hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 621 of 658 FirstFirst ... 121521571611618619620621622623624631 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,420 of 13152

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Alistair thinks all of the neoliberalese in our laws is actual regulation instead of padding and regulatory carveouts for the 1,000 different interests who have influence in Congress
    <minas> ashp: i like the way there are still people who think the forex isn't being hugely manipulated by hedge funds
    <Frools> your mother is being hugely manipulated by a hedge fund
    <minas> terrible
    <minas> at least make some effort, Frools
    <Asestorian> your father is being hugely manipulated by a hedge fund
    <Frools> your hedge fund is being hugely manipulated by your mother
    <Asestorian> a fund for the preservation of hedges is being hugely manipulated by your mother
    <Frools> a hedge is being hugely preserved by manipulation of your mother
    <MaZ-> minas: your mothers vagina is a hedge fund
    <ashp> minas: there are people who still believe the entire economical system isn't being manipulated!

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Where did you dig up that antiquated exchange?

Sent fra min Nokia 3.1 via Tapatalk
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

the logs

He documents everything

He documents everything
    Mr logovitch
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

the logs
    Butbutbut the logs show nothing??
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

The logs have been manipulated by hedgefunds
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Alistair thinks all of the neoliberalese in our laws is actual regulation instead of padding and regulatory carveouts for the 1,000 different interests who have influence in Congress
    Mewninn is the typical inexperienced know-nothing-E-expert who likes to pretend he has broad and deep knowledge of things, but when questioned, exposes that he lacks any real life experience or understanding of the topics he pretends to be an smug expert on.

For example, his word salad of 1st year Uni student theory talk above rather obviously lacks any real knowledge of the thousands of Federal, State of Local regulations and their purposes and effects.

Instead he belches out simplistic generalities he probably heard a few times on MSNBC about "evil corporations controlling regulation". The political opposite of dumb Trumpist whining about "oppressive regulation" this and that.

His massive oversimplification of things is typical of guys who just spout whatever they hear on TV without ever having actually taken any Administrative Law classes or worked in any position/industry that operates under meaningful Federal/State and Local regulation.

But yeah, Mew, sure. Whatever you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

That's right

His massive oversimplification of things is typical of guys who just spout whatever they hear on TV without ever having actually taken any Administrative Law classes or worked in any position/industry that operates under meaningful Federal/State and Local regulation.
    What meaningfully regulated industries would those be? The US food industry? Your health insurance industry? Your prison industry? Your advertising industry?

How many industries are regulated for the benefit of the supplier over anybody else?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Mewninn is the typical inexperienced know-nothing-E-expert who likes to pretend he has broad and deep knowledge of things, but when questioned, exposes that he lacks any real life experience or understanding of the topics he pretends to be an smug expert on.

For example, his word salad of 1st year Uni student theory talk above rather obviously lacks any real knowledge of the thousands of Federal, State of Local regulations and their purposes and effects.

Instead he belches out simplistic generalities he probably heard a few times on MSNBC about "evil corporations controlling regulation". The political opposite of dumb Trumpist whining about "oppressive regulation" this and that.

All these sound like learned helplessness in organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

What meaningfully regulated industries would those be? The US food industry? Your health insurance industry? Your prison industry? Your advertising industry?

How many industries are regulated for the benefit of the supplier over anybody else?
    I mean yes, the regulate those industries on a corporate basis, as greed would otherwise dictate they were so horrible people would die far more often by the hand of the market.

You are right that almost all regulations are biased towards wealth. In the medical market the drugs may be safer, but they cost thousands a month more.

Mewinn wqs wrong, the government is involved in the markets extensively. Doesn't mean its not in a way we'd like though. Unemployment programs are market intervention. Pretty sure they'd like to let the free hand take over that section soon too though.

Regardless, again most of you misssed the point. I never said Clinton would of been a savior, rather that you are a bumbling moron if you think Trump was the best or only leader to get us to an optimal Covid response. Having lost family myself from it, ive thought about it alot and cannot come to the same emotional conclusion.

