hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 351 of 431 FirstFirst ... 251301341348349350351352353354361401 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 8601

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #7001
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,690
    She and Biden are fighting over the same 20%.

    Sanders, Buttigieg, and Warren each have their own 20%, more or less. Unless Iowa is a fluke for Biden and Buttigieg.

  2. #7002

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,064
    The NYT now shows Sanders slightly ahead, with a 54% probability of winning to Buttigieg's 46%, with 97% of precincts reporting.

  3. #7003
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,690
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/a...hitecture.html

    A draft of an executive order called “Making Federal Buildings Beautiful Again” would establish a classical style, inspired by Greek and Roman architecture, as the default for federal buildings in Washington and many throughout the country, discouraging modern design.

    The order, spearheaded by the National Civic Art Society, a nonprofit group that believes contemporary architecture has “created a built environment that is degraded and dehumanizing,” would rewrite the current rules that govern the design of office buildings, headquarters, and courthouses, or any federal building project contracted through the General Services Administration that costs over $50 million.

    “For too long architectural elites and bureaucrats have derided the idea of beauty, blatantly ignored public opinions on style, and have quietly spent taxpayer money constructing ugly, expensive, and inefficient buildings,” Marion Smith, the group’s chairman, wrote in a text message. “This executive order gives voice to the 99 percent — the ordinary American people who do not like what our government has been building.”



  4. #7004
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,434
    So these anti-american treasonous republican shitbags hate our current government buildings?

    I think that's extrapolation from them hating the American way of life and the American people.

    Maybe they should do something positive for their country for once and all drink bleach.
    meh

  5. #7005
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/a...hitecture.html

    A draft of an executive order called “Making Federal Buildings Beautiful Again” would establish a classical style, inspired by Greek and Roman architecture, as the default for federal buildings in Washington and many throughout the country, discouraging modern design.

    The order, spearheaded by the National Civic Art Society, a nonprofit group that believes contemporary architecture has “created a built environment that is degraded and dehumanizing,” would rewrite the current rules that govern the design of office buildings, headquarters, and courthouses, or any federal building project contracted through the General Services Administration that costs over $50 million.

    “For too long architectural elites and bureaucrats have derided the idea of beauty, blatantly ignored public opinions on style, and have quietly spent taxpayer money constructing ugly, expensive, and inefficient buildings,” Marion Smith, the group’s chairman, wrote in a text message. “This executive order gives voice to the 99 percent — the ordinary American people who do not like what our government has been building.”


    Germans ruined everything good smh

  6. #7006
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,342
    to be fair brutalism was a crime against humanity

  7. #7007

  8. #7008
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/a...hitecture.html

    A draft of an executive order called “Making Federal Buildings Beautiful Again” would establish a classical style, inspired by Greek and Roman architecture, as the default for federal buildings in Washington and many throughout the country, discouraging modern design.

    The order, spearheaded by the National Civic Art Society, a nonprofit group that believes contemporary architecture has “created a built environment that is degraded and dehumanizing,” would rewrite the current rules that govern the design of office buildings, headquarters, and courthouses, or any federal building project contracted through the General Services Administration that costs over $50 million.

    “For too long architectural elites and bureaucrats have derided the idea of beauty, blatantly ignored public opinions on style, and have quietly spent taxpayer money constructing ugly, expensive, and inefficient buildings,” Marion Smith, the group’s chairman, wrote in a text message. “This executive order gives voice to the 99 percent — the ordinary American people who do not like what our government has been building.”


    Based


  9. #7009
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    to be fair brutalism was a crime against humanity
    I don't mind a bit of brutalism here and there but it shouldn't be the default.


  10. #7010
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    to be fair brutalism was a crime against humanity
    I don't mind a bit of brutalism here and there but it shouldn't be the default.
    Bingo.

  11. #7011
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,687
    OMG guys did you see Pelosi tearing up Trump's speech?! I don't know how he'll ever recover from that. When I saw it I was like YAAAAASSS SLAAAAYYY. What a queen! It is so good to see a strong woman fighting against evil men like Drumpf!!!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  12. #7012
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,211
    We'll be sarcastically clapping and tearing paper until we get our huge majorities

  13. #7013
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    to be fair brutalism was a crime against humanity
    You are the worst Walrus.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  14. #7014
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,687
    How much the DNC charging for debate spaces now? Could be a good little grift for them while also putting enough voices up there to drown out Bernie
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  15. #7015

  16. #7016
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,211

  17. #7017
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,777
    I applaud the Commonwealth of Virginia for eliminating a holiday for Robert E. Lee and instead making the vital day of Election Day a state holiday. Kudos!

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/polit...rnd/index.html


  18. #7018
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,342
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    to be fair brutalism was a crime against humanity
    You are the worst Walrus.
    enjoy your concrete squares

  19. #7019
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,396
    And Trump wins yet another Democratic debate.

  20. #7020
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,252
    Sure, fire the people who testified against you. That's something innocent people would do.

    Also, have your agencies defy a congressional subpoena, but happily turn over records on request from someone from the president's party.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •