hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 295 of 589 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305345395 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 11777

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So, apparently the Israeli genocide settlements are kosher now.
    fyp

They are OK, they pay cash.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    So apparently, everyone in South Dakota is on Meth.

Scratch that one off the list then ...
    I dated a girl from Yankton, SD, she said it was locally referred to as Crankton. Sounds about right.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Anywhere in the US with systemic poverty is going to have some kind of drug epidemic.

I find the lack of commentary on the ongoing (pre-)impeachment hearings disturbing. I thought you autists would be all over that but besides that tweet there is nothing really so I have to ask, do you even really care about this shit or do you just like screeching like you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

no one cares because anyone who can put two and two together knows that nothing will come of the hearings except some nice soundbites for the election

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    I find the lack of commentary on the ongoing (pre-)impeachment hearings disturbing. I thought you autists would be all over that but besides that tweet there is nothing really so I have to ask, do you even really care about this shit or do you just like screeching like you do?
    i'm having fantastic fun following along the absolute descent into madness that the US is living through right now. He's so obviously guilty that it couldn't be clearer even if the sky lit up with HE'S GUILTY from god himself.

It's not very interesting and nothing will come of it

The Dem leadership only agreed to impeachment because their base was starting to getting angry at the constant appeasement toward Trump

I find the lack of commentary on the ongoing (pre-)impeachment hearings disturbing.
    It's not a hearing. It's a kangaroo court. Regardless of what happens the house will pass the articles of impeachment. Regardless of what happens the senate will acquit.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    I find the lack of commentary on the ongoing (pre-)impeachment hearings disturbing.
    It's not a hearing. It's a kangaroo court. Regardless of what happens the house will pass the articles of impeachment. Regardless of what happens the senate will acquit.
    I dunno that that’s really the proper term, given that the alleged conduct actually appears to have occurred. It’s not a matter of whether Trump did the thing, but whether the thing is worthy of impeachment.

It's also not a court. Yes it's performative, but the performance is important for establishing exactly what the Republicans will be on the hook to voters for come election season. And despite everything, that does still matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    It's also not a court. Yes it's performative, but the performance is important for establishing exactly what the Republicans will be on the hook to voters for come election season. And despite everything, that does still matter.
    Voters created this situation.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Eh, the Electoral College created this situation, along with Fox News. A plurality of voters tried to avoid this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Eh, the Electoral College created this situation, along with Fox News. A plurality of voters tried to avoid this situation.
    The Electoral College had nothing to do with Trump's victory over 16 of his challengers. Stop blaming it. Your point about Fox News is perfectly valid, however.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

The GOP and Democrats created this with their enforced political duopoly.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

The truth is: none of us could compete with Trump in "commenting impeachment hearings". He's faster than we are, because we have real jobs whereas he can comment-tweet live. And no kind of satire we'd come up with would match his reality-as-satire tweets. So we digress silently and let the master himself do the commentary.

The Electoral College had nothing to do with Trump's victory over 16 of his challengers. Stop blaming it. Your point about Fox News is perfectly valid, however.
    And there's also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    And there's also this:
    And that is why gerrymandering should be made completely illegal (un-constitutional?), because both sides to abuse it.

There needs to be actual rules and guidelines for drawing district boundaries which are followed and enforced.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.