Democrats are terrified of public image, 200k dead (at least of amerocans that could be tied to them directly) isn't something even the most backwards of them would shrug at. Leadership here has shrugged at it and better yet encouraged people to disbelief it.

I know we disagree about lots of shit here but I'm genuinely sorry for your loss, mate.

I don't think anyone on FHC thinks Trump was the best leader to get you an "optimal" Covid response, but it's also ridiculous blaming him for the deaths, cause COVID literally doesn't care who is president if it hits a country with a huge population, large cities, lots of people travelling in and out before the travel bans, and as health reports show with lots of people eating unhealthy and with lots of vitamin D deficiency, being overweight etc etc. Whatever your president said, whoever he or she was, to wear masks or not or inject bleach or go out in the sun or everyone lock your doors and close businesses or whatever, states quickly trying to buy masks and respirators and shit in the last moment outbidding each other, at the end of the day it's each person's personal choice and responsibility about how much to be exposed or not but mostly it's a random chance whether you'll be in presence of someone infected or not, whether you must to go work regardless of the risk or you got some savings so you can stay at home for a couple of months, and then on the most fundamental level it's a battle between the virus and each infected's immune system, constitution and general health. Then and only then does it matter whether you get medical attention and if it's gonna help or not. Most people who died in Croatia were on respirators and under medical attention, so it didn't really make a difference, since most of them were also senior citizens and/or had previous medical conditions. Who knows, maybe USA just reached the peak (if it is the peak) before others due to this combination of factors, and the rest of the world will catch up in a year or two with the percentages, if we even ever manage to find out the correct numbers and diagnoses. I don't see the benefit of politicizing deaths from natural causes, with all the madness and misery in the USA you really don't need to go there as well.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; September 25 2020 at 09:56:52 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    but it's also ridiculous blaming him for the deaths
    No it's fucking not.

He told people injecting bleach might be a cure.

He downplayed how bad it is.

He fired people who disagreed with him about how bad it is.

He undermined health professionals who said it was fucking terrible.

He is completely to blame for the death count over there. Any other leader would've put in some sort of preventative measures and lockdown procedures so the death count wasn't so high. Saying otherwise is wishful thinking of the highest degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Fair enough regarding his incompetence, but if he said the literal opposite of what he said, what would have fundamentally changed about how infectious the virus is and how resistant people are to it? You think words from a guy who has the title of "president", not only in the USA but anywhere in the world holds any relevance to the virus once it infects someone?

I seriously don't mean to be a dick here or anything, I just find it strange that a biological thing is being turned into a political one. But USA gonna USA I guess.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Fair enough regarding his incompetence, but if he said the literal opposite of what he said, what would have fundamentally changed about how infectious the virus is and how resistant people are to it? You think words from a guy who has the title of "president", not only in the USA but anywhere in the world holds any relevance to the virus once it infects someone?

I seriously don't mean to be a dick here or anything, I just find it strange that a biological thing is being turned into a political one. But USA gonna USA I guess.
    the attitude of people might have changed

even if he'd said something as depressingly simple as 'only libtard pussies don't wear masks' - thousands of lives might have been saved

you underestimate just how many morons take him as gospel
    Last edited by teds :D; September 26 2020 at 08:16:31 AM.

I just find it strange that a biological thing is being turned into a political one. But USA gonna USA I guess.
    How a government reacts to a crisis is always going to be political. Now, it can be politically unifying, in which case we act like it's not political because everyone is working together.

Instead, he took direct, deliberate actions which made things worse.

Things he could have done:

Shown some actual leadership, told people to take this seriously, especially in the early months when small improvements could have had major impacts. While a lot of people think the man is a buffoon, there's a large part of the population that believes every word he says no matter how many times he contradicts himself, they'll lap it up. If he had said that masks worked and people should wear them back in March/April, our current anti-mask movement never gets off the ground.

