hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 722 of 818 FirstFirst ... 222622672712719720721722723724725732772 ... LastLast
Results 14,421 to 14,440 of 16352

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

I know it's nice to pretend only the other side is at fault for belligerent speech, when on the left side of the discourse on this very forum we had remarks such as Republican voters not being valid human beings and remarks how cops deserve to be burned to calls to burn it all down to high ranking Dem politicians saying if Biden lost he should not concede defeat and that Trump will steal the elections etc etc.

Idiots gonna use idiot rhetoric and wait for even bigger idiots to do something violent based on it. I'm sick of this "look what the lefties are doing" and "look what the righties are doing" double standard bullshit with no self reflection or criticism.

I can't wait for the upcoming resource culture wars, when the fascist are fighting antifascists who are fighting racists who are fighting anti racists who are fighting non racists who are fighting neoliberals who are fighting conservatives who are fighting communists who are fighting technoanarchists who are fighting sexists who are fighting transgenderists who are fighting gays who are fighting incels who are fighting antifa who are fighting cops who are fighting rioters who are fighting small business owners who are fighting capitalists who are fighting tankies who are fighting reactionaries who are fighting bootlickers etc etc so I can finally go out and unironically punch anyone who takes a swing at me

My prediction for what Trump is doing: scorched earth policy. Leave an administration as fucked up as possible so that Biden & co. do as horrible of a job as possible in the next 4 years, then run for prez again. He'll write a book or more likely start a podcast about how he couldn't drain the swamp because X/Y/Z prevented him from doing so, gather even more Qanons under his fold, and unless the Dems and Reps somehow magically change and unify and fix USA in the next 4 years, he'll probably win the next election and THEN you need to start worrying about actual civil war. But in 4 years time the world will probably be one hell of a shitshow anyway due to total disintegration of economy and this is the sort of thing that will be happening everywhere.

I know I'm not Barth and yeah I've been slipping up, but is this good enough for you, mewninn?
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; November 11 2020 at 05:40:14 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

A coup doesn't start by setting the Reichstag on fire
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    And how would that help Trump stay in power, exactly?

Once January rolls around nobody would have to obey any of his orders.
    the objective here is to force the organs of state to choose him over Biden while simultaneously installing ardent supporters at every level of said organs that can threaten him to facilitate this. this is significantly easier to justify during large scale civil unrest, but he's already in the process of purging the civilian side of the defence administration to enable this. remember his argument is that he won, we know it's pure bullshit and the people around him knows that (i would hope so) so the only way to make it work is to present a fait accompli wherein a more-or-less unified government presents this as fact and dare the opposition to dispute that, in the aftermath of what is probably a violent repression of protesting making precisely that claim.

it's worth noting that the actual success rate of this sort of gambit if quite low, i don't think it's going to work because he's been a lazy dumbass when it comes to securing political and military support for it. but i that doesn't mean they're not going to give it a try.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    And how would that help Trump stay in power, exactly?

Once January rolls around nobody would have to obey any of his orders.
    the objective here is to force the organs of state to choose him over Biden while simultaneously installing ardent supporters at every level of said organs that can threaten him. this is significantly easier to justify during large scale civil unrest, but he's already in the process of purging the civilian side of the defence administration to enable this. remember his argument is that he won, we know it's pure bullshit and the people around him knows that (i would hope so) so the only way to make it work is to present a fait accompli wherein a more-or-less unified government presents this as fact and dare the opposition to dispute that, in the aftermath of what is probably a violent repression of protesting making precisely that claim.

it's worth noting that the actual success rate of this sort of gambit if quite low, i don't think it's going to work because he's been a lazy dumbass when it comes to securing political and military support for it. but i that doesn't mean they're not going to give it a try.

Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    I know it's nice to pretend only the other side is at fault for belligerent speech, when on the left side of the discourse on this very forum we had remarks such as Republican voters not being valid human beings and remarks how cops deserve to be burned to calls to burn it all down to high ranking Dem politicians saying if Biden lost he should not concede defeat and that Trump will steal the elections etc etc.

Idiots gonna use idiot rhetoric and wait for even bigger idiots to do something violent based on it. I'm sick of this "look what the lefties are doing" and "look what the righties are doing" double standard bullshit with no self reflection or criticism.

I can't wait for the upcoming resource culture wars, when the fascist are fighting antifascists who are fighting racists who are fighting anti racists who are fighting non racists who are fighting neoliberals who are fighting conservatives who are fighting communists who are fighting technoanarchists who are fighting sexists who are fighting transgenderists who are fighting gays who are fighting incels who are fighting antifa who are fighting cops who are fighting rioters who are fighting small business owners who are fighting capitalists who are fighting tankies who are fighting reactionaries who are fighting bootlickers etc etc so I can finally go out and unironically punch anyone who takes a swing at me

My prediction for what Trump is doing: scorched earth policy. Leave an administration as fucked up as possible so that Biden & co. do as horrible of a job as possible in the next 4 years, then run for prez again. He'll write a book or more likely start a podcast about how he couldn't drain the swamp because X/Y/Z prevented him from doing so, gather even more Qanons under his fold, and unless the Dems and Reps somehow magically change and unify and fix USA in the next 4 years, he'll probably win the next election and THEN you need to start worrying about actual civil war. But in 4 years time the world will probably be one hell of a shitshow anyway due to total disintegration of economy and this is the sort of thing that will be happening everywhere.

I know I'm not Barth and yeah I've been slipping up, but is this good enough for you, mewninn?
    Needs more kicking the can down the road and house of cards falling down to be a Barth post.

It meets my standards!

I put more money on this being a tantrum or some kind of posturing to get an immunity deal so he goes quietly. Scorched earth is the reasonable take based on what we know, and the nonexistent loyalty within the security apparatus

I put negative moneys on the military siding with him or maga beginning an insurrection

Not bad not bad, but it somewhat lacks random bold and cursive passages.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Needs more semicolons.

I hear they make you smart.

Semicolons are like colons. Everyone has one and they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    It meets my standards!

I put more money on this being a tantrum or some kind of posturing to get an immunity deal so he goes quietly. Scorched earth is the reasonable take based on what we know, and the nonexistent loyalty within the security apparatus

I put negative moneys on the military siding with him or maga beginning an insurrection
    The biggest problem will be liberals allowing the GOP to pretend to be rehabilitated while they fail to publicly denounce Trump over his antics.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

The far-right Proud Boys gang has long denied that it is a white nationalist organization and has instead claimed that it only exists to defend “Western Civilization.”

However, Newsweek reports that some members of the group are ready to openly embrace being a racist organization and are dropping any pretenses of wanting support of non-white people.

The civil war within the Proud Boys started when Kyle Chapman, the founder of the Proud Boys’ so-called “tactical defense arm,” sent out a message to supporters that he no longer wanted to pretend that he wasn’t a white nationalist.

“Due to the recent failure of Proud Boy Chairman Enrique Tarrio to conduct himself with honor and courage on the battlefield, it has been decided that I Kyle Chapman reassume my post as President of Proud Boys effective immediately,” Chapman wrote. “We will no longer cuck to the left by appointing token negroes as our leaders. We will no longer allow homosexuals or other ‘undesirables’ into our ranks. We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization.”

He also made clear that he believed talk of defending “Western Civilization” was really just a racist dog whistle all along.

“We recognize that the West was built by the White Race alone and we owe nothing to any other race,” he wrote.
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/civ...e-isnt-a-nazi/
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Ah now Trump can support the Proud Boys without any ethical qualms!

THIS IS THE FUTURE LEFTIES WANT

ANARCHO TOTALITARIST HORIZONTALLY ORIENTED DEMOCRATIC DEATH CAMPS
    Last edited by Venec; November 12 2020 at 01:52:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    THIS IS THE FUTURE LEFTIES WANT

ANARCHO TOTALITARIST HORIZONTALLY ORIENTED DEMOCRATIC DEATH CAMPS

Mate... that video was awful and you should feel bad for posting it.

Good on you buddy for keeping up with the latest trash cuck memes!

Hey, he even has one on you:

I think it's well past bed time in Poland...

I assume the resident neo fascist is back after a week of a ban for being a trash person?

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

Mate... that video was awful and you should feel bad for posting it.
    Says a man in his late 30s (sorry I mean a 30 year old boomer) assuming a forum (I hope just forum) identity based on the (predominantly American) internet subcultures of 4chan (full of reddit exodus) boards. You understand the point of anonymous image boards right?

At least when you get to /n/ we can have a conversation about how East Midlands Rail had the best train livery.
    Last edited by Keckers; November 12 2020 at 09:26:01 AM.