hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 427 of 513 FirstFirst ... 327377417424425426427428429430437477 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 10244

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #8521
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,414
    Soviets got roasted way too hard for Chernobyl when the Amerifat & market-fondler approach is to just passively watch it meltdown

  2. #8522
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,121
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Soviets got roasted way too hard for Chernobyl when the Amerifat & market-fondler approach is to just passively watch it meltdown
    The Big Short is indeed a bigger drama than Chernobyl (HBO), comrade.
    Last edited by RazoR; March 31 2020 at 10:23:07 PM.

  3. #8523
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Stopped clocks, etc. Hes still an anti American Tea Party cunt.
    It took a guy like that to say something. Even Sanders bent the knee to Pelosi and Schumer. A one time check of 1200 dollars (maybe) to sell out everyone's future.
    Sure, better to give them nothing to make the point.
    meh

  4. #8524
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,956
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Stopped clocks, etc. He’s still an anti American Tea Party cunt.
    It took a guy like that to say something. Even Sanders bent the knee to Pelosi and Schumer. A one time check of 1200 dollars (maybe) to sell out everyone's future.
    Sure, better to give them nothing to make the point.
    Pulled, essentially at random, from the “political positions” subhead of his wiki:

    Massie supports dismantling the Environmental Protection Agency.[77] He voted to block the Department of Defense from spending on climate adaptation.[78] He voted to repeal the Stream Protection Rule, which imposed stricter requirements on coal mining to prevent coal debris from getting into waterways.[79]

    In 2018, after French President Emmanuel Macron held a speech to Congress where he mentioned his desire that the United States re-join the Paris Climate Accords to curb climate change, Massie said Macron was "a socialist militarist globalist science-alarmist. The dark future of the American Democratic Party".[80]

  5. #8525
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Stopped clocks, etc. He’s still an anti American Tea Party cunt.
    It took a guy like that to say something. Even Sanders bent the knee to Pelosi and Schumer. A one time check of 1200 dollars (maybe) to sell out everyone's future.
    Sure, better to give them nothing to make the point.
    Pulled, essentially at random, from the “political positions” subhead of his wiki:

    Massie supports dismantling the Environmental Protection Agency.[77] He voted to block the Department of Defense from spending on climate adaptation.[78] He voted to repeal the Stream Protection Rule, which imposed stricter requirements on coal mining to prevent coal debris from getting into waterways.[79]

    In 2018, after French President Emmanuel Macron held a speech to Congress where he mentioned his desire that the United States re-join the Paris Climate Accords to curb climate change, Massie said Macron was "a socialist militarist globalist science-alarmist. The dark future of the American Democratic Party".[80]
    Goddamn libruls, interfering with my god given right to throw my trash in the river...
    meh

  6. #8526
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,956
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Stopped clocks, etc. He’s still an anti American Tea Party cunt.
    It took a guy like that to say something. Even Sanders bent the knee to Pelosi and Schumer. A one time check of 1200 dollars (maybe) to sell out everyone's future.
    Sure, better to give them nothing to make the point.
    Pulled, essentially at random, from the “political positions” subhead of his wiki:

    Massie supports dismantling the Environmental Protection Agency.[77] He voted to block the Department of Defense from spending on climate adaptation.[78] He voted to repeal the Stream Protection Rule, which imposed stricter requirements on coal mining to prevent coal debris from getting into waterways.[79]

    In 2018, after French President Emmanuel Macron held a speech to Congress where he mentioned his desire that the United States re-join the Paris Climate Accords to curb climate change, Massie said Macron was "a socialist militarist globalist science-alarmist. The dark future of the American Democratic Party".[80]
    Goddamn libruls, interfering with my god given right to throw my trash in the river...
    Yes but he is a liberal.


  7. #8527
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Stopped clocks, etc. He’s still an anti American Tea Party cunt.
    It took a guy like that to say something. Even Sanders bent the knee to Pelosi and Schumer. A one time check of 1200 dollars (maybe) to sell out everyone's future.
    Sure, better to give them nothing to make the point.
    Pulled, essentially at random, from the “political positions” subhead of his wiki:

    Massie supports dismantling the Environmental Protection Agency.[77] He voted to block the Department of Defense from spending on climate adaptation.[78] He voted to repeal the Stream Protection Rule, which imposed stricter requirements on coal mining to prevent coal debris from getting into waterways.[79]

    In 2018, after French President Emmanuel Macron held a speech to Congress where he mentioned his desire that the United States re-join the Paris Climate Accords to curb climate change, Massie said Macron was "a socialist militarist globalist science-alarmist. The dark future of the American Democratic Party".[80]
    Goddamn libruls, interfering with my god given right to throw my trash in the river...
    Yes but he is a liberal.