Supported greater financial support for people losing their jobs and for businesses that needed to close. While the president can't just wave his hand and give everyone money, if he comes out and says "Everyone needs to stay home, and to do that, everyone needs enough money to live on, so lets make it happen," the senate isn't going to fight him too hard.

National testing program, so that they can get the data to develop better policies faster. There was a great article about on 538 how the COVID models have evolved over the last 6-7 months, and that the biggest problem they have is a lack of data due to a lack of widescale testing and national standards. According to at least one report, they were actually working on developing this, then decided to scrap it because COVID was hitting blue states hardest and they figured they could blame that on Dem governors. That is, needless to say, a very political decision that cost a lot of lives. Even if they didn't do something so morally bankrupt, the fact remains that the US lagged the rest of the world massively in testing capacity, even recently tried to change the recommendation to reduce the number of people getting tested, etc.

Then there's the PPE fuckery, where the federal reserve had something like 16000 ventilators that it could have given to the states that were getting hammered hardest and didn't, and the way the feds intercepted shipments to blue states, confiscated PPE like masks and ventilators, and then made the states grovel to get (some of) them back. Colorado, for instance, secured an order of 1500 ventilators, the feds said "Nope, can't have them," and then ignored the governor and other legislators' pleas until their one republican senator came and asked very nicely, and they graciosly gave the state 100 ventilators. Said republican senator then gets to claim credit for getting the ventilators, and of course heaps a bunch of praise on Trump for being so nice. Again, Trump has made this shit political AF.

Would we be at zero deaths if he'd handled things better? Absolutely not. But we could be a shitload lower then the 200k official COVID deaths, and 250k deaths above average that we've got now. And that's absolutely on him and the sociopaths around him.
    Quarantined and loving life.

I am not and will not argue he is or has power to change the virus, rather his behavior. Croatia is a really small country compared to the US. I have little idea on how many dead there are in that country now. I tried to look it up and got wildly different numbers. Not sure why. 200k dead from a virus here is not the inevitable. Many people would be in debt to our fucked medical system but not dead and powerless to change anything. I know people will die, they do all the time. One family member I had was very old and frail. My most recent family member to pass was 44 and very healthy and could of probably passed as a half a decade younger to anyone looking at him. I lost an aunt to cancer who wasn't much older than him. I understand illness, but when you live here you'd see it differently. Yes there might be morons everywhere but when the highest authority backs them up and creates them that is just madness.its not suppression of the truth via hiding it, its by supplanting it via alternative reality. I could see Clinton pulling a ill-fated suppression of the reality, but telling people its not a big deal and will be gone by Easter, no. I'd much prefer neither but the question wasn't that. Trump wqs about as terrible an idiot as we could of had for this. Its a virus that will keep killing. He fights the very people that have tried to fix it's effects. Even if he got it and died there would be no justice to fix how many have died to his incompetent leadership. I'm sure you might disagree but speak to a doctor or nurse here, or a low wage worker forced to interact with a trump supporter coughing in their face. Might change the optics a little.

Edit : i should of just replied agreeing with Steckersaurus, much.better put good sir
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; September 26 2020 at 01:32:10 AM.

https://www.quiverquant.com/sources/senatetrading

Mitch Mcconnells portfolio worth spiked hard in March during the market crash and slowly bled out afterwards. The most likely explanation is that he knew coronavirus would be disruptive and shorted the market through some mechanism. The funny part is he didn't take profit after passing the first stimulus bill and lost what he gained. Is this why mcconnell is refusing to pass second stimulus?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    https://www.quiverquant.com/sources/senatetrading

Mitch Mcconnells portfolio worth spiked hard in March during the market crash and slowly bled out afterwards. The most likely explanation is that he knew coronavirus would be disruptive and shorted the market through some mechanism. The funny part is he didn't take profit after passing the first stimulus bill and lost what he gained. Is this why mcconnell is refusing to pass second stimulus?
    Maybe you shouldn't look too hard for a complicated explanation where a simple one will do.

He's a cunt who hates Americans.
    meh