hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 259 of 302 FirstFirst ... 159209249256257258259260261262269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 6031

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thukker View Post
    If Biden shows poorly at the next debate and/or Warren's polling steamroller continues is it an actual possibility that the DNC pressures Hillary into announcing? I really don't know who's on the inside and outside of the DNC's graces (short of Bernie obv not being in the club), but would they be explicitly concerned about their interests with a Warren nomination?
    Dem party will side with Warren just because she has a better relationship with them and they think they can convince her to tone it down. But this time they won't get their way when she makes the appointments. She basically despises all of the Obama people who were charge of economic policy.

I still think Sanders is slightly more appealing because he's very antagonistic towards the Dem party. It's leadership really needs to be defeated in the most humiliating way possible that says "None of you are in charge anymore"
    Last edited by mewninn; October 9 2019 at 11:06:36 PM.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...us-in-normandy

Apparently our betrayal of the Kurds is appropriate because they didn’t land at Normandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Apparently our betrayal of the Kurds is appropriate because they didn’t land at Normandy.
    It's a weird presentation: we're leaving the Kurds on their own but at the same time threatening Turkey if they do anything to them. I don't see how you could back up a threat to Turkey without forces nearby and yet the rationale given was to pull the US out of endless warmongering. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to want to pull out of constant(inople) fighting and then do it but then threaten the countries you left that if they don't play nice daddy's coming back with the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post

It's a weird presentation: we're leaving the Kurds on their own but at the same time threatening Turkey if they do anything to them. I don't see how you could back up a threat to Turkey without forces nearby and yet the rationale given was to pull the US out of endless warmongering. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to want to pull out of constant(inople) fighting and then do it but then threaten the countries you left that if they don't play nice daddy's coming back with the belt.
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...onference.html

As Turkish media began airing bombings of border towns on Wednesday and the Syrian Democratic Forces reported airstrikes on civilian areas, some wondered whether such bloodshed was within the limits imposed by Trump’s wisdom. But a senior adviser to Erdogan told CNN Wednesday afternoon that it was, saying, “President Trump and President Erdogan have reached an understanding over precisely what this operation is.”

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    I dont have enough facepalms.

And thus Kurds join anti US bandwagon in the region. What's Iran stance on Kurds? Or maybe ISIS v2 with Kurds added because enemy of my enemy trumps religion?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    And thus Kurds join anti US bandwagon in the region. What's Iran stance on Kurds? Or maybe ISIS v2 with Kurds added because enemy of my enemy trumps religion?
    Remember though, he's the best at making deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    “I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Bannon during a Breitbart radio show. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Bannon during a Breitbart radio show. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”
    Provide proper context, would you? He said that in 2015. Just because he's an idiot, doesn't mean you have to emulate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Provide proper context, would you? He said that in 2015. Just because he's an idiot, doesn't mean you have to emulate him.
    Well have those towers gone away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I imagine not, because he is an idiot, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I imagine not, because he is an idiot, after all.
    The best course of action right now is to call him impotent because after the infinite wisdom tweet not doing anything afterwards means he's weak, small hands man. With his narcissism and issues we'll have a full on Turkey invasion in a week.

Harry Dunn, 19, died in a crash with a Volvo in Northamptonshire on 27 August.

American diplomat's wife Anne Sacoolas, suspected of driving the other vehicle, later left the UK to return to the US.

Boris Johnson has spoken to President Trump who told a press briefing Harry's death was a "terrible accident".

Police have said CCTV of the crash which killed the teenager shows the Volvo travelling on the wrong side of the road.

Speaking after his conversation with the prime minister, President Trump said: "The woman was driving on the wrong side of the road, and that can happen.

"You know, those are the opposite roads, that happens. I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did.

"So a young man was killed, the person that was driving the automobile has diplomatic immunity, we're going to speak to her very shortly and see if we can do something where they meet.

"It was an accident, it was a terrible accident."

Harry Dunn died in hospital after his motorbike was in a crash with a Volvo

After meeting the foreign secretary, Harry's mother Charlotte Charles said she felt "let down" by both the UK and US governments.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49986700
    The law is for suckers.

Just wait till they ratify that 'trade deal' with US.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...mp-impeachment

Comment section is a gold mine.
    And a doom and gloom trump article on Fox!
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Actually even the PM has demanded justice in this case and it has become quit a thorn in the trade negotiations...

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Actually even the PM has demanded justice in this case and it has become quit a thorn in the trade negotiations...
    Probably because it sent a clear signal of things to come.

Well, it is the UK so the signal is anything but clear...

Well, it is the UK so the signal is anything but clear...