hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 279 of 560 FirstFirst ... 179229269276277278279280281282289329379 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 11194

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    And yet the economy of the US seems to be doing better than nearly everyone else?
    You actually believe that to be the case?
    Who then? Surely not the UK. France? Italy? China? Germany? Japan? Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

I hate the style but it's good. I'm impressed.
    He should do a painting for every innocent life his war built on lies ended. Baseline estimate is ~250,000 casualties, from there the estimates are all over the place trying to account for the thousand ways it wrecked the middle east and led directly or indirectly to other conflicts, so take your pick of X millions. What a talent!
    Boy, that escalated quickly.

Increasing the money supply by 25% and seeing no inflation is a pretty good economic trick from a country obsessed with monetarism
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    If anyone, Chenney should be held responsible.
    Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush. Throw Powell in there for good measure.

Obama's greatest failure is that he didn't put those criminal assholes in Guantanamo.
    meh

Yes there should have been a massive investigation, on the same scale or larger than the investigations into Trump, and these people put in jail. Now, for political news NYT has a poll of Trump vs Biden/Bernie/Warren in battleground states https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/u...legrounds.html

As I expected, but contrary to the receieved opinion on this sub, Biden leads over Trump in 4 states, ties in Michigan, and loses North Carolina. How is North Carolina a battleground state? But I am surprised how poorly Warren does, she fares worse than Bernie which I didn't expect, she leads only in Arizona and ties or lags in all other states. Biden has the best chance of beating Trump but I will still support Warren since I think she is the best candidate.

He believes the economy is genuinely fine, believes polls a year from elections, trusts the system works, is August.

Lol.

Yes there should have been a massive investigation, on the same scale or larger than the investigations into Trump.
    It would be great if both could get equal time to Benghazi and her emails as well, because it seems to me like there was a massive failure to find anything there, and how much time and money did we spend on it?
    meh

Source is the daily mail, so use a ton of salt:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ite-House.html
    Jared Kushner gave permission to Saudi ruler Mohammad bin Salman to arrest Jamal Khashoggi before he was killed and dismembered, a whistleblower claims.

However, **Turkish intelligence intercepted the call and President Recep Erdogan then used the information to force President Trump to remove his troops from northern Syria**, according to the Spectator.
    Tapapapatalk

Original source the daily hail used:
    https://spectator.us/seven-whistlebl...er-bin-salman/
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    He believes the economy is genuinely fine, believes polls a year from elections, trusts the system works, is August.

Lol.
    This is why ok boomer has apparently become a thing
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Here’s a hot take:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4108419002/

The bankers and traders and shareholders and CEOs know that if they don’t help fix capitalism’s ills now, there are going to be people in their corporate lobbies wielding pitchforks. It’s in corporate America's best interest to reform capitalism now rather than, by doubling down on inequality and intransigence, invite a full-scale revolution. Which means in this moment, Elizabeth Warren isn’t corporate America’s worst enemy. She’s their best hope.

Not the kind of thing I’d expect to see in USA Today, tbh.

Yes there should have been a massive investigation, on the same scale or larger than the investigations into Trump, and these people put in jail. Now, for political news NYT has a poll of Trump vs Biden/Bernie/Warren in battleground states https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/u...legrounds.html

As I expected, but contrary to the receieved opinion on this sub, Biden leads over Trump in 4 states, ties in Michigan, and loses North Carolina. How is North Carolina a battleground state? But I am surprised how poorly Warren does, she fares worse than Bernie which I didn't expect, she leads only in Arizona and ties or lags in all other states. Biden has the best chance of beating Trump but I will still support Warren since I think she is the best candidate.
    funny how they're not doing a "Trump vs Sanders" and how it focuses on existing voters rather than, as proven in the runoff Clinton defacto stole in 2016 pulling in voters who usually does not participate, and completely fails to acknowledge that.

combined with the other shenanigans, like this (it's, supposedly, not a standalone, i am thankfully not wired into the fail that is the American news cycle and the source i am pulling from hardly counts as neutral)

and this
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    and things like this popping up every now and then, it's almost as if your corporate media machine is lying trough it's teeth by default.

at this point, Pravda's reporting, if they where still around, would have more legitimacy than NYT and friends because at-least their propaganda was up-front and center, as well as obvious.
    The genius of the NYT and other liberal publications is all of the posturing and pretense that goes into it. Unlike the Cato Institute or Federalist, their writers won't just outright say that people shouldn't get healthcare or education they haven't "earned".

So instead they use "what plays in Real America" as a prop to launder the ideology of the very rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Here’s a hot take:

The bankers and traders and shareholders and CEOs know that if they don’t help fix capitalism’s ills now, there are going to be people in their corporate lobbies wielding pitchforks. It’s in corporate America's best interest to reform capitalism now rather than, by doubling down on inequality and intransigence, invite a full-scale revolution. Which means in this moment, Elizabeth Warren isn’t corporate America’s worst enemy. She’s their best hope.

You just know all those goons will support Trump if Warren gets the nomination.

They are greedy and stupid
    Last edited by mewninn; November 4 2019 at 03:34:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    and things like this popping up every now and then, it's almost as if your corporate media machine is lying trough it's teeth by default.

at this point, Pravda's reporting, if they where still around, would have more legitimacy than NYT and friends because at-least their propaganda was up-front and center, as well as obvious.
    The genius of the NYT and other liberal publications is all of the posturing and pretense that goes into it. Unlike the Cato Institute or Federalist, their writers won't just outright say that people shouldn't get healthcare or education they haven't "earned".

So instead they use "what plays in Real America" as a prop to launder the ideology of the very rich.

Here’s a hot take:

They'd rather smash the pie than accept having a smaller slice of it
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Here’s a hot take:

They'd rather smash the pie than accept having a smaller slice of it

White privilege is smashing the system, rather than letting others get equality.
    meh

Billionaires are their own species
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

This man has had a license to practice law.

We really need to make the bar exam more difficult.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; November 5 2019 at 12:10:22 AM. Reason: Dude is suspended

This man has a license to practice law.

We really need to make the bar exam more difficult.
    His rights end where mine, and yours, and everyone else's begin. If he doesn't like that, he's welcome to fuck off.
    meh

At least they’re being open about it.

I can’t really imagine how he gets that over a modern hiring policy, but ok.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I can’t really imagine how he gets that over a modern hiring policy, but ok.
    That’s the joy of being an attorney. Very easy to be your own boss.

But funny you mention the whole hiring policy thing...

https://www.popehat.com/2017/07/09/t...dumpster-fire/

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template...ntactID=294697