    I'm quite sure he self identifies as a trve american. Not a liberal pussy.
    meh

  8. #8528
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    6,640
    You just know your timeline is fucked when politicians sound like Captain Planet villains.

  9. #8529
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    You just know your timeline is fucked when politicians sound like Captain Planet villains.
    Have you heard LBJ or Nixon off camera? They've always sounded like that.

  10. #8530
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  11. #8531
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,404
    Yeah, Massie is a piece of shit

    It's just, why did the stimulus bill pass unanimously in the senate when it's so transparently solidifying corporate power for another generation? (Oh, and expanding the surveillance state!)

    Where was Sanders? Bending the knee i guess.

    And what about Warren? I thought she was supposed to be some kind of avenging angel against banks and stuff after 2008? Guess not!

    Oh and AOC? She's been bought out and now won't support anyone who tries to primary incumbents like she did.

    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    At this point I think its anti american to not put the needs of the market above the needs of people
    Sure looks that way. Murica donezo.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; April 1 2020 at 12:29:28 PM.

  12. #8532
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,273
    "What's good for M&M Enterprises is good for America!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  13. #8533
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Yeah, Massie is a piece of shit

    It's just, why did the stimulus bill pass unanimously in the senate when it's so transparently solidifying corporate power for another generation? (Oh, and expanding the surveillance state!)

    Where was Sanders? Bending the knee i guess.

    And what about Warren? I thought she was supposed to be some kind of avenging angel against banks and stuff after 2008? Guess not!

    Oh and AOC? She's been bought out and now won't support anyone who tries to primary incumbents like she did.

    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    At this point I think its anti american to not put the needs of the market above the needs of people
    Sure looks that way. Murica donezo.
    "People chose to get things moving an an unprecedented crisis. The sold us completely out."
    meh

  14. #8534
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Yeah, Massie is a piece of shit

    It's just, why did the stimulus bill pass unanimously in the senate when it's so transparently solidifying corporate power for another generation? (Oh, and expanding the surveillance state!)

    Where was Sanders? Bending the knee i guess.

    And what about Warren? I thought she was supposed to be some kind of avenging angel against banks and stuff after 2008? Guess not!

    Oh and AOC? She's been bought out and now won't support anyone who tries to primary incumbents like she did.

    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    At this point I think its anti american to not put the needs of the market above the needs of people
    Sure looks that way. Murica donezo.
    Get a grip. You're basically the purity test meme at this point.

  15. #8535
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,274
    The actual answer is that the Democratic party don't have enough political capital to create a bailout bill which does more than throw some crumbs under the table to the labouring classes. This is mostly because the Democrats are addicted to being losers but dress it up as 'compromise'.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  16. #8536
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The actual answer is that the Democratic party don't have enough political capital to create a bailout bill which does more than throw some crumbs under the table to the labouring classes. This is mostly because the Democrats are addicted to being losers but dress it up as 'compromise'.
    No. The most perfect political system that delivered an impeachment vote where the people who failed to vote FOR impeachment represent 17 million more people than the people who won, ie. voted against justice and the constitution, represent 17 million less people.

    Wonderful system that totally works and created a society where people are franchised. Totally.
    meh

  17. #8537

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,128
    Don't worry, 'Murica, you'll be fine..


  18. #8538
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,274
    That may be so but whenever the system has benefited the Democrats they've never leveraged any of their political capital effectively, as a party they thrive on having only a tenuous grip on any power they accidentally come across. The have no politics, only procedure.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  19. #8539
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    That may be so but whenever the system has benefited the Democrats they've never leveraged any of their political capital effectively, as a party they thrive on having only a tenuous grip on any power they accidentally come across. The have no politics, only procedure.
    Not for a while now, in the main, no.

    Doesn’t change the fact the two party system has allowed Republicans to imo, criminally capture many of the states and therefore federal government with voter and education suppression. Literal banana republic tier state capture where contracts go to actual friends and family, and with Trump now, blatantly ignoring the law with enough corruption in place at the federal level through lickspittles and his cult, to do this on a level never before seen in the history of the world.

    Learned a thing or two from his Russian gangster bosses, has little Donny.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; April 1 2020 at 02:54:48 PM.
    meh

  20. #8540
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,701
    The parties arnt really all that different

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •