hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 273 of 305 FirstFirst ... 173223263270271272273274275276283 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 6082

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    “General Mazloum is willing to negotiate with you, and he is willing to make concessions that they would never have made in the past. I am confidentially enclosing a copy of his letter to me, just received,” Trump wrote.

“These words on White House stationary [sic] should embarrass all Americans, but Trump’s ‘confidential’ enclosure of the SDF commander’s letter will give our allies even less reason to trust America,” said Ned Price, a former CIA officer and National Security Council spokesman. “How much Nato correspondence has been forwarded to Putin?”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...urkey-invasion
    All of it.

The real question is; when will we properly punish those who have committed treason against this country, and shave the heads of those who collaborated and voted for them?
    My god you are a cock

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

And it's crazy that a whole state has less people than... Albuquerque?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    One person, one vote
    I am one person. I get one vote. And I will cast it for Warren or Bernie. What's the problem now for fucks sake?
    Your electoral college says, nop.

Wyoming has three electoral votes and only 532,668 citizens (as of 2008 estimates). As a result each of Wyoming's three electoral votes corresponds to 177,556 people. Understood in one way, these people have 3.18 times as much clout in the Electoral College as an average American, or 318%

This is just one way of looking at the Electoral College and the way voters are represented in presidential elections, however. A better way of measuring a voter's clout in a presidential election is simply whether or not they live in a swing state. Those voters that live in "spectator states" essentially have no clout, as candidates know that the outcomes in those states are already decided. There is very little incentive to campaign in those states or respond to the needs of those voters.
    https://www.fairvote.org/population_vs_electoral_votes
    Again, not relevant to what I said or the point of my post.

One person gets one vote. I'm casting my one vote for the Dems.

I didn't touch on the weighted value of that vote on a state by state basis under the electoral system BECAUSE IT'S NOT FUCKING RELEVANT TO THE FUCKING POINT I WAS MAKING YOU STUPID FUCKING MONG.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

LOUD NOISES

The real question is; when will we properly punish those who have committed treason against this country, and shave the heads of those who collaborated and voted for them?
    lol consequences are for the poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Sure.... one person, one vote....

Not a trigger warning at all, nop, not one bit. I thought it was bait, and yet your the one screeching?

And just in case you were truely ignorant.
    Here's some history on that phrase you tried to co-opt.
    Last edited by Pattern; October 17 2019 at 05:16:23 PM.

“General Mazloum is willing to negotiate with you, and he is willing to make concessions that they would never have made in the past. I am confidentially enclosing a copy of his letter to me, just received,” Trump wrote.

“These words on White House stationary [sic] should embarrass all Americans, but Trump’s ‘confidential’ enclosure of the SDF commander’s letter will give our allies even less reason to trust America,” said Ned Price, a former CIA officer and National Security Council spokesman. “How much Nato correspondence has been forwarded to Putin?”
    All of it.

See your mindset isn't that much different from the average Trump supporter

It's a politics of revenge for you and all about imposing pain on the people you hate.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

All of it.

It's a politics of revenge for you and all about imposing pain on the people you hate.

All of it.

meh

All of it.

All of it.

Sure.... one person, one vote....

Not a trigger warning at all, nop, not one bit. I thought it was bait, and yet your the one screeching?
    Fuck off. Seriously, just fuck off you trolling POS.

You knew exactly what I meant, and decided to screeeeee like a banshee because you sir, are a dickhead.

Not go ahead, and click that negrep again. Asshole.

:Yes Triggered:

You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Slightly quieter noises

Eh, it was a bad miss by Pattern.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    People seriously need to take a chill pill ITT jeeez

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50080737

Erdogan binned the letter, per BBC.
    Lunacy, I would have had it professionally framed and then auctioned for a nice sum of money, gotta be many collectors that would love to have such a iconic presidential letter in their collections.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50080737

Erdogan binned the letter, per BBC.
    Lunacy, I would have had it professionally framed and then auctioned for a nice sum of money, gotta be many collectors that would love to have such a iconic presidential letter in their collections.
    You see Putin would have done this. Erdogan's alignment with the new Russia will only be to his detriment because he's just not that smart.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

People seriously need to take a chill pill ITT jeeez

You're right Helgur, sorry. Done and dusted.

In other news, CNN analysis says Warren is now the front runner (a good thing!):

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/polit...ked/index.html

Obviously I don't agree with her on all her policy ideals, but I'd quite like to see her in the Office. She won't get everything she wants, but the things I think she could perhaps get would generally all be good overall.
    Last edited by Alistair; October 17 2019 at 10:07:24 PM.

Watching Warren battle the fed and Wall Street democrats will be entertaining. Are there any Bernie-esque lefties but 20 years younger coming through? Someone to bridge the gap between him and AOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.