hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 37 of 969 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839404787137537 ... LastLast

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Today we hear that violence to defend against people who are violent and intend to do violent things from the start is just as bad if not worse than the violence against people for what they were born as or who can't help themselves.

Truly remarkable both sides.

Doesn't mean you have to support antifa and their methods, but saying you can't tell the difference tells me you're possibly completely retarded or willfully ignorant. Possibly both.
    At the point you take up arms you lose the moral high ground and become just as bad as them. Worse in fact because unlike the nazi's who are just utter scum through and though, you have turned your back on the morals you once held. You have become what you are fighting against. You can try to justify it any way you want but if you expect me to hold you in any higher regard that the utter filth you are then you are wrong. They have become literally as bad as nazis.
    This is fantastically stupid. Modern white supremacist fascism is literally inciting violence in order to start a race war and commit genocide against all "non-white" peoples. Antifa by definition only exists in order to fight against this movement; if there were no fascists, there would be no Antifa. The two things are not even remotely similar even in terms of the violence they perpetrate and support.

One side wants to commit murder and keep on murdering until they achieve their vision of an ethno-state. The other side wants to stop them. If you think these are the same thing just because some members of both sides throw bricks on occasion, your perspective is desperately fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

The tl;dr is that it's not incompatible with the principle of intolerance to enforce (or attempt to enforce) tolerance by others.
    Last edited by Malcanis; May 26 2019 at 02:02:06 AM.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

The tl;dr is that it's not incompatible with the principle of intolerance to enforce (or attempt to enforce) tolerance by others.
    You fucking tankie.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Let's add "in order to maintain a tolerant society, we must be intolerant of intolerance."

Pmuch.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    You don't solve violence with violence. Just about every american foreign policy move has demonstrated that.
    All my psyducks. You can have them.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    You don't solve violence with violence.
    You sound like some of my elementary school teachers. The ones who said "we can't do anything about that bully's behavior", then got upset when I defended myself once and said "Why are you so violent? It's so unlike you!"

Violence may not be the best solution, but it is certainly an effective one.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Today we hear that violence to defend against people who are violent and intend to do violent things from the start is just as bad if not worse than the violence against people for what they were born as or who can't help themselves.

Doesn't mean you have to support antifa and their methods, but saying you can't tell the difference tells me you're possibly completely retarded or willfully ignorant. Possibly both.
    At the point you take up arms you lose the moral high ground and become just as bad as them. Worse in fact because unlike the nazi's who are just utter scum through and though, you have turned your back on the morals you once held. You have become what you are fighting against. You can try to justify it any way you want but if you expect me to hold you in any higher regard that the utter filth you are then you are wrong. They have become literally as bad as nazis.
    This is fantastically stupid. Modern white supremacist fascism is literally inciting violence in order to start a race war and commit genocide against all "non-white" peoples. Antifa by definition only exists in order to fight against this movement; if there were no fascists, there would be no Antifa. The two things are not even remotely similar even in terms of the violence they perpetrate and support.

One side wants to commit murder and keep on murdering until they achieve their vision of an ethno-state. The other side wants to stop them. If you think these are the same thing just because some members of both sides throw bricks on occasion, your perspective is desperately fucked.
    So you are giving fascists what they want, an excuse to start a war. Well done, you've already lost.

I am utterly disgusted by most of the people posting in here as I thought most of you were smart enough to realise that 'fighting for a cause' is just fighting and will eventually just turn in to exactly that. No winning, no losing, just fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I'll start a war with fascists everyday of the week if the alternative is allowing them any influence in society.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    So you are giving fascists what they want, an excuse to start a war. Well done, you've already lost.
    "Fascists would never do anything bad if you don't provoke them. Peace in our time!"

-Lana Chamberlain, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    "Fascists would never do anything bad if you don't provoke them. Peace in our time!"

-Lana Chamberlain, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

You fucking tankie.
    I can tolerate your opinion.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

I am utterly disgusted by most of the people posting in here as I thought most of you were smart enough to realise that 'fighting for a cause' is just fighting and will eventually just turn in to exactly that. No winning, no losing, just fighting.

Can we maybe not? I know things are heated in here, but Hitler this Stalin that certainly wont convince anyone of your point, and neither will posting pictures of corpses.

I sometimes fear that
    people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress
    worn by grotesques and monsters
    as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.

Fascism arrives as your friend.
    It will restore your honour,
    make you feel proud,
    protect your house,
    give you a job,
    clean up the neighbourhood,
    remind you of how great you once were,
    clear out the venal and the corrupt,
    remove anything you feel is unlike you...

It doesn't walk in saying,
    "Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."

-- Michael Rosen
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

ignoring them is giving them what they want, engaging with them by the rules of "liberal discourse" thereby providing them with a platform is giving them what they want, how can you not see this ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Can we maybe not? I know things are heated in here, but Hitler this Stalin that certainly wont convince anyone of your point, and neither will posting pictures of corpses.
    But if those jews had just compromised on existing, then they wouldn't have provoked the fascists. I mean look, they're doing it again!

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/26/e...Most+Recent%29

If they could just meet the right halfway on their right to exist then we wouldn't need have to disturb our sunday mornings with reading about all this terrible violence. Maybe the LGBT, mexicans, blacks and native americans could consider that policy too. Just stop causing problems by existing guys, really this is as much your fault as anyone's. Cut it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

ignoring them is giving them what they want, engaging with them by the rules of "liberal discourse" thereby providing them with a platform is giving them what they want, how can you not see this ?
    What nobody wants, but feels man

https://youtu.be/-e_3Cg9GZFU

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I actually prefer my fascists to openly be fascist and curbstomp gays and minorities and shout Nazi slogans.

Then I didn't feel bad at all when applying a baseball bat to force some illumination into their skulls.

I hoped we would be past that but it seems the "good ole times" are a-coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    I actually prefer my fascists to openly be fascist and curbstomp gays and minorities and shout Nazi slogans.

Then I didn't feel bad at all when applying a baseball bat to force some illumination into their skulls.

I hoped we would be past that but it seems the "good ole times" are a-coming back
    Yep, all this flirting with fascism, and then full on taking the mask off to reveal that all the western conservatives are blatant fascists has been enlightening. The best thing Trump ever did was give these human offal confidence to be loudmouths, because now the rest of us have a handy list to work off of.
    meh

Not all conservatives are fascists, tho