagine and it wouldn't make the digital equivalent of fingerprinting everyone coming in and out of Leicester Square any more legitimate.
    Last edited by elmicker; January 24 2020 at 04:26:56 PM.

Okay, THIS TECHNOLOGY ENABLES EVIL. Is that better?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

The man who founded the neo-Nazi “accelerationist” group, which seeks to hasten civilizational collapse, fight a race war and establish a white ethnostate, goes by the names “Norman Spear” and “Roman Wolf” online.

The Guardian first reported Thursday that “Norman Spear” is Rinaldo Nazzaro, a 46-year-old New Jersey-born man. The BBC subsequently confirmed that reporting with its own. He was reportedly married to a Russian-born woman in Manhattan in 2012 and is currently living in Russia

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/r...sts-damage-org

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Okay, THIS TECHNOLOGY ENABLES EVIL. Is that better?
    Closer, but name me a technology that doesn't

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    The president’s lawyers are set to begin their opening arguments Saturday. It’s the first time the White House will publicly present its full case to acquit the president. While it’s essentially guaranteed that the GOP-controlled Senate will not remove Trump from office, his legal defense presents the best public opportunity to win over the handful of Republican senators who could prolong the trial by joining Democrats in their calls for witnesses and documents.

"The president’s team ... has never presented its case since it did not do so in the House,” said Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), a key swing vote. “Unlike the House managers, who partially presented when the motions were being debated, the president’s attorneys chose not to do that. It’s not finished yet ... so it’s difficult to judge."

Senate Majority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.) said he hopes Trump’s team will present a "fact-based" defense that counters the Democrats' case.

“I assume at some point they're going to feature [Alan] Dershowitz and Ken Starr, people like that and talk about impeachment in the broader context of what that threshold is,” he said.

Trump’s lawyer Jay Sekulow told reporters Thursday that the White House will argue the president’s actions do not warrant removal from office by presenting “multiple schools of thought on what is and is not an impeachable offense.” Those presentations, Sekulow said, will demonstrate “the actions alleged and the actions of the president do not reach that level no matter which school of thought you’re on.”
    no matter which school of thought you’re on
    o rly?

Multiple surveys of U.S. public opinion found that the clear majority of Americans rejected the idea of impeaching Obama, while a majority of Republicans were in favor; for example, CNN found in July 2014 that 57% of Republicans supported these efforts while about two thirds of adult Americans in general disagreed with them.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

So i heard Trump said none was hurt in the Iranian missile strike, in a "shocking" turn of events it is disclosed as not entirely correct.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...njury-pentagon
    Thirty-four US soldiers have been diagnosed with concussion or traumatic brain injury from an 8 January Iranian missile attack on their base in Iraq, the Pentagon has revealed.
    Michael Kaplen, the chair of the New York State Traumatic Brain Injury Services Coordinating Council and past president of the Brain Injury Association of New York State said that he was “shocked at the ignorant statement” made by Trump.

“To equate traumatic brain injuries as just a headache is insulting and disrespectful to the thousands of military service members suffering from the signature wound of the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict,” he said.

He added that the condition, also known as TBI, is a “life-altering” injury.

I'd rather Trump continue to insist it was no biggie. The alternative is war with Iran.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    I'd rather Trump continue to insist it was no biggie. The alternative is war with Iran.
    [Haliburtoning intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    So i heard Trump said none was hurt in the Iranian missile strike, in a "shocking" turn of events it is disclosed as not entirely correct.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...njury-pentagon
    Thirty-four US soldiers have been diagnosed with concussion or traumatic brain injury from an 8 January Iranian missile attack on their base in Iraq, the Pentagon has revealed.
    Michael Kaplen, the chair of the New York State Traumatic Brain Injury Services Coordinating Council and past president of the Brain Injury Association of New York State said that he was “shocked at the ignorant statement” made by Trump.

“To equate traumatic brain injuries as just a headache is insulting and disrespectful to the thousands of military service members suffering from the signature wound of the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict,” he said.

He added that the condition, also known as TBI, is a “life-altering” injury.
    This is just going back to old school. Everyone knows shell shock is just yellow-bellied cowardice and malingering.

Real heroes have bone spurs.

Real heroes have bone spurs.
    I totally expect him to claim that he served in the military in one way or another. IIRC he or his son claimed to have experienced sacrifice. It's not that much of an additional step.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

TRAIN BY DAY JOE ROGAN PODCAST BY NIGHT, ALL DAY

Oh god.
    That face when a stoner meathead cage fighting commentator has a better platform for communicating ideas than the DNC and the major networks

He had Tulsi Gabbard on too
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...bernie-sanders

Popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan said that he will most likely vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the upcoming Democratic presidential primary, saying the White House hopeful has been “insanely consistent his entire life.”

TRAIN BY DAY JOE ROGAN PODCAST BY NIGHT, ALL DAY

Oh god.
    That face when a stoner meathead cage fighting commentator has a better platform for communicating ideas than the DNC and the major networks

He had Tulsi Gabbard on too
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...bernie-sanders

Popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan said that he will most likely vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the upcoming Democratic presidential primary, saying the White House hopeful has been “insanely consistent his entire life.”
    Bigots4bernie

Lel.

I’ve criticized Rogan plenty, but in this case his overlap/appeal to right-leaning audiences might actually be helpful.

Edit: oh Jesus Christ.

https://www.hrc.org/blog/hrc-preside...paign-response

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/polit...ent/index.html

The decision to highlight Rogan's support has divided opinion among Democrats and activists, particularly online, where it has sparked a heated debate over whether Sanders should have aligned himself with Rogan in any form or context.
    Sanders' strategic targeting of young, unaffiliated and working class voters often takes him to places, and onto platforms -- like Twitch -- that most Democratic candidates rarely venture. But that practice, when it brings a figure like Rogan into the political spotlight, also carries the risk of alienating parts of a liberal base that, especially in the Trump era, has become increasingly cautious about the company it keeps -- and what that signals to marginalized communities.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; January 25 2020 at 04:12:42 AM.