hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 985 of 994 FirstFirst ... 485885935975982983984985986987988 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,700 of 19862

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Of course. You do it all the time more than any other country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Everyone's virtue signaling but since we're talking about a 7 month old fetus at this point the ugly fact is that there's lots of shouting and posturing and walking with signs but what I'm not seeing is any pro-abortion people lining up to go stick the poison needle into the baby's heart and vacuuming it out themselves
    Hence the word "choice". I'm pro-choice, but I would not get an abortion if I were female. But it isn't my body to decide.

That's not virtue signaling, it's just a fact. Two competing interests, a person and inside them a potential person. The person wins. Within limits.

And I don't volunteer to perform the abortion, same as I don't volunteer to do lots of dirty/unpleasant jobs. I don't think you need be required to perform said task to support a right to said task being legally and safely available.

Ultimately, legal abortion doesn't force anyone who is against abortion to have abortions. The "make it illegal" side is 100% interfering with others lives.

nor do I see anti-abortion people offering to adopt and take care of the baby throughout its miserable short life.
    In fairness, many Christian do adopt, and do contribute to charities that help unwanted kids. But certainly not the majority, no.

Reading the FOX News comments section on articles re: the mass shooting in Buffalo is seriously enough for me to lose any remaining faith in humanity.

It's interesting that the people who most loudly proclaim their godliness and Christianity are, without question, the least Christian-values people in human history.

The level of racial hatred is just off the f'ing charts.

At one point you could maybe claim they're Russian troll farms but I'm not sure the ruble commands enough buying power for that to still be the case.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Its been what, 4 or 5 mass shootings within the last 2w? The only "unusual" one is the church attack which apparently was done by a Chinese man due to hate of/against Taiwan if I understood it correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Reading the FOX News comments section on articles re: the mass shooting in Buffalo is seriously enough for me to lose any remaining faith in humanity.

It's interesting that the people who most loudly proclaim their godliness and Christianity are, without question, the least Christian-values people in human history.

Just remember that it was always there. They just feel like they don't have to hide it any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Just remember that it was always there. They just feel like they don't have to hide it any more.
    This. First it was trolls, then retards came from the woodwork to join them, feeling they can finally say what they have been thinking all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Its been what, 4 or 5 mass shootings within the last 2w? The only "unusual" one is the church attack which apparently was done by a Chinese man due to hate of/against Taiwan if I understood it correctly.
    4 “technically” mass shootings last weekend. This society is sick and defective.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

This. First it was trolls, then retards came from the woodwork to join them, feeling they can finally say what they have been thinking all this time.
    Any community pretending to be idiots eventually attracts enough actual idiots who aren't pretending.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

Any community pretending to be idiots eventually attracts enough actual idiots who aren't pretending.
    Yup, before it played to the well known scenario of:
    - say moronic thing
    - people respond
    - lol, jk guys, i was just trolling

Nowadays last step is replaced by rush to defend by likeminded.

Man I remember the grief I got in here back in 2016 for saying they're not joking and they did mean it and they are fascists

Now here we are
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

There's no hate quite like christian love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

I mean in NL biohazard material, including all human remains, are either used for research or burned. Of course i doubt its done at a power plant, does a crematorium hook up power back to a power grid? If so is it a 'green' crematorium?

In the smooth brain conspiracy nutters head its really just a very small leap.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Morgan Freeman voice: "But she did."

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...ApkiYSscjIhxUg
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Uhhhhhhh...

Legal experts responded with alarm Monday to a ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court's right-wing majority that could lead to the indefinite imprisonment and even execution of people who argue their lawyers didn't provide adequate representation after convictions in state court.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor—joined by the other two liberals on the court—also blasted the majority opinion in Shinn v. Martinez Ramirez, writing in her scathing dissent that the decision is both "perverse" and "illogical."

The case involved two men, David Martinez Ramirez and Barry Lee Jones, who are on death row in Arizona. The majority determined that inmates can't present new evidence in federal court to support a claim that their post-conviction attorney in state court was ineffective, in violation of the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which affirms the right to "the assistance of counsel" in criminal all prosecutions.

"A federal habeas court may not conduct an evidentiary hearing or otherwise consider evidence beyond the state court record based on ineffective assistance of state post-conviction counsel," Justice Clarence Thomas wrote for the majority, adding that "serial relitigation of final convictions undermines the finality that 'is essential to both the retributive and deterrent functions of criminal law.'"

Sotomayor, meanwhile, wrote that "the Sixth Amendment guarantees criminal defendants the right to the effective assistance of counsel at trial. This court has recognized that right as 'a bedrock principle' that constitutes the very 'foundation for our adversary system' of criminal justice."

"Today, however, the court hamstrings the federal courts' authority to safeguard that right. The court's decision will leave many people who were convicted in violation of the Sixth Amendment to face incarceration or even execution without any meaningful chance to vindicate their right to counsel," she warned, also noting that the ruling "all but overrules two recent precedents," Martinez v. Ryan and Trevino v. Thaler.

In a piece for Slate highlighting how the ruling "will cause profound suffering and perhaps even death as people are denied their constitutional rights," University of Michigan Law School professor Leah Litman declared that the majority "took a wrecking ball to those decisions."
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...le-will-remain

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Screening tests on babies to determine fitness for society. Gattaca was too early.
    Here in Croatia these past few days is a big hubbub regarding a pregnant woman in late pregnancy whose child has brain tumors and would have a very nasty short life if born. She wants to abort, lotsa doctors here refuse to do it, sparking a "right to abort" protests and lotsa discussion on the nuances of the whole issue, so yeah.
    2022 medicine, 1810 mindset i guess.
    Everyone's virtue signaling but since we're talking about a 7 month old fetus at this point the ugly fact is that there's lots of shouting and posturing and walking with signs but what I'm not seeing is any pro-abortion people lining up to go stick the poison needle into the baby's heart and vacuuming it out themselves nor do I see anti-abortion people offering to adopt and take care of the baby throughout its miserable short life.

This is the procedure we're talking about here and tbh there's no happy ending to this either way (Induction Abortion).

https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/P...px?hwid=tw2562

But as always, George Carlin said it best

Presume you are one of those hypocrites who believes people should be entitled to heart surgery but isnt willing to get out his own Scalpel and have a go there Lief?

Lord Haw Haw woke up and made one of his marvelous post again i see.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

le fuck now my post is above jack's?????? lololololololol
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Fence sitting. A masterpiece.