hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 429 of 513 FirstFirst ... 329379419426427428429430431432439479 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 10244

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #8561
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The actual answer is that the Democratic party don't have enough political capital to create a bailout bill which does more than throw some crumbs under the table to the labouring classes. This is mostly because the Democrats are addicted to being losers but dress it up as 'compromise'.
    It's also that they don't hold the senate or the presidency, so their ability is limited.
    stop kidding youself, last time they held the presidency, the senate and the house under Obama they where too busy sucking up to the republicans to pass anything meaningful.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  2. #8562
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,273
    I wonder if a million Americans (I mean real, white Americans, not the fake kind) dying of coronavirus will be enough to make the realisation penetrate?

    I mean it's cool if not because another pandemic like this one will be along soon enough, and we can see if two million will be enough. Or four; four is easily doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  3. #8563
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The actual answer is that the Democratic party don't have enough political capital to create a bailout bill which does more than throw some crumbs under the table to the labouring classes. This is mostly because the Democrats are addicted to being losers but dress it up as 'compromise'.
    It's also that they don't hold the senate or the presidency, so their ability is limited.
    stop kidding youself, last time they held the presidency, the senate and the house under Obama they where too busy sucking up to the republicans to pass anything meaningful.
    They barely held the senate, and they still got some kind of reform passed. It was inadequate and still a gift to the medical industry, but whatsisname, Leiberman? defected and it was the best that they could get. And it got millions of americans health insurance who didn't have it before.

    I know you don't care about actual people but that was a difference where both sides weren't the same: one side got more people access to health care. The other side immediately put all its energy into rolling back that access as soon as they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  4. #8564
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,110
    BoTh SiDeS aRe ThE sAmE tHo?

  5. #8565
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Yeah, Massie is a piece of shit

    It's just, why did the stimulus bill pass unanimously in the senate when it's so transparently solidifying corporate power for another generation? (Oh, and expanding the surveillance state!)

    Where was Sanders? Bending the knee i guess.

    And what about Warren? I thought she was supposed to be some kind of avenging angel against banks and stuff after 2008? Guess not!

    Oh and AOC? She's been bought out and now won't support anyone who tries to primary incumbents like she did.

    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    At this point I think its anti american to not put the needs of the market above the needs of people
    Sure looks that way. Murica donezo.
    Sanders, the only guy who managed to get anything through for regular people in that shitshow of a bill?

    And you choose him to shit on here of all people?

    Can you be any more of an absolute Facebook tier drooling Muppet when it comes to politics?
    Oh ok so because Sanders got them to throw a bone to workers it's ok that the US got sold up the river.

    Where was the filibuster from Sanders and Warren to stop this bill that is literally plundering the US economy, entrenches mass surveillance, and cements corporate power even more?

    Complete and utter lack of leadership from anyone in the DNC. IT WAS A UNANIMOUS VOTE.

    And they're getting ready to do another one now. "Phase 4 Coronavirus Infrastructure Spending To Start At $2 Trillion" Can't wait to see how much embezzlement this one has!
    No, you're right. There should have been a meaningless gesture while the republicans kill off the poor.
    meh

  6. #8566
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    The parties arnt really all that different
    Sure. One tried to give everyone heathcare while making their friends more money. The other one want to give gays electro shock therapy.

    Completely the same.

    Both sides are exactly the same.
    Democrats believe in giving everyone the "choice" of healthcare at an Affordable™ price point, but only as long as you fill out the correct forms and wait for the enrollment period to buy your new plan.

    This approach was already terrible at the best of times, but now it's falling apart with million plus weekly unemployment claims in the middle of a pandemic.
    Yes, but you can't argue "lolhealthcare, no, fuck you" is anywhere near the same.
    The differences are more aesthetic at this point. Democrats simply use more rhetoric and process to hide their contempt for the masses who want healthcare. Cuomo of NY state is actually trying to ram through Medicaid cuts right fucking now

    The Republicans want to make a cruel system 10% more cruel by fucking with the insurance markets or Medicaid eligibility, while liberals *maybe* want to make it 5% less cruel by reforming the markets and expanding the Medicaid rolls. But even that is no guarantee, because they will cede ground to Republicans all the time, so the progress you end up with is a big fat zero.
    You say that, but the actual stats on people who became covered by health insurance would disagree. Also, as someone who’d significant other had a nice pre-existing before Obamacare, let’s just say you didn’t only have to have a job before, you had to have a job with a stronk enough group policy for that not to be a thing, meaning, a big corporate, so, no, my perspective is different.

    There is simply zero way I wouldn’t have been a wage slave the rest of my life for that reason under the old system.
    Yeah man I just don't fucking care about nuance or any "on the other hand, in this situation..." when it comes to healthcare.
    Yeah, neither do I. If you think Obamacare was worse than what was before, you are a moron.
    meh

  7. #8567
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    The parties arnt really all that different
    Sure. One tried to give everyone heathcare while making their friends more money. The other one want to give gays electro shock therapy.

    Completely the same.

    Both sides are exactly the same.
    Democrats believe in giving everyone the "choice" of healthcare at an Affordable™ price point, but only as long as you fill out the correct forms and wait for the enrollment period to buy your new plan.

    This approach was already terrible at the best of times, but now it's falling apart with million plus weekly unemployment claims in the middle of a pandemic.
    Yes, but you can't argue "lolhealthcare, no, fuck you" is anywhere near the same.
    The differences are more aesthetic at this point. Democrats simply use more rhetoric and process to hide their contempt for the masses who want healthcare. Cuomo of NY state is actually trying to ram through Medicaid cuts right fucking now

    The Republicans want to make a cruel system 10% more cruel by fucking with the insurance markets or Medicaid eligibility, while liberals *maybe* want to make it 5% less cruel by reforming the markets and expanding the Medicaid rolls. But even that is no guarantee, because they will cede ground to Republicans all the time, so the progress you end up with is a big fat zero.
    You say that, but the actual stats on people who became covered by health insurance would disagree. Also, as someone who’d significant other had a nice pre-existing before Obamacare, let’s just say you didn’t only have to have a job before, you had to have a job with a stronk enough group policy for that not to be a thing, meaning, a big corporate, so, no, my perspective is different.

    There is simply zero way I wouldn’t have been a wage slave the rest of my life for that reason under the old system.
    Yeah man I just don't fucking care about nuance or any "on the other hand, in this situation..." when it comes to healthcare.
    Yeah, neither do I. If you think Obamacare was worse than what was before, you are a moron.
    Like I said in an earlier post, it's the type of reform that makes a cruel system 5% less cruel. But I'm not going to fucking clap like a seal because you're a weirdo who likes his insurance plan or whatever.

    The Republicans also easily rolled back many of the provisions because the law wasn't very popular and the benefits were incomprehensible to normies.

    Notice how they can't do the same as easily with SS/Medicare? Wonder why.

  8. #8568
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,521
    me reading this thread


  9. #8569

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The actual answer is that the Democratic party don't have enough political capital to create a bailout bill which does more than throw some crumbs under the table to the labouring classes. This is mostly because the Democrats are addicted to being losers but dress it up as 'compromise'.
    It's also that they don't hold the senate or the presidency, so their ability is limited.
    stop kidding youself, last time they held the presidency, the senate and the house under Obama they where too busy sucking up to the republicans to pass anything meaningful.
    They barely held the senate, and they still got some kind of reform passed. It was inadequate and still a gift to the medical industry, but whatsisname, Leiberman? defected and it was the best that they could get. And it got millions of americans health insurance who didn't have it before.

    I know you don't care about actual people but that was a difference where both sides weren't the same: one side got more people access to health care. The other side immediately put all its energy into rolling back that access as soon as they could.
    The Democrats held the Senate 60-40, so they barely held a super-majority for a while until they pissed it away.

