hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 718 of 826 FirstFirst ... 218618668708715716717718719720721728768818 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,360 of 16509

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Don't know, Trump's press secretary's press conference is about to start.

I forgot to give % chance guesstimates, but I think 1st option is 90% and Mitch and other GOP bigheads thinking Dems will cry chicken at one of steps step first and that there is less than 1% chance of actual civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    And it looks like more republicans are tightening ranks and siding with Donald about "fraud" thing, then there are calling him to concede. I fear again that our celebration of Biden's victory, followed by usual liberal blame games and circular firing squads whether they win or lose were all premature.

Democrat voters have, by choosing to vote by mail out of fear of COVID and militia violence, lost the election. For every 10 invalidated mail votes, Trump loses only 2 or 3. You need to invalidate only couple dozen thousand votes in several states to turn the election in Trump's favor.

Mitch McConnell has several paths and none are good for the Democrats:
    - Demand Biden to nominate a "in practice Republican" cabinet and intentionally have Dems lose two runoffs in Georgia, and in return GOP magnanimously forces Trump to stop escalating the legal fight -> Republicans win
    - Else GOP stands by Trump's legal campaign, it eventually gets to SCOTUS and there is a blanked declaration turning tens and tens of thousands of mail votes invalid, giving Trump the victory -> Republicans win
    - If Democrats accept this, then the party will self destructs over such humiliation and capitulation -> Republicans win
    - If Democrats protest they can finally use COVID as an excuse to declare martial law and put armed police and loyal national guard to the streets and get all Antifa terrorists sent to Gitmo -> Republicans win
    - If Democrats somehow organize and really fight, well you can always hope on GOP voter base being more armed and more agresive and US armed forces staying out of it -> Republicans win

I think this is a bit premature and just a tad tin-foil-hatty.

Par for the FHC course, of course. But still.

Let's worry about any of these things when they actually happen. Today, the Dems won. There is no question of that outside a few (baseless, it seems) lawsuits. And no real pathway to a Trump victory even after the lawsuits.

We don't really need Republicans to "get onboard". The mechanics of the system can, by and large, manage itself and will manage itself. At most they can throw up a few annoyances, they cannot change the outcome.

I'll be willing to reconsider this view if any of the lawsuits actually goes anywhere or has any real basis in the facts. Till then, no reason for paranoia and depression in my book.

And definitely no reason to blame Democrat voters for voting by mail during COVID ffs. That line is borderline Trumpism itself.

Forgot to add, such a sudden replacement of Secretary of Defense should be interpreted as sign of Trump and GOP preparing for civil war.
    Nope. He's been planning on firing him for weeks before the election.

One of the benefits of a Sleepy Joe presidency is that maybe people will tone down their paranoia for a bit

The idea of a coup/civil war was always tin foil, but it's even dumber now that Joe Biden's house has become a protected airspace. The military and defense establishment have recognized Biden as the next president.

Maybe comedians will dial it back from the constant political drum beating and we'll see some new Jim Carey's or Eddie Murphy's something emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Maybe comedians will dial it back from the constant political drum beating and we'll see some new Jim Carey's or Eddie Murphy's something emerge.

yeah I really hope comedians become funny again and TV shows become less annoying. I've been enjoying foreign lang shows more than the Americlap stuff because of it

Trump being elected completely ruined comedy podcasts for me. I didn't need to spend 15-20 minutes out of every hour hearing people moan about hypothetical stuff he hadn't even done or said he'd do yet.

Ha ha, my was right.

chill out dz
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Just going to quote myself.
    Not specifically agreeing with dzajic but what he is saying, maybe unintentionally, between the lines is: Dont celebrate yet, keep pushing and be very, very, very vigilant on what might come and plan for it! This shit isnt over until the fat lady sings and even when she has expect an encore!
    Because again, if you after 4 years dont think the taliban would do absolutely anything to keep this train going I dont know wtf you are on tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Not specifically agreeing with dzajic but what he is saying, maybe unintentionally, between the lines is: Dont celebrate yet, keep pushing and be very, very, very vigilant on what might come and plan for it! This shit isnt over until the fat lady sings and even when she has expect an encore!
    Because again, if you after 4 years dont think the taliban would do absolutely anything to keep this train going I dont know wtf you are on tbh.
    Except "we" don't do anything. The system, the Dems, the States and the Courts will handle it from here.

There is nothing for us to "push". And our "vigilance" is irrelevant. Fuck sake, sounds like the same foolishness the righties on FOX comment section are saying.

Let. The. System. Work.

Worry when there is cause to worry, not before.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    One of the benefits of a Sleepy Joe presidency is that maybe people will tone down their paranoia for a bit

The idea of a coup/civil war was always tin foil, but it's even dumber now that Joe Biden's house has become a protected airspace. The military and defense establishment have recognized Biden as the next president.
    too early to just dismiss it as tinfoil mate.
    after some back-and-forth McConnell has gone onboard the "ITS A FRAUD!" train and the proverbial stew is cookin'.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

And it looks like more republicans are tightening ranks and siding with Donald about "fraud" thing, then there are calling him to concede. I fear again that our celebration of Biden's victory, followed by usual liberal blame games and circular firing squads whether they win or lose were all premature.

Democrat voters have, by choosing to vote by mail out of fear of COVID and militia violence, lost the election. For every 10 invalidated mail votes, Trump loses only 2 or 3. You need to invalidate only couple dozen thousand votes in several states to turn the election in Trump's favor.

Mitch McConnell has several paths and none are good for the Democrats:
    - Demand Biden to nominate a "in practice Republican" cabinet and intentionally have Dems lose two runoffs in Georgia, and in return GOP magnanimously forces Trump to stop escalating the legal fight -> Republicans win
    - Else GOP stands by Trump's legal campaign, it eventually gets to SCOTUS and there is a blanked declaration turning tens and tens of thousands of mail votes invalid, giving Trump the victory -> Republicans win
    - If Democrats accept this, then the party will self destructs over such humiliation and capitulation -> Republicans win
    - If Democrats protest they can finally use COVID as an excuse to declare martial law and put armed police and loyal national guard to the streets and get all Antifa terrorists sent to Gitmo -> Republicans win
    - If Democrats somehow organize and really fight, well you can always hope on GOP voter base being more armed and more agresive and US armed forces staying out of it -> Republicans win

I think you need less retard juice m8, the shit you've been posting shows a lack of anything based in reality and you consistently post QAnon level bullshit here under a pretense of concern. Get out of your alr right friend group and try looking at what the actual concerns are.

I mean you and the same people screeching that Biden lost the night of the election, not paying attention to the things that had been said for months about how the Republicans set that scenario up, and delayed it on purpose in key states, how it was going to take time regardless, youbare the same idiots now freaking out over what is at worst cowardly political maneuvering to not alienate the Trump base. It's like you've never once read a single thing anyone has explained in detail over and over here, often from multiple political angles. The sheer idiocy is enough to make me think that you'd be granted citizenship here right away. Go sit down and breathe for a little.
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; November 9 2020 at 11:57:34 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Except "we" don't do anything. The system, the Dems, the States and the Courts will handle it from here.

There is nothing for us to "push". And our "vigilance" is irrelevant. Fuck sake, sounds like the same foolishness the righties on FOX comment section are saying.

Let. The. System. Work.

lolwut, you have a US political party that is actually, literally subverting the constitution and democracy in the USA, that has the senate and nearly 50% of the votes behind them and you say there's no cause to worry?

I'd be fucking worried. Either you are being commendably stoic or just blind. The system and courts is being undermined. If that fails now you don't have a country anymore. This is the first time in 155 years the second amendment is actually relevant again. I know it sounds insane (because it is), but just in case I hope every patriot including yourself have tooled up in order to defend your community in the offchance everything goes to hell.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Fox News: "da fuq"

Last edited by Nordstern; November 10 2020 at 02:51:01 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Let. The. System. Work.

lolwut, you have a US political party that is actually, literally subverting the constitution and democracy in the USA, that has the senate and nearly 50% of the votes behind them and you say there's no cause to worry?

I'd be fucking worried. Either you are being commendably stoic or just blind. The system and courts is being undermined. If that fails now you don't have a country anymore. This is the first time in 155 years the second amendment is actually relevant again. I know it sounds insane (because it is), but just in case I hope every patriot including yourself have tooled up in order to defend your community in the offchance everything goes to hell.
    I'm amazed people still manage to believe "the system" works. Look at where we are ffs.

I don't have the faith Alistair does in the system, but the pressures on the system and the acceptance by the hands that move government of Biden's win is pretty much an assurance, mixed with the fact that though people will be protesting either way, trying to steal the election now would result in massive protests, and I would be fine burning down any buiolding belonging to anyone that assists in stealing that election. Anyone is welcome to "both sides" like a moron, but it's already insane that 5 million votes more is not considered enough to be a wide margin, but I am pretty sure the richest people in this country know full well a full scale protest for weeks would not be beneficial. The Republicans don't want to alienate the Trump base, some might even believe there is hope of a didferent result, but most are just playing a political game. The fear mongering is a bit tiresome, the legal processes could at most overturn a few hundred to a thousand votes, and almost all of those have failed, and failed hard.

Panic all you want, if you live here though, plan and organize, because the panic is useless, and the fringe shit like dz is posting is just distraction and useless right wing shit.

Last edited by RazoR; November 10 2020 at 05:37:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    The Republicans don't want to alienate the Trump base
    This is the unfortunate thing. They know that they need people who support Trump more than they support the party if they're going to have a hope of winning going forward, and with the Georgia run-off elections coming up, that's an immediate problem for them, not something off in the future. Maybe, in the long run, once it's clear that Trump lost, then by 2022 his supporters will have forgiven the republicans that refuse to support his claims of fraud.

But right now? They have to indulge the insanity, or they'll lose the senate.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Watching conservatives play the victim card never gets old.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Oppression olympics in full swing!
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.