hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 725 of 818 FirstFirst ... 225625675715722723724725726727728735775 ... LastLast
Results 14,481 to 14,500 of 16344

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

so, out of curiosity, how much coverage is yesterday's nazi rally in DC getting ?

because perusing twitter, it got pretty wild and includes numerous stabbings and so forth. is it getting treated like another Charlottesville ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Sounds like the private sector is going to have to step in a cover for weak government again.

I expect zero tolerance policies to roll out with more vigor than has been in the past, and yes, if they catch you being a cunt on facebook, they should make you unemployed.

After all, who would buy a product from someone who employs racist/transphobic troglodytes?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so, out of curiosity, how much coverage is yesterday's nazi rally in DC getting ?

because perusing twitter, it got pretty wild and includes numerous stabbings and so forth. is it getting treated like another Charlottesville ?

I don't think enough people went for it to be actual news.
    meh

Gotta love the police basically acting as security for a literal nazi group in the capital. All the whinging about both sides while people are being stabbed while the police guard the men with the knives.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Sounds like the private sector is going to have to step in a cover for weak government again.

I expect zero tolerance policies to roll out with more vigor than has been in the past, and yes, if they catch you being a cunt on facebook, they should make you unemployed.

After all, who would buy a product from someone who employs racist/transphobic troglodytes?

You're like a bad parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

You're like a bad parody.
    Let's wait a year and see how my prediction pans out, shall we? I haven't worked anywhere in nearly 15 years that _doesn't_ have a zero tolerance policy to such things, and I expect it will spread, and become the norm. Here are some handy instructions on how to implement, from one of many foundations dedicated to making this important workplace change in the world.

Encourage and empower everyone to speak out against racist workplace practices and adopt a zero tolerance policy for this behavior. Set up systems that enable and empower your employees to come forward if they confront racist, unsafe, or illegal practices at work. These should cover a range of behaviors, from the most egregious acts to microaggressions that deprive your staff of the dignity they deserve at work. All of your employees, particularly women of color, must feel comfortable shining a light on workplace practices that jeopardize their safety or undermine their dignity.
    Make sure you have a whistleblower policy in place that promotes a culture of transparency and accountability and gives staff a concrete way to share their concerns. If you already have a whistleblower policy in place, review it and make sure it meets this moment. If not, work with your legal team to enact one that encourages your staff to unearth problems early and protects them from retaliation. Work with experts and facilitators to outline a clear process that facilitates learning, growth, and correction when incidents arise. Continue to check in with your staff about the processes that are created or revised. In a quickly evolving world, processes may need to be reevaluated or refreshed regularly.
    The racist shitbags will get fucking narced hard and they won't have anywhere to hide, except unemployment.

Hope the racists can keep their anti-social evil undercover....

No, wait, who am I kidding?

They don't have the mental capacity to be that duplicitous.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; November 15 2020 at 03:47:49 PM.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Richard Stengel, the point man on state-owned media for Joe Biden's transition team,
    What the fuck does this sentence even mean?
    Quarantined and loving life.

One stabbing, not numerous.

One Person Stabbed Amid Violent Clashes In Downtown D.C. After Pro-Trump Rally

And the reason why nobody covered it is that most of the country moved on and has other shit to worry about. We did the big boy election and now the big boy president is mad about it. Fine whatever. next crisis please

About 72 million americans, for a start
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

About 72 million americans, for a start
    All the more reason to act.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

I'm going to go out on as limb and say...racist/transphobic troglodytes.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Erich in "wipe them out. All of them" Palpatine cosplay mode.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

One stabbing, not numerous.

One Person Stabbed Amid Violent Clashes In Downtown D.C. After Pro-Trump Rally

And the reason why nobody covered it is that most of the country moved on and has other shit to worry about. We did the big boy election and now the big boy president is mad about it. Fine whatever. next crisis please
    Not if you watch the hours of footage showing alot more than the one stabbing. Not that the 10 grown men being guarded by police as they beat anyone not on their side isn't just as dangerous as a stabbing. The police consistently have their backs to the Proud Boys in a large portion of footage. Media has minimal mention of a group that is literally repeating nazi bullshit being guarded by police in the nations capital. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Well, using the conservatives own measuring stick, its not like they are contributing much to our country.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...onomic-divide/

If I was performing so poorly at a job, I‘d be fired.

They have a bit of an outsized voice for the actual economic output they are capable of producing, wouldn’t you say?
    meh

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Ahh, West Palm Beach. Really. What a bastion of caring people who have empathy for their neighbors and love and respect for their country.

Wait. Its West Palm Beach. No one will miss it when it sinks under the waves.
    meh

Bill Maher on why the Democrats didn't get a big blue wave .

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Bill Maher on why the Democrats didn't get a big blue wave .

[video=youtube;SgrZAPUvKyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgrZAPUvKyA&t=100s[video]

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    They can't Zyklon-B you if you Gulag them first!

It's not an incoherent point of view, but it's a rather bleak one.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.