hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 354 of 427 FirstFirst ... 254304344351352353354355356357364404 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 8522

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

v0v I've said all along that Americans will give Trump a second term rather than admit that they've made -and doubled down on and repeatedly defended- such a catastrophic error.

Much like the people of another nation we're both familiar with.

So the democrats may as well give Warren the election experience and signal to the base that they're serious about offering a genuine alternative to the Cheeto Benito
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    v0v I've said all along that Americans will give Trump a second term rather than admit that they've made -and doubled down on and repeatedly defended- such a catastrophic error.

So the democrats may as well give Warren the election experience and signal to the base that they're serious about offering a genuine alternative to the Cheeto Benito
    Well, this is exactly what Republicans and other "Freedom and Constitution loving" racists want. Freedom for them to have the guns and inflict tyranny on their neighbors.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Sanders - Warren would be a dream ticket, tbh. Especially when one considers that Sanders might well not run for a second term.
    Both have an electability problem, frankly. Poncohontas knows a bit what she's up against, but the Republican hate machine will hit Bernie hard, in the way that HRC's campaign never did.
    What the fuck dude? Slurping up those fash talking points I see.

Weren’t you shilling for Biden a few months ago in the premise of his ‘electability’?

The political environment is completely different for Bernie compared to Corbyn because there is a disconnect between party and the presidential candidate which doesn't exist between Parliament and Prime Minister.

I don't think there are many useful comparisons that can be made from a party procedural point of view. Bernie can run as an outsider to the party in a way Corbyn was never able to even as a vocal backbencher. Bernie has less baggage from a foreign policy perspective too.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Sanders - Warren would be a dream ticket, tbh. Especially when one considers that Sanders might well not run for a second term.
    Both have an electability problem, frankly. Poncohontas knows a bit what she's up against, but the Republican hate machine will hit Bernie hard, in the way that HRC's campaign never did.
    What the fuck dude? Slurping up those fash talking points I see.

Weren’t you shilling for Biden a few months ago in the premise of his ‘electability’?
    Bernie's also had plenty of practice against the DNC hate machine which is way more insidious than the Republican one.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Do we think Bernie can best trump? Is that realistic? Am curious don’t know

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    The biggest unanswered question Bernie really has, is will black voters get excited about angry Jewish grandpa?

I mean, allegedly, they are excited about creepy touchy white grandpa, so, idk, but the Dem's can't win without a black turnout.
    meh

More likely to do so than Biden or Bloomberg, in my opinion.

But I don’t claim to know what the likelihood is.

He remains quite popular with independents (15-20% margin in his favor vs Trump), he has the most support among non-white voters, his basic policy planks all share majority support (namely healthcare, student debt relief, and tax reform), and he’s often rated the most likable or popular political figure in the country. Not really sure what else you can ask for in a challenger to Trump, tbh.

He's the person with the best chances from all of the democratic candidates. Whether he will be allowed to or succeed remains to be seen.

Polling suggests he has a better chance among the required voter groups than other nominees.

He also seems to be the only candidate with a competent campaign team with geographic reach and the ability to scale.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    The biggest unanswered question Bernie really has, is will black voters get excited about angry Jewish grandpa?

I mean, allegedly, they are excited about creepy touchy white grandpa, so, idk, but the Dem's can't win without a black turnout.
    https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...us_021120.pdf/

And exit polls showing Sanders got double the share of non-white voters in New Hampshire last night as compared to Biden or Buttigieg.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Polling suggests he has a better chance among the required voter groups than other nominees.

He also seems to be the only candidate with a competent campaign team with geographic reach and the ability to scale.
    And money. Don’t forget about money.

And exit polls showing Sanders got double the share of non-white voters in New Hampshire last night as compared to Biden or Buttigieg.
    non-white voters in NH are not non-white voters in the deep south. I've seen a few Bernie signs around east San Jo, but I've seen a lot of other signs too, so...

I hope you are right.
    meh

Right, but that Monmouth poll is a national poll, not a New Hampshire poll. He’ll do fine with those voters. His “underperformance” among POC in 2016 was down to the simple fact that not many people knew who he was in 2016. It also has something to do with the fact that Sanders wasn’t really running to win in 2016 until after Super Tuesday; he did almost no outreach in the south because he wasn’t expecting to do as well as he did.

It looks like he lost a fair amount of NH support which he had in 2016, I've not seen any analysis of that yet but its interesting to note.

Howard Dean trotting our the “millennials are fiscally conservative” line to suggest they’re going to break for Biden or Bloomberg.

Don’t think Mr. Dean understands what is meant by all the data showing that young people are fiscally conservative. It doesn’t mean they care deeply about austerity and a balanced federal budget, it means they’re wary of credit cards and other forms of personal debt, prefer personal savings to investment, and think people should pay their damned taxes. All totally understandable for folks who started their careers during the past 20 years.

I’m sure those young people will start voting for “nothing will fundamentally change,” “give me a break, millennials have it better than boomers” Biden any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

It looks like he lost a fair amount of NH support which he had in 2016, I've not seen any analysis of that yet but its interesting to note.
    I see no signs that he’s lost support. Overall turnout was way up, donations are up, and you can’t compare a two-candidate race in 2016 to a five-candidate race in 2020.

I see no signs that he’s lost support. Overall turnout was way up, donations are up, and you can’t compare a two-candidate race in 2016 to a five-candidate race in 2020.
    Fair enough, I was just looking at the raw numbers.

Well, this is exactly what Republicans and other "Freedom and Constitution loving" racists want. Freedom for them to have the guns and inflict tyranny on their neighbors.
    Well of course they want Trump to get elected. A stupid, inept, utterly corrupted administration is a dream for them. How does that relate to a Sanders-Warren ticket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Howard Dean trotting our the “millennials are fiscally conservative” line to suggest they’re going to break for Biden or Bloomberg.

Don’t think Mr. Dean understands what is meant by all the data showing that young people are fiscally conservative. It doesn’t mean they care deeply about austerity and a balanced federal budget, it means they’re wary of credit cards and other forms of personal debt, prefer personal savings to investment, and think people should pay their damned taxes. All totally understandable for folks who started their careers during the past 20 years.

I’m sure those young people will start voting for “nothing will fundamentally change,” “give me a break, millennials have it better than boomers” Biden any day now.
    It's going to be a wild ride if the pundits and suburban Democrats rally around Bloomberg as the "electable" choice

The contrast won't be "look at the real billionaire and the fake billionaire haha" like they're thinking, it will be about one billionaire who wants to regulate every aspect of life, while the other gives voters permission to indulge themselves and be gross

Trump just has to do photo ops eating at every fast food chain in America while Bloomberg proposes a 5% "wellness" tax on fast food, and he'll collect 400 electoral votes
    Last edited by mewninn; February 12 2020 at 03:12:37 PM.