hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 203253293300301302303
Results 6,041 to 6,044 of 6044

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    So when are the Dems going to summon Rudy, or hold people in contempt of Congress for ignoring subpoenas? I mean, there's no point issuing subpoenas if you're not going to throw your weight around.
    One of the better exchanges came when Rep. Jordan (the guy who allegedly ignored extreme sexual assault of athletes at Ohio State when he was a coach there) complained that much of the testimony Democrats are relying on is indirect or second hand, and a rep from Virginia countered that "we have a seat here for the primary source to come in and testify whenever he wants," referring ofc. to Trump.

Practically, the sad truth is that aside from the Sergeant at Arms, Congress has very little direct power to physically enforce subpoenas. I do worry that Dems will rely too much on the witnesses they already have access to, and will try to argue that Trump's ordering everyone to ignore subpoenas is itself an impeachable obstruction of justice, but that sort of thing is hard to get the public to buy into when people apparently already have enough trouble wrapping their heads around the basic facts of the current extortion case, and trying to get the Capitol Police to go clap irons on someone ensconced in the White House is a fight no one wants to have.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

what happens to a normal person when they ignore a subpoena?

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    They get held in contempt and if they continue to not show up, they're subject to fines and potential imprisonment. The whole problem currently is that the people ignoring subpoenas are serving in the Executive Branch, which creates a ton of thorny and technocratic legal issues:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/congress...tween-branches

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    They get held in contempt and if they continue to not show up, they're subject to fines and potential imprisonment. The whole problem currently is that the people ignoring subpoenas are serving in the Executive Branch, which creates a ton of thorny and technocratic legal issues:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/congress...tween-branches
    But the Executive Branch protection, only last for as long as they are in the position.
    Next election is under a year..

Now that this thing has started, I doubt a resignation/loss of election will stop it from being concluded.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.