hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 721 of 818 FirstFirst ... 221621671711718719720721722723724731771 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,420 of 16351

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

I have to admit that for some reason I expected the Trumpanzees to go with something a bit less blatant than simply stating fuck you we won anyway, but it seems that's what they're rolling with for now.

Other than that, it's working out pretty much as I predicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    That people could be as dumb as dzajic and Erich yet belive in two entirely different realities is one of the more hilarious things of our times.
    Call me delusional, call me paranoid, please don't call me dumb. When it comes to "breaking the norms of government" and "doing the unexpected" Trump administration and GOP have more then delivered over last 4 years. Yes, them deciding to interpret the laws and constitution in such a specific way needed to allow them to secure presidency now would be a new and great escalation. But we have seen escalations all this time. Appointing a SCOTUS judge a week before election is a unprecedented escalation... Current stubborn refusal to concede and openly planing for a 2nd Trump term is also a unprecedented escalation.
    And on and on and on... Whenever people expected Trump admin to follow established protocols, he broke with them...

Still enough time in 2020 for a little added spice.

Trump military coup seemed to dystopian and accelerationist even for 2020, I'll regret leaving that off the bingo card even more than I regret leaving Bamford out of my fantasy team.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Trump military coup seemed to dystopian and accelerationist even for 2020, I'll regret leaving that off the bingo card even more than I regret leaving Bamford out of my fantasy team.
    Jesus fuck dude, you better be hitting that wood up!

The Joint Chiefs all hate him though.

And I say that as someone who's had Bamford in his team since Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

yea, and it doesn't matter overly much for what's probably going to happen.

he's going to continue to refuse to step down, at some point the lulbrals are going to realize that "MUH NORMS! MUH RULES!" isn't going to stop him from continuing to refuse to step down and start protesting. it's probably going to be as ineffectual as usual so i figure at least 1-3 weeks from the start of large scale protests before any sort of kertuffle breaks out, Trump is going to reinforce the police with the stormtroopers from earlier this year and things are going to do a vertical takeoff on the escalation front and he's going to pull the insurrection act lever.

by this point, the joint chiefs have a choice between deposing a sitting president, refusing to get involved (defacto mutiny) or align themselves with Trump.
    Last edited by Liare; November 11 2020 at 03:53:44 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

he's going to continue to refuse to step down, at some point the lulbrals are going to realize that "MUH NORMS! MUH RULES!" isn't going to stop him from continuing to refuse to step down and start protesting. it's probably going to be as ineffectual as usual so i figure at least 1-3 weeks from the start of large scale protests before any sort of kertuffle breaks out, Trump is going to reinforce the police with the stormtroopers from earlier this year and things are going to do a vertical takeoff on the escalation front and he's going to pull the insurrection act lever.

by this point, the joint chiefs have a choice between deposing a sitting president, refusing to get involved (defacto mutiny) or align themselves with Trump.
    Or, they do nothing and let the civilian apparatus take care of the problem.

Its not a mutiny to disobey an unlawful order in the US military structure. It's actually part of their rules.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Its not a mutiny to disobey an unlawful order in the US military structure. It's actually part of their rules.
    Trump would not be issuing a unlawful order, both the LA riots, and the civil rights era riots establish the precedent for using the act in this capacity.

the objective here is to provoke a response that can then be cracked down upon and leveraged for further support. it's very much straight from the usual playbook.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Rapture moved up by 1 month

Trump would not be issuing a unlawful order, both the LA riots, and the civil rights era riots establish the precedent for using the act in this capacity.

the objective here is to provoke a response that can then be cracked down upon and leveraged for further support. it's very much straight from the usual playbook.
    Yes, done pretty ineptly and blatantly. As is usual with these cretins.
    meh

And how would that help Trump stay in power, exactly?

Once January rolls around nobody would have to obey any of his orders.

Liare has been yelling violent takeover since before June, so convincing him otherwise is gonna be a useless feat, now with dz's added fuel of moronic prophecy, they are getting more and more excited for what they had really hoped for.

You are truly headed towards having two nations in one. One conservative and the other liberal. It's almost the low level equivalent of sectarian warfare.
    And leftists call for tribunals and commissions for retribution against Trump supporters just put gas on fire.

If the EC does not deliver a clear winner to Congress, to be declared in a joint session (?) in early January, the House decides. If that does not yield a clear winner, the Speaker of the House becomes interim POTUS. Technically, Pelosis term ends as well, but noone has yet suggested that her election is contested as well.

There is no constitutional path for Trump to avoid getting ousted, unless he actually cajoles the votes in the EC. And if that happens, despite Bidens popular vote lead and legitimate EC vote distribution, then shits really on in burgerstan.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    And leftists call for tribunals and commissions for retribution against Trump supporters just put gas on fire.
    It seems like a mistake to engage with you, but i want to point out that only a tiny minority calls for "tribunals" to put fat pigs against the wall. What does need to happen, is that the rule of law is strengthened by investigating the myraid of state financial crimes that went on the backburner for too long.

The FBI also needs to take white domestic terrorism seriously, but that should speak for itself.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 11 2020 at 05:23:14 PM.

As long nobody does anything stupid in the streets, the "powers that be" will have no justification for a reaction. Stay smart and win, play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

I guess you haven't been following the past 4 years, but Trump doesn't actually have the military nor intelligence establishment nor big money nor even the fucking Republican party under his thumb, let alone the whole other side of political power establishment under the Dems. I know it's popular to depict him as a fascist dictator responsible for everything bad in USA that will try a coup but lol come the fuck on, he's almost nothing to the big machinery, a 4 year glitch in the matrix that was allowed to or managed to sneak in a few of his things and nothing else.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Yeah, play nice lefties, if anything happens its on you! teeheee

P O W E R F U L BOTH SIDES scenes here

Trump's going to cry like a baby and shit the bed, but ultimately Joe's going to move in.

There is no realistic chance of Trump being able to stay on. He will of course encourage violence and division extra hard for a few months, then back to the normal level for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    If the EC does not deliver a clear winner to Congress, to be declared in a joint session (?) in early January, the House decides. If that does not yield a clear winner, the Speaker of the House becomes interim POTUS. Technically, Pelosis term ends as well, but noone has yet suggested that her election is contested as well.
    Congress vote is by state delegations, not by state delegates. So 50 delegations. And Republicans hold majority of states. So if enough states elections are nullified to push Biden below 270, Congress votes Trump as president. Senate picks VP, so again a Republican majority.