hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 976 of 985 FirstFirst ... 476876926966973974975976977978979 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,520 of 19692

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #19501
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,190
    reddit is the gayest shit ever, absolutely unreadable even when it's bursting with good info

    when some weeb imageboard engine handles threads better you know something's up

  2. #19502
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Forums are a niche dare I say dying medium. Everyone is on the tiktoks and facegram. On topic:
    Reddit
    TBH, the way Reddit handles threads is some of the worst implementation of it I came across in my lifetime. I get it: you need new threads to boost your numbers, but reading the very same question literally every week, just because threads with new answers don't bubble up to the top again, is really a way to bury knowledge deep down "the internet".
    I pretty much just go to Reddit and use the sub’s FAQ when I’m starting to learn something new. Then I often use Google searches restricted to the site (or stackexchange, etc) because googling non academic info has been broken for about 5 years now.

    But yeah, I never bother to actively engage in any sub there. Good point, maybe that’s one reason why.
    Last edited by August; December 23 2021 at 01:44:30 PM.

  3. #19503
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,342
    IF you are seriously looking for information googling [topic]+reddit is the only way. And that works pretty good imho. Reddit is (now?) built on headlines and clicks. Generally speaking. Hence its not for discussion, its for "aww, look at that cute cat" --> "FUCK THE LEFT/RIGHT!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  4. #19504
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,289
    It's for fucking loads of a disinformation about pretty basic health and fitness stuff as well.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  5. #19505
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    IF you are seriously looking for information googling [topic]+reddit is the only way. And that works pretty good imho. Reddit is (now?) built on headlines and clicks. Generally speaking. Hence its not for discussion, its for "aww, look at that cute cat" --> "FUCK THE LEFT/RIGHT!"
    100% this. Being against reddit is like being against wikipedia - just edgy posturing. It's the only decent source of specialist hobby info. Like anything on the internet, you take it with a pinch of salt but its far better than any other alternative.
    Last edited by Lallante; December 24 2021 at 11:52:50 AM.

  6. #19506
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's for fucking loads of a disinformation about pretty basic health and fitness stuff as well.
    What do you mean by fitness? I actually reference /r/fitness a lot to guide my weightlifting schedule .

  7. #19507
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's for fucking loads of a disinformation about pretty basic health and fitness stuff as well.
    Here are some subs I think you would enjoy:

    www.reddit.com/r/LateStageCapitalism/

    www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/

    www.reddit.com/r/collapse/

    www.reddit.com/r/lostgeneration/

    www.reddit.com/r/radicalmentalhealth/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FirstAgainstTheWall/

  8. #19508
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,205
    I used to read LSC fairly regularly, until I realized the mods were nuking anything that criticized Putin and Russia. They also said the subreddit was focused on the failures of capitalism in the West, rather than in general.

    Haven't been back since.
    Last edited by Nordstern; December 24 2021 at 03:27:13 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

  9. #19509

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    3,348
    Tankie mods are a scourge on reddit.

  10. #19510
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Tankie mods are a scourge on reddit.
    Reddit a well known tankie bastion

  11. #19511

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    2,123
    Love antiwork, its great.

  12. #19512
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Forums are a niche dare I say dying medium. Everyone is on the tiktoks and facegram. On topic:
    Reddit
    TBH, the way Reddit handles threads is some of the worst implementation of it I came across in my lifetime. I get it: you need new threads to boost your numbers, but reading the very same question literally every week, just because threads with new answers don't bubble up to the top again, is really a way to bury knowledge deep down "the internet".
    Reddit posting is closer to tweeting than forum posting, but the format is easy and gives the dopamine drip.

    Reddit has sucked the life out of forums and also out of the content.

    Non-upvoted, chronological posting is high(er) quality but not very social media



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  13. #19513
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    17,222
    Well, it's social, we're just pickier who we socialize with
    meh

  14. #19514
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    reddit is the gayest shit ever, absolutely unreadable even when it's bursting with good info

    when some weeb imageboard engine handles threads better you know something's up
    Discord is pretty good when you aren't afraid of the nonce patrol.

  15. #19515
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    reddit is the gayest shit ever, absolutely unreadable even when it's bursting with good info

    when some weeb imageboard engine handles threads better you know something's up
    Discord is pretty good when you aren't afraid of the nonce patrol.


    e: gif link fail
    Last edited by helgur; December 26 2021 at 05:23:02 PM.

  16. #19516
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,190
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    reddit is the gayest shit ever, absolutely unreadable even when it's bursting with good info

    when some weeb imageboard engine handles threads better you know something's up
    Discord is pretty good when you aren't afraid of the nonce patrol.

  17. #19517
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I used to read LSC fairly regularly, until I realized the mods were nuking anything that criticized Putin and Russia. They also said the subreddit was focused on the failures of capitalism in the West, rather than in general.

    Haven't been back since.
    Same applies for literally any anticapitalist community ever.

  18. #19518
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Forums are a niche dare I say dying medium. Everyone is on the tiktoks and facegram. On topic:
    Reddit
    TBH, the way Reddit handles threads is some of the worst implementation of it I came across in my lifetime. I get it: you need new threads to boost your numbers, but reading the very same question literally every week, just because threads with new answers don't bubble up to the top again, is really a way to bury knowledge deep down "the internet".
    Reddit posting is closer to tweeting than forum posting, but the format is easy and gives the dopamine drip.

    Reddit has sucked the life out of forums and also out of the content.

    Non-upvoted, chronological posting is high(er) quality but not very social media
    Reddit isnt very social media either, as 99% of posts are essentially pseudo-anonymous and outside of literally a small handful of novelty accounts there is no profile building or networking. Even a traditional forum is more social media, given the profile building elements. It's all about that rep, baby

  19. #19519
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,289
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's for fucking loads of a disinformation about pretty basic health and fitness stuff as well.
    What do you mean by fitness? I actually reference /r/fitness a lot to guide my weightlifting schedule .
    The fitness subreddit works because they broke everything that Reddit wanted subs to be in order to make it a functioning repository of information. It's basically a link to a wiki with a daily q&a thread, which is fine. But the most of the high traffic fitness subs which popped up for fitness 'discussion' outside of it are pretty rubbish.

    It's probably one of the most complained about subreddits as well because of its moderation policies
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  20. #19520
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's for fucking loads of a disinformation about pretty basic health and fitness stuff as well.
    What do you mean by fitness? I actually reference /r/fitness a lot to guide my weightlifting schedule .
    The fitness subreddit works because they broke everything that Reddit wanted subs to be in order to make it a functioning repository of information. It's basically a link to a wiki with a daily q&a thread, which is fine. But the most of the high traffic fitness subs which popped up for fitness 'discussion' outside of it are pretty rubbish.

    It's probably one of the most complained about subreddits as well because of its moderation policies
    redditors have to be kept in check otherwise they will post all the lowest common denominator memes and bandwagony content to get their upvotes

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •