hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 16 of 325 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666116 ... LastLast

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    I remember watching Moore's 'Sicko', and coming away disgusted with the US health insurance industry. It is truly diabolical ...
    If you like money and dead poor people it's aces tho
    The Republican vision:

All white people work in indentured servitude to their masters in exchange for table scraps, and are thankful for it. Everyone else is dead.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I remember watching Moore's 'Sicko', and coming away disgusted with the US health insurance industry. It is truly diabolical ...
    The Republican vision:

All white people work in indentured servitude to their masters in exchange for table scraps, and are thankful for it. Everyone else is dead.
    Yes ...

In other news: half of Britain is now owned by 1% of the population. If that half were distributed, everyone would have an acre.

I wonder what the stats are for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    The Republican vision:

Yes ...

In other news: half of Britain is now owned by 1% of the population. If that half were distributed, everyone would have an acre.

I wonder what the stats are for the US.
    It's worse in Scotland

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...rogram-1277274

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Monday night advocated a form of national public service for all young adults as a way to create unity among Americans.
    lol Mayor Pete is the most "get off my lawn" candidate now

I wish we would get over this obsession with volunteerism and service and actually pay people if there's a need that's not being fulfilled. Crazy, I know
    Last edited by mewninn; April 18 2019 at 03:22:24 PM.

I'd be more for it if, when ppl talk about "national service" etc, they actually meant everyone helping out in their local community or the like, rather than just "young people these days need to toughen up & learn some responsibility. A spell in the army would do them good!"

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...rogram-1277274

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Monday night advocated a form of national public service for all young adults as a way to create unity among Americans.
    lol Mayor Pete is the most "get off my lawn" candidate now

I wish we would get over this obsession with volunteerism and service and actually pay people if there's a need that's not being fulfilled. Crazy, I know
    People wouldn’t be able to virtue signal with it if it was just an unglamorous job.
    meh

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

So, who wants to read the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

Aint nobody got time for that.

"Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgement, we did not draw conclusions about the president's conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgement. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgement. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him".

Aka, its the job of Congress to decide if he should be impeached.

Spoiler alert: The Senate wont.

My opinion is that it indicates evidence of obstruction, and suggests possibility of collusion. That should be enough to sink him, but it isnt.

The financial crimes (SDNY) are another matter.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 18 2019 at 07:02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    The financial crimes (SDNY) are another matter.
    It will probably take so long for those cases to wind through the system that Trump will be out of office (and safely away from his pardon power) by the time they actually arrive at a place they could charge him. One could hope that the government would follow through if they had clear evidence of criminal wrongdoing, but they might also fear death threats from angry white americlaps enough to pass on prosecution while claiming that we all just need to move past it and heal so let's not dredge up old crimes ~

Ass ass ass.

I also have to say, while i still think that Barr is a stooge who misappropriates the role of the AG, i can see where his summary is supported by the report (provided a VERY selective reading of the facts).

edit: https://www.scribd.com/document/4067...een&from_embed

for your ctrl+f needs
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 18 2019 at 07:29:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

So, who wants to read the whole thing?

pg 158: "The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests."

pg 112. "There is evidence that at least one purpose of the President's conduct toward Sessions was to have Sessions assume control over the Russia Investigation and supervise it in a way that would restrict its scope."
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 18 2019 at 07:58:00 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Now the shit-flinging starts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

So might one be right in saying that Trump didn't end up breaking the law because nobody would do it for him & he wouldn't do it himself?

That's certainly going to be a talking point I'm sure.

And since your neighbour refused to carry out that mild beating of your dog in exchange for a 100 dollars I, too, am also innocent of any wrongdoing.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Spartan Dax; April 18 2019 at 08:34:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    So might one be right in saying that Trump didn't end up breaking the law because nobody would do it for him & he wouldn't do it himself?
    In the case of obstruction of justice, that is technically correct, however the report p. clearly spells out that he acted in almost a dozen instances with "corrupt intent" which would be impeachable (a political proceeding, not a criminal one) in any other era.

This, of course, only skims the surface of the criminal liability that he will be exposed to once he is out of office, as the head of the almost inconceivably crooked Trump Organization(s). We will be fighting with that lumbering rotten orange peel until he's found dead, stuck inside one of his golden toilets having shit his heart out his anus along with whatever endless stream of amphetamines has kept him running for seventy oozing horrid goddamned years.

AMERICA!

Ass ass ass.

he mad

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    A more common interpretation is that Trump absolutely was willing to commit crime, but was simply too stupid to accomplish the task.

Not sure if that would be considered fortunate or unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    he mad
    Honestly, yeah, I'm not going to pretend to be ~internet coolguy~ who doesn't care about nothin' when it comes to this topic. Not just the galaxy eating level of hypocrisy that the supposed "Moral Majority" has shown by enthusiastically embracing Trump's grotesquely immoral behaviours, it's also the sheer unadulterated dumbness of Trump himself, and the almost preening servility he gets shown by his underlings. He embodies Dunning-Kruger so thoroughly that his picture should be in the dictionary at the top of the entry. It's one thing to be an entitled inheritor of hundreds of millions of dollars who hires people to cheat all the systems that should have put you out on the street, it's wholly another thing to cheat millions of Americans every day who buy the snake oil because both government and capitalism have failed to give them anything more real to hang their hopes on.

I'm mad, and more people should be too.

Ass ass ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    It's one thing to be an entitled inheritor of hundreds of millions of dollars who hires people to cheat all the systems that should have put you out on the street, it's wholly another thing to cheat millions of Americans every day who buy the snake oil because both government and capitalism have failed to give them anything more real to hang their hopes on.
    Is it though? Looks like everything is working just as intended from here

According to Mueller's report, which was released on Thursday, the IRA [Russian government] organized political rallies in the U.S. using social media starting in 2015 and continued to coordinate rallies after the 2016 election.

Mueller wrote that some of the rallies attracted "few (if any) participants," while others drew "hundreds."
    And Bitch McConnel threatened Obama into keeping mum about it. He should burn for that tbh. Before you say "lol none to a couple of handful retards attended, who cares", if you still cant see how media can amplify a couple mouthbreathers in this day and age you are beyond helping.

I wouldnt be surprised if Pegida et al were jumpstarted similarly, or coopted.