hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 297 of 304 FirstFirst ... 197247287294295296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 6078

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Also the boomer generation riding the gravy train is something that specifically is an American phenomenon and the "ok boomer" really doesn't apply anywhere else. Being born in the 60ies in an environment that was still recovering after the massive economic setbacks from the aftermath of ww2. We still had rationing on certain goods into 1960.

Just my cents on that.
    America prospered because everyone else was shit at fighting...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Can i still safely assume that Trump is made of teflon in the US? Giuliani is the fall guy for anything that nearly sticks? Imagine Clinton was forced, in office to pay a $2mil personal fine for using charity status to misappropriate funds, i cant even.

Or has America woke up yet to their president blatantly disregarding democratic process in favor of gansterism?
    In the us they have this weird hate for the state.
    They see Trump dismantling and tearing it down, they will defend him as long as he is "draining the swamp".
    Republicans are defending him, as long as he is promoting their agenda.

Cracks are forming in his wall of defenders. Next few weeks will be interesting.
    Anyone that wants "smaller government" and all that other conservative nonsense, is basically saying " I hate where I live, I hate my form of government, and the way of life my country enjoys, and I want to destroy the country, our way of life, and I want to harm all the people living in the country with me..."

And we need to start treating them like the domestic enemies they are...
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Can i still safely assume that Trump is made of teflon in the US? Giuliani is the fall guy for anything that nearly sticks? Imagine Clinton was forced, in office to pay a $2mil personal fine for using charity status to misappropriate funds, i cant even.

Or has America woke up yet to their president blatantly disregarding democratic process in favor of gansterism?
    In the us they have this weird hate for the state.
    They see Trump dismantling and tearing it down, they will defend him as long as he is "draining the swamp".
    Republicans are defending him, as long as he is promoting their agenda.

Cracks are forming in his wall of defenders. Next few weeks will be interesting.
    Anyone that wants "smaller government" and all that other conservative nonsense, is basically saying " I hate where I live, I hate my form of government, and the way of life my country enjoys, and I want to destroy the country, our way of life, and I want to harm all the people living in the country with me..."

And we need to start treating them like the domestic enemies they are...
    You're saying they're terrorists?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Look at this suck up, wants big brother to tie his shoes for him. (This is what conservatives think)
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    The ECB is just an awful institution and even the Fed guys who laughed at the unemployed struggle to compete with their callousness
    The ECB institution is fine, or at least was how initially envisioned. But handing the reign over to some ex Goldman Sachs White Boys Club member (Draghi) who then proceeded to feed his ex Goldman Sachs friends all across all financial institutions, with support from the same lot in EU country administrations with cheap money for even more ruthless speculation, is the real culprit here.
    no, the construction of the entire eurozone is unsound.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Also the boomer generation riding the gravy train is something that specifically is an American phenomenon and the "ok boomer" really doesn't apply anywhere else. Being born in the 60ies in an environment that was still recovering after the massive economic setbacks from the aftermath of ww2. We still had rationing on certain goods into 1960.

Just my cents on that.
    the generation that where born the early-mid 60's are literately going to drive the gravy train off the god damned cliff and up the retirement age to 75-80 before they check out.

see that bulge ? it's skewing the entire voting demographic something fierce, see that 30-34 dip ? yea, that's my age group, how wonderful life is, funny how the ladder seems to get its rungs removed as i start hitting the points where i need em.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

"Those people" stereotyping ftw.

Hating Boomers is as dumb as hating Millennials. They are not unified homogeneous groups of single-minded people. Using the rhetoric of dehumanization is never the right call.

Every new generation thinks it has all the answers, and that the generation(s) before them "fucked it all up". It's as constant a thing as death and taxes.
    Yet funnily you never had any trouble doing any of that yourself. Only now it's an issue when people dare use it back at your 'superior' ass.

Abloobloo.
    Equality in equalling oppression non-shocker, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Right wing politics in modern capitalism is entirely teflon coated. They directly pander to the interests of the media industry to make sure nothing sticks.
    While technically true I think that's disingenuous since that applies to the left wing politics too. Rather I agree with the statement but I disagree that the media industry is the one pandered to, and that the media panders to the politicians (and often are one and the same). There's no separating the media from the ruling class since it's their primary toolkit to intimidate and keep power.

Capitalism but with female billionaires or gay soldiers or black policemen isn't left wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

No, that’s just social liberalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Capitalism but with female billionaires or gay soldiers or black policemen isn't left wing.
    Comrades we have a winner!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...ied09.2019.pdf

The official link has 3 (three) exclamation points on it.

Also, I read it. The level of sucking up that Zelenskyy is doing here is literally sickening, like I felt ill afterwards. And it's corrupt as shit, obvs.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

And the actual bad stuff was left out, per Vindman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

Also, I read it. The level of sucking up that Zelenskyy is doing here is literally sickening, like I felt ill afterwards. And it's corrupt as shit, obvs.
    Well of course he did. He already had the screws tightened on him with Trump withholding aid and it's not like Trump is hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    And the actual bad stuff was left out, per Vindman.
    I mean, in this version we have: Ukraine saying they're ready to buy more Javelins and Trump responding immediately with the "I'd like you to do us a favor though," specific references to investigating the Bidens, and the only slightly veiled threats to Ambassador Yovanovitch. Vindman filled in some blanks, but the meat of the extortion is right there on the page, and it reads exactly like a conversation between some city politician and a mob boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Well of course he did. He already had the screws tightened on him with Trump withholding aid and it's not like Trump is hard to figure out.
    I know that for most of the people doing it it's performative, hold-my-nose-and-get-it-over-with sucking up, what I actually find most grotesque about it is that it works so well.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

I know that for most of the people doing it it's performative, hold-my-nose-and-get-it-over-with sucking up, what I actually find most grotesque about it is that it works so well.
    Yeah but trying that strategy on pretty much anyone else outside of North Korea would probably end in the recipient getting pissed off. It's getting increasingly harder to picture Trump as anything but a caricature, it's amazing how shallow that man is.

Donald trump jr released a book a ghostwriter wrote where he claimed hes sacrificed for his family just like veterans did. Whilst driving past Arlington. And comparing leftists to Hitler. His family suffered just like veterans did. All his deals and money he had to give up is the same as losing a family member to war.
    [marquee][/marquee]

It's actually hard to conceive being that narcissistic and vain.

Maybe Don Jr. will be the one that ushers in the era of Seņor Guillotine...
    meh

Funny thing is that the cult wont care cuz the book makes libs cry and Donald Trump loves veterans and the military. Even bought the ammo when his generals said they had no ammo left. His foundation donated its charity money to him instead of veterans so the evil clinton foundation couldn't corrupt him, a vote for trump is a vote for the military.
    [marquee][/marquee]

Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post

Funny thing is that the cult wont care cuz the book makes libs cry and Donald Trump loves veterans and the military. Even bought the ammo when his generals said they had no ammo left. His foundation donated its charity money to him instead of veterans so the evil clinton foundation couldn't corrupt him, a vote for trump is a vote for the military.
    It’s all Soros, anyway,
    meh

Is the fed doing more QE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.