hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 423 of 508 FirstFirst ... 323373413420421422423424425426433473 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 10156

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    easy, the "lying media!" narrative plays straight to his base's prejudices, the democrats seem more interesting in figuring out how to turn the stimulus into a means-tested shitshow than actually passing anything and there has been no indication that the right-wing media machine is going to break rank on any of this shit in the first place.

we're in a post-factual world, it what happens is less important than the narrative that can be produced surrounding the events, surely the last couple of years have taught you that ?
    Lying and spinning work fine now, but if hundreds of thousands of Americans start dying in the next few months, surely that is a reality that can prick through any bubble? Once everyone knows of someone who has died, they must question Trump's lies.

Shurely???
    no, you're forgetting we're in a post factual world, it doesn't matter what actually happens it matters what narrative can be constructed around the events, no matter how flimsy it might be.
    I see 5 lights
    some Alex Jones powered conspiracy theory about Communist China consorting with aliens and a picture of five lights in the sky as evidence down the line doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility for this timeline.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

The Trump supporters are just going to blame Democrats/China and see them as a plot to oust Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    This virus is probably going to tear through red states and probably personally impact every single one of his voters in a very visceral way. We'll see just how much of a cult it really is by the time America goes to the ballot box.
    Keckers,you dear sweet summer child, never change.
    Also, the worst impact will be in heavily populated cities. Rural voters will be more insulated from the crisis, and that is where much of the Republican's support is, with their oversized role in the Electoral College.
    It will go faster in cities, due to density. But rural areas lack the ability to treat people (and the city hospitals their seriously ill people are usually sent to will be full). Rural areas/states are also not taking this seriously, continuing at a higher level of activity, etc.

So I’d expect that the impact is greater in rural areas by the time this is “over,” though it will hit cities harder at the outset.
    Was about to post the same thing, I've already been exposed and learned after the fact three times in Philadelphia. if I was living in rural Western Mass, I'm pretty sure I'd of seen maybe the same 40 people over and over and they weren't traveling much in the past two weeks.

Who cares about pork spending were trying to sneak into this bill, stop politicizing medical care!

Just let Trump kill off his cult. It's actually the best possible outcome for the planet, tbh. These are the same cunts trying to stop us fixing climate change.

If they all believe him and ignore the dem hoax, they'll get this country back on track in no time!
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Just let Trump kill off his cult. It's actually the best possible outcome for the planet, tbh. These are the same cunts trying to stop us fixing climate change.

If they all believe him and ignore the dem hoax, they'll get this country back on track in no time!
    The trouble is they infect others
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Well, smart people should know to isolate themselves.
    meh

Smart people are still going to get strokes, coronaries, end up in accidents and the hospitals won't be able to keep up enough to save them.

So your suggestion is to abandon the country to the Trumpers until they die off naturally, then emerge, blinking in the sunshine of a bright new dawn?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

So your suggestion is to abandon the country to the Trumpers until they die off naturally, then emerge, blinking in the sunshine of a bright new dawn?
    And then throw the cult members that are left on the pyre.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

Smart people are still going to get strokes, coronaries, end up in accidents and the hospitals won't be able to keep up enough to save them.
    They aren't going to be able to anyway, because Trump and his cult of cunts have assuredly murdered millions of Americans now, and the death toll from Trump's idiocy and the useless Republican sycophant cunts who surround him will continue to rise.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    a) Her constituents are dying, in part down to poor national policy. If sh wasn't mad, she wouldn't be doing her job.
    b) Can't you see that calling a woman 'a little girl' says more about you than her?

a) Her constituents are dying, in part down to poor national policy. If sh wasn't mad, she wouldn't be doing her job.
    b) Can't you see that calling a woman 'a little girl' says more about you than her?
    Totally agree but her rhetoric is fucking crap.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Erichnaar you are horribad. I just want you to know this.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Yeah, but I've never purposely put my country at risk to "own the libs"
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Yeah, but I've never purposely put my country at risk to "own the libs"
    Abandoning to to the Trumpanzees isn't putting it at risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Everyone else's rhetoric is doing wonders for the USA oh no wait America is fucked.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Everyone else's rhetoric is doing wonders for the USA oh no wait America is fucked.

Clever noir!

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

Clever noir!
    I mean, she’s correct in what she’s saying.