hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 274 of 583 FirstFirst ... 174224264271272273274275276277284324374 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 11657

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Here’s an interesting display of vox populi.

Classic hippodrome scenes.
    I'm proud of my fellow Nats Fans for booing him.

With that said, as a Jets Fan, and a Nats Fan, and a fan of NOT TRUMP, I am clearly living in the worst mother fucking timeline.

Fucker.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

With that said, as a Jets Fan, and a Nats Fan, and a fan of NOT TRUMP, I am clearly living in the worst mother fucking timeline.

Fucker.
    While I agree this is a bad timeline, it doesn't come close to the 60s (and I am referring to both the 1860s and 1960s).
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Fucker.
    While I agree this is a bad timeline, it doesn't come close to the 60s (and I am referring to both the 1860s and 1960s).
    U wot did you miss the whole impending climate based extinction

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Fucker.
    as opposed to the whole impending nuclear based extinction?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Fucker.
    as opposed to the whole impending nuclear based extinction?
    >60s
    nahhh

people are forgetting how much poetry was going on in the 60's, modern times aren't nearly as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    people are forgetting how much poetry was going on in the 60's, modern times aren't nearly as bad.
    Allen Ginsberg did 'nuffin rong!
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Sabotaged by AutoCorrect, I assume...

The numbers touted at Davos and Ted talks ignore the purchasing power and national statistics of the respective countries by going for a number set by the World Bank which is laughably low (1.90/day, 3.10/day etc). The minimum wage in many Latin American countries will be around 200-300/mo. but with "global poverty statistics" we're supposed to think Brazil has less than 10% poverty rate

Also climate change has the potential to erase any progress in the extreme poverty and famine category, so things are probably gonna get worse
    Last edited by mewninn; October 29 2019 at 06:48:26 PM.

USA: No data.

Yeah well when you're on food stamps and have a untreated bump under your arm, everything is fine because others have it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Yeah well when you're on food stamps and have a untreated bump under your arm, everything is fine because others have it worse.
    Right. At least the untreated bump isn't plague.

nope.

https://www.cdc.gov/plague/maps/index.html
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    nope.

https://www.cdc.gov/plague/maps/index.html
    Okay. At least the untreated bump under your arm probably isn't plague. Fewer than 10 cases a year isn't too bad.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...mocrats-060187

“They will not get my vote on [nuking the filibuster],” Sinema said in her office, outfitted with shiny leather and translucent chairs and boasting a vivid shade of purple that pops from the walls. “In fact, whether I’m in the majority or the minority I would always vote to reinstate the protections for the minority. … It is the right thing for the country.”
    Sinema isn’t out for revenge, either. She’s currently uncommitted in McSally’s campaign against Democrat Mark Kelly and has no plans to weigh in. She said her constituents “don’t care” about endorsements.

That neutral stance might buy her goodwill with her Republican colleagues, who are in the majority, after all. But it’s another reminder that her moderate stance doesn’t play well with all Democrats. The state Democratic Party put off a censure vote against her this year, but could revive it next year.
    And missing votes on the EPA chief for an Ironman race?

“Ironman’s pretty badass. It’s awesome,” she responded when asked if she got any criticism for skipping town for New Zealand just two months into her term.

Can we just skip these noxious Gen-X politicians and go for the millennial and zoomers, please?

“They will not get my vote on [nuking the filibuster],” Sinema said in her office, outfitted with shiny leather and translucent chairs and boasting a vivid shade of purple that pops from the walls. “In fact, whether I’m in the majority or the minority I would always vote to reinstate the protections for the minority. … It is the right thing for the country.”
    Sinema isn’t out for revenge, either. She’s currently uncommitted in McSally’s campaign against Democrat Mark Kelly and has no plans to weigh in. She said her constituents “don’t care” about endorsements.

That neutral stance might buy her goodwill with her Republican colleagues, who are in the majority, after all. But it’s another reminder that her moderate stance doesn’t play well with all Democrats. The state Democratic Party put off a censure vote against her this year, but could revive it next year.

“Ironman’s pretty badass. It’s awesome,” she responded when asked if she got any criticism for skipping town for New Zealand just two months into her term.

Can we just skip these noxious Gen-X politicians and go for the millennial and zoomers, please?
    Jesus fucking christ what a dumb cunt. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Jesus fucking christ what a dumb cunt. Ugh.
    A politician skipping a vote that will decide health outcomes for millions so she can indulge in her yuppified marathon is the type of narcissism that only Trump can beat

Meanwhile, studies proving what some of us knew all along...

http://www.centernyc.org/new-york-citys-15-minimum-wage
    meh

Meanwhile, here’s a wholesome youth trend we can all get behind.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...cisms-n1073331

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, studies proving what some of us knew all along...

http://www.centernyc.org/new-york-citys-15-minimum-wage
    It's a shame that real wages are pathetically below what they were decades ago. Boomers with zero perspective and an insatiable lust for larger profit margins to pay for their bigger pool in their overpriced McMansion retirement home haven't even done basic math to see that minimum wage should be ~$15 an hour just to match 1970s wages. Half the income they once earned for their employees yet demanding more labor.

(Not really since 1968 minimum wage today would be ~10, but federal minimum is still $7.25 and do we want increased working class wages or not?).

Kill the war, shoot the boomer.
    Last edited by Spaztick; October 30 2019 at 12:11:21 AM.