hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 249 of 504 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252259299349 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 10074

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    regicide, eh...

Just goes to show how intellectually bankrupt conservative "thought" is. They haven't had a new idea since the 30s and their big one now is to have a monarch.

Et tu Pelosi?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Not sure if serious

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Killing Julius Caesar wasn’t regicide.

Killing Julius Caesar wasn’t regicide.
    It was pre-emptive regicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Right. But his murder—and the murder of several previous Roman tyrants—was justified by the Oath of Brutus, that Rome should never again suffer a King.

Right. But his murder—and the murder of several previous Roman tyrants—was justified by the Oath of Brutus, that Rome should never again suffer a King.
    Well all it did was hurry in Octavian, so that plan didn't go so well.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Well all it did was hurry in Octavian, so that plan didn't go so well.
    Well if they hadn’t killed him, the Republic would have ended anyway; Caesar wasn’t about to pull a Cincinnatus after all that trouble.

Well we'll see what happens when Sanders I, First Of His Name, begins the new Imperium.

If Biden shows poorly at the next debate and/or Warren's polling steamroller continues is it an actual possibility that the DNC pressures Hillary into announcing? I really don't know who's on the inside and outside of the DNC's graces (short of Bernie obv not being in the club), but would they be explicitly concerned about their interests with a Warren nomination?

Unlikely. Very unlikely.

Hilary running as the democrat would basically just ensure Trump gets another 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Thukker View Post
    If Biden shows poorly at the next debate and/or Warren's polling steamroller continues is it an actual possibility that the DNC pressures Hillary into announcing? I really don't know who's on the inside and outside of the DNC's graces (short of Bernie obv not being in the club), but would they be explicitly concerned about their interests with a Warren nomination?
    Dem party will side with Warren just because she has a better relationship with them and they think they can convince her to tone it down. But this time they won't get their way when she makes the appointments. She basically despises all of the Obama people who were charge of economic policy.

I still think Sanders is slightly more appealing because he's very antagonistic towards the Dem party. It's leadership really needs to be defeated in the most humiliating way possible that says "None of you are in charge anymore"
    Last edited by mewninn; October 9 2019 at 10:06:36 PM.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...us-in-normandy

Apparently our betrayal of the Kurds is appropriate because they didn’t land at Normandy.

Apparently our betrayal of the Kurds is appropriate because they didn’t land at Normandy.
    It's a weird presentation: we're leaving the Kurds on their own but at the same time threatening Turkey if they do anything to them. I don't see how you could back up a threat to Turkey without forces nearby and yet the rationale given was to pull the US out of endless warmongering. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to want to pull out of constant(inople) fighting and then do it but then threaten the countries you left that if they don't play nice daddy's coming back with the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post

It's a weird presentation: we're leaving the Kurds on their own but at the same time threatening Turkey if they do anything to them. I don't see how you could back up a threat to Turkey without forces nearby and yet the rationale given was to pull the US out of endless warmongering. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to want to pull out of constant(inople) fighting and then do it but then threaten the countries you left that if they don't play nice daddy's coming back with the belt.
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...onference.html

As Turkish media began airing bombings of border towns on Wednesday and the Syrian Democratic Forces reported airstrikes on civilian areas, some wondered whether such bloodshed was within the limits imposed by Trump’s wisdom. But a senior adviser to Erdogan told CNN Wednesday afternoon that it was, saying, “President Trump and President Erdogan have reached an understanding over precisely what this operation is.”

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    I dont have enough facepalms.