    Most of the increase in insured came from expanded medicaid, Obamacare increased actual insurance prices so you got fucked if you earned more than about $22k.

    The thing about medicaid is that the state (here in California) still holds you liable for the medical bills until you're down to $2000 in total wealth (excluding only primary residence and one vehicle, not excluding possessions). Get sick or injured on medicaid and prepare your anus for being poverty trapped.

  10. #8570
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,274
    10 million unemployed in the last two weeks...
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  11. #8571
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    The parties arnt really all that different
    Sure. One tried to give everyone heathcare while making their friends more money. The other one want to give gays electro shock therapy.

    Completely the same.

    Both sides are exactly the same.
    Democrats believe in giving everyone the "choice" of healthcare at an Affordable™ price point, but only as long as you fill out the correct forms and wait for the enrollment period to buy your new plan.

    This approach was already terrible at the best of times, but now it's falling apart with million plus weekly unemployment claims in the middle of a pandemic.
    Yes, but you can't argue "lolhealthcare, no, fuck you" is anywhere near the same.
    The differences are more aesthetic at this point. Democrats simply use more rhetoric and process to hide their contempt for the masses who want healthcare. Cuomo of NY state is actually trying to ram through Medicaid cuts right fucking now

    The Republicans want to make a cruel system 10% more cruel by fucking with the insurance markets or Medicaid eligibility, while liberals *maybe* want to make it 5% less cruel by reforming the markets and expanding the Medicaid rolls. But even that is no guarantee, because they will cede ground to Republicans all the time, so the progress you end up with is a big fat zero.
    You say that, but the actual stats on people who became covered by health insurance would disagree. Also, as someone who’d significant other had a nice pre-existing before Obamacare, let’s just say you didn’t only have to have a job before, you had to have a job with a stronk enough group policy for that not to be a thing, meaning, a big corporate, so, no, my perspective is different.

    There is simply zero way I wouldn’t have been a wage slave the rest of my life for that reason under the old system.
    Yeah man I just don't fucking care about nuance or any "on the other hand, in this situation..." when it comes to healthcare.
    Yeah, neither do I. If you think Obamacare was worse than what was before, you are a moron.
    Like I said in an earlier post, it's the type of reform that makes a cruel system 5% less cruel. But I'm not going to fucking clap like a seal because you're a weirdo who likes his insurance plan or whatever.

    The Republicans also easily rolled back many of the provisions because the law wasn't very popular and the benefits were incomprehensible to normies.

    Notice how they can't do the same as easily with SS/Medicare? Wonder why.
    They haven't brainwashed enough of the population yet?
    meh

  12. #8572

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,413
    Has this been posted yet? https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ip-los-angeles

    Retard tries to derail a train into the navy hospital ship in LA, because FEMA death camps or some shit, idk.

  13. #8573
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    10 million newly unemployed in the last two weeks...
    fyp
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  14. #8574
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,245
    gg no re usa
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  15. #8575
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,521
    market still green, lel. everything fine, says 90% of institutional investors.

  16. #8576
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    meh

  17. #8577
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Has this been posted yet? https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ip-los-angeles

    Retard tries to derail a train into the navy hospital ship in LA, because FEMA death camps or some shit, idk.
    Well, FEMA did place an order for 100k bodybags. Still a nutter, though.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  18. #8578
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,521
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    https://brrr.money/

  19. #8579
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    market still green, lel. everything fine, says 90% of institutional investors.
    It took a couple of years for the market to reach the bottom after the Wall Street crash
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  20. #8580
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Has this been posted yet? https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ip-los-angeles

    Retard tries to derail a train into the navy hospital ship in LA, because FEMA death camps or some shit, idk.
    Well, FEMA did place an order for 100k bodybags. Still a nutter, though.
    During a pandemic, you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •