hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 971 of 994 FirstFirst ... 471871921961968969970971972973974981 ... LastLast
Results 19,401 to 19,420 of 19862

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Just let the plague rats breed new variants guys, don't be mean to them.
    That's a weird way to talk about Africa and people in poor countries worldwide but whatever floats your boat mate.

Currently designated Variants of Concern (VOCs)+:

WHO label Pango
    lineage
    GISAID clade Nextstrain clade Additional amino acid changes monitored Earliest documented
    samples
    Date of designation
    Alpha
    B.1.1.7 GRY 20I (V1) +S:484K
    +S:452R
    United Kingdom,
    Sep-2020
    18-Dec-2020
    Beta B.1.351
    GH/501Y.V2 20H (V2) +S:L18F South Africa,
    May-2020
    18-Dec-2020
    Gamma P.1
    GR/501Y.V3 20J (V3) +S:681H Brazil,
    Nov-2020
    11-Jan-2021
    Delta B.1.617.2 G/478K.V1 21A, 21I, 21J +S:417N
    +S:484K
    India,
    Oct-2020
    VOI: 4-Apr-2021
    VOC: 11-May-2021
    Omicron* B.1.1.529 GR/484A 21K - Multiple countries, Nov-2021 VUM: 24-Nov-2021
    VOC: 26-Nov-2021

I'll show myself off back to the COVID thread now.
    The difference is a lot of people in Africa are trying to get vaccinated, but can't, due to rich countries hoarding all the vax.

That's very different to selfish subhumans who can get the vaccine, but won't, because they are selfish shitbags who hate their fellow countrymen.

We should help the first set of people, by giving the second set of people lives and possessions to the first set. They would be far better citizens and much nicer neighbors.
    meh

Yeah, no. I mean, you can keep having that simplistic view all you want, if it makes you happy, but the reality is a bit different and much more complex. But Muricah gonna Muricah I guess.

Today, though, South Africa has about 150 days’ worth of vaccine supply. It’s now facing the same problem that’s bedeviling countries the world over: Lots of people don’t want to get their shots. South Africa recently paused deliveries of the J&J and Pfizer vaccines because it has more stock than it can use. “We have plenty [of] vaccine and capacity but hesitancy is a challenge,” Nicholas Crisp, the deputy director-general of the country’s health department, told Bloomberg recently.

The South African experience is an example of how anti-vaccine sentiment has become a global phenomenon at precisely the worst time. Nearly a quarter of Russians, 18 percent of Americans, and about 10 percent of Germans, Canadians, and French are “unwilling” to get vaccinated, according to a November Morning Consult poll of 15 countries. South Africa wasn’t part of the Morning Consult sample, but a study from this past summer found that it had a high level of vaccine hesitancy when compared globally. It falls roughly in the middle of African countries in terms of vaccine hesitancy: About a third of South Africans have been vaccinated, a higher percentage than most other African countries, but 22 percent of South Africans weren’t willing to accept a COVID-19 vaccine, according to a study from this past spring, compared with just 4 percent of people in Ethiopia and 38 percent of people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Malawi and South Sudan recently destroyed thousands of vaccine doses because the countries weren’t going to be able to administer them before they expired.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...axxers/620901/
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; December 12 2021 at 05:10:03 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Sick, so people would rather die and be plague rats everywhere, let em. As for the rest of us fuck them and let em rot. South Africa also has issues with getting medicine to people that need it, something else the global north could of helped organize.

Mandatory: r u ok hun?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

didn't you get all upset about this line of questioning before? lol Lief

Yeah, no. I mean, you can keep having that simplistic view all you want, if it makes you happy, but the reality is a bit different and much more complex. But Muricah gonna Muricah I guess.

Today, though, South Africa has about 150 days’ worth of vaccine supply. It’s now facing the same problem that’s bedeviling countries the world over: Lots of people don’t want to get their shots. South Africa recently paused deliveries of the J&J and Pfizer vaccines because it has more stock than it can use. “We have plenty [of] vaccine and capacity but hesitancy is a challenge,” Nicholas Crisp, the deputy director-general of the country’s health department, told Bloomberg recently.

The South African experience is an example of how anti-vaccine sentiment has become a global phenomenon at precisely the worst time. Nearly a quarter of Russians, 18 percent of Americans, and about 10 percent of Germans, Canadians, and French are “unwilling” to get vaccinated, according to a November Morning Consult poll of 15 countries. South Africa wasn’t part of the Morning Consult sample, but a study from this past summer found that it had a high level of vaccine hesitancy when compared globally. It falls roughly in the middle of African countries in terms of vaccine hesitancy: About a third of South Africans have been vaccinated, a higher percentage than most other African countries, but 22 percent of South Africans weren’t willing to accept a COVID-19 vaccine, according to a study from this past spring, compared with just 4 percent of people in Ethiopia and 38 percent of people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Malawi and South Sudan recently destroyed thousands of vaccine doses because the countries weren’t going to be able to administer them before they expired.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...axxers/620901/
    Yeh its a big issue. I saw a report from Metropolis. 2 goat herders in Kenya travelled a whole day to get the vax, when they arrived at the med post they were just out. They returned to the herd and said they just couldn't afford to travel back any time soon. The doc said there was not a shortage but a logistical problem.
    Followed by a report in Bhutan where vax got helicoptered in to mountain herders.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

didn't you get all upset about this line of questioning before? lol Lief
    Welcome to my death cult I guess.

If they are unwilling to get vaccinated, I am unwilling to accept those people and share my space, my town, my country, my world with them, and will act toward them accordingly.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    If they are unwilling to get vaccinated, I am unwilling to accept those people and share my space, my town, my country, my world with them, and will act toward them accordingly.
    haha wew lad

Make sure you stream it

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    haha wew lad

Make sure you stream it
    That's just giving the anti-social plaguerat shitbags a reward for their shit, anti-civilization behavior. Better just to wall them off and never think of them again.
    meh

haha wew lad

Make sure you stream it
    That's just giving the anti-social plaguerat shitbags a reward for their shit, anti-civilization behavior. Better just to wall them off and never think of them again.
    Oh you're not talking about personally slaughtering them? You're clearly uncommitted.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

haha wew lad

Make sure you stream it
    Oh you're not talking about personally slaughtering them? You're clearly uncommitted.
    They're doing a great job of slaughtering themselves. I just want measures put in place so they don't impact medical delivery and services to better people. I don't want those kind of people lingering around when I buy groceries either.
    meh

haha wew lad

Make sure you stream it
    Why would you? All we have to do is round them up into camps and 99% of them will get vaccinated within a day or two. The remaining 1% will die off from the rona. Crisis solved, world saved, ezpz.

I present to you: the brave uberfuhrer of the FHC left. Give em a round of applause, everybody!

I remember days when we banned people for even joking about genocide and putting people into camps but I must be old fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

Why would you? All we have to do is round them up into camps and 99% of them will get vaccinated within a day or two. The remaining 1% will die off from the rona. Crisis solved, world saved, ezpz.
    Isn't that what Australia is doing with Abos at the moment?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I present to you: the brave uberfuhrer of the FHC left. Give em a round of applause, everybody!

I remember days when we banned people for even joking about genocide and putting people into camps but I must be old fashioned.
    I also remember when unhinged theories were lulsuphers domian

Lief lamenting the loss of Lark lol

It was always only the right-leaning people who were banned. Except XenosisReaper I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post

It was always only the right-leaning people who were banned. Except XenosisReaper I guess.
    Fascism is when you are sexist

Lief lamenting the loss of Lark lol
    Dunno how you got that from that but it must be weird having Lief renting space in your head
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.