hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 298 of 323 FirstFirst ... 198248288295296297298299300301308 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 6453

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Is the fed doing more QE?
    When is the Fed not doing QE?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    This seems unusual in that they are telling everyone they aren't doing QE this time while clearly engaging in activity which could be described as QE
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    This seems unusual in that they are telling everyone they aren't doing QE this time while clearly engaging in activity which could be described as QE
    maskirovka

ayyyyyyy
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    There's like a million Alistair posts with some extremely snide insult about someone's age lol
    Yep, there is. And it was wrong to do so tbqh. People can learn.

Being critical of a lack of real world experience in a topic is fine. Being critical purely of someone because of the age isn't.

We all have biases.

In any event, this is just a "Whatabout" argument. Just because I've done it on FHC doesn't justify when any of you do it, or when elected officials do it.
    Last edited by Alistair; November 10 2019 at 02:53:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Anyone that wants "smaller government" and all that other conservative nonsense, is basically saying " I hate where I live, I hate my form of government, and the way of life my country enjoys, and I want to destroy the country, our way of life, and I want to harm all the people living in the country with me..."
    Pretty sure that's not what they're saying, but ok.

And we need to start treating them like the domestic enemies they are...
    So what should that treatment be then?

You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    There's like a million Alistair posts with some extremely snide insult about someone's age lol
    Yep, there is. And it was wrong to do so tbqh. People can learn.

Being critical of a lack of real world experience in a topic is fine. Being critical purely of someone because of the age isn't.

We all have biases.

In any event, this is just a "Whatabout" argument. Just because I've done it on FHC doesn't justify when any of you do it, or when elected officials do it.
    You can't be racist against white people and you can't be ageist against the generation who pulled the ladder of opportunity up behind them
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Anyone that wants "smaller government" and all that other conservative nonsense, is basically saying " I hate where I live, I hate my form of government, and the way of life my country enjoys, and I want to destroy the country, our way of life, and I want to harm all the people living in the country with me..."
    Pretty sure that's not what they're saying, but ok.

And we need to start treating them like the domestic enemies they are...
    So what should that treatment be then?
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they are saying. I can tell from watching 20 years of their treasonous, Anti-American actions and words.

How we should treat them? Well. I've always advocated for direct, teachable moments, but I suppose a mass hanging on the national mall is probably better than most of these cunts deserve.
    meh

impressive mental gymnastics, alistair

you vast real world experience doesn't help you understand basic cause and effect, yet anyone who is not as decrepit are just meddling kids that don't know any better
    Last edited by RazoR; November 10 2019 at 04:27:35 PM.

The typical Trump and Brexit voter has decades of "real world experience" on The Kids

It doesn't seem to be worth much in the end

The typical Trump and Brexit voter has decades of "real world experience" on The Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    And the actual bad stuff was left out, per Vindman.
    I mean, in this version we have: Ukraine saying they're ready to buy more Javelins and Trump responding immediately with the "I'd like you to do us a favor though," specific references to investigating the Bidens, and the only slightly veiled threats to Ambassador Yovanovitch. Vindman filled in some blanks, but the meat of the extortion is right there on the page, and it reads exactly like a conversation between some city politician and a mob boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Well of course he did. He already had the screws tightened on him with Trump withholding aid and it's not like Trump is hard to figure out.
    I know that for most of the people doing it it's performative, hold-my-nose-and-get-it-over-with sucking up, what I actually find most grotesque about it is that it works so well.
    welcome to the great game, it's been like this for hundreds of years.

the only difference is that A : Trump is doing the asking, rather than delegating it to some disposable flunkey and B : he's trying to create dirt on somebody part of the in-group rather than the out-group, had he asked the Ukraine to generate dirt on say, Sanders or Ocasio-Cortez we'd never even have heard about it beyond the established media regurgitating transparent bullshit wholesale.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Small government is just a dog whistle for less progressive politics and more poor black people, more white supremacy and more blaming the poors for systemic poverty.

It's just conservatives being annoyed less people are suffering.
    Last edited by Keckers; November 10 2019 at 05:53:22 PM.

Small government is just a dog whistle for less progressive politics and more poor black people, more white supremacy and more blaming the poors for systemic poverty.

It's just conservatives being annoyed less people are suffering.
    conservatism, a infantile disorder tbh.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Yep, there is. And it was wrong to do so tbqh. People can learn...
    There's a fairly consistent pattern here, where you don't accept that some subclass of crappy behaviour should actually be considered a real problem until you get it done to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I mean, in this version we have: Ukraine saying they're ready to buy more Javelins and Trump responding immediately with the "I'd like you to do us a favor though," specific references to investigating the Bidens, and the only slightly veiled threats to Ambassador Yovanovitch. Vindman filled in some blanks, but the meat of the extortion is right there on the page, and it reads exactly like a conversation between some city politician and a mob boss.

Well of course he did. He already had the screws tightened on him with Trump withholding aid and it's not like Trump is hard to figure out.
    I know that for most of the people doing it it's performative, hold-my-nose-and-get-it-over-with sucking up, what I actually find most grotesque about it is that it works so well.

the only difference is that A : Trump is doing the asking, rather than delegating it to some disposable flunkey and B : he's trying to create dirt on somebody part of the in-group rather than the out-group, had he asked the Ukraine to generate dirt on say, Sanders or Ocasio-Cortez we'd never even have heard about it beyond the established media regurgitating transparent bullshit wholesale.
    So when did former American presidents demand help in their domestic political campaigns in exchange for military aide that they had no legal authority to hold up? The closest thing in recent memory I'm aware of is Iran-Contra, where there was just barely enough of a sliver of a degree of separation between Reagan and the apparatus that sold weapons in exchange for a favorable headline to use against Carter that his smile carried him through the whole crisis on the backs of his followers.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

So when did former American presidents demand help in their domestic political campaigns in exchange for military aide that they had no legal authority to hold up? The closest thing in recent memory I'm aware of is Iran-Contra, where there was just barely enough of a sliver of a degree of separation between Reagan and the apparatus that sold weapons in exchange for a favorable headline to use against Carter that his smile carried him through the whole crisis on the backs of his followers.
    Nixon did the same by telling the south to walk out of peace negotiations until he was in office. This was far worse than anything Trump has done so far

Also the question you're asking is way too narrow. Better one is "When did a president subvert America's security or position to advance their narrow self-interest?" And the answer you'd come back with is: many. Probably far more than we know, but starting with just Nixon, Reagan and the Bushes as the most recent examples

well, you've got flat out fabrication of intelligence for the Iraq war that in turn carried Bush Jr. trough two presidencies, the Nayirah testimony used by his dad, the Panama Invasion, that is ironically smeared with shit from Iran-Contra to such a extend that it's functionally a part of that specific farce.

side note, anybody claiming the Iraq wars had no domestic implications are full of shit.

then of course there is Nixon intentionally tanking negotiations with North Vietnam to strengthen his electoral campaign, i would argue that EVERY president has engaged in this sort of fuckery to a extend.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

well, you've got flat out fabrication of intelligence for the Iraq war that in turn carried Bush Jr. trough two presidencies, the Nayirah testimony used by his dad, the Panama Invasion, that is ironically smeared with shit from Iran-Contra to such a extend that it's functionally a part of that specific farce.

side note, anybody claiming the Iraq wars had no domestic implications are full of shit.

then of course there is Nixon intentionally tanking negotiations with North Vietnam to strengthen his electoral campaign, i would argue that EVERY president has engaged in this sort of fuckery to a extend.
    I'd also add the shady technology transfers to China that happened under the Clinton admin