hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 715 of 823 FirstFirst ... 215615665705712713714715716717718725765815 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,300 of 16446

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #14281
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Folks unironically being Trumpist-copying QANON Types. Good times.
    convince me otherwise Alistair, look at the details of the case, look at who Epstein was involved with and look at the history of the agencies in question.
    Why would I waste my time trying to do that?

    If you have proof, you should take that to the authorities.

    If you don't have proof.....well, enjoy being a thoery-crafting QANON, I guess.
    "Why don't you just work within the system that killed him?"
    Just like with Trump and election fraud, the burden of proof is on Trump, not on me to disprove it.

    Just like with Marlona and the Mexican Illegal Voter Conspiracy, the burden of proof is on Marlona, not on me to disprove it.

    And now, for Liare and yourself on Epstein, the burden of proof is for you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.

    Something being possible isn't proof.

    Something being plausible isn't proof.
    Hey remember that time a few years ago when the Panama Papers got leaked and there was absolutely indisputable documented evidence of mass-scale money-laundering and tax-evasion amongst the very rich and exactly none of them got brought to book?

    No me either because the guy that released them also "committed suicide"
    it was a woman actually, but that was one impressive suicide you have to admit, rigging her own car up to explode and all that. no evidence of it being a murder, so any claims to that end are pure conspiracies!

    hey, you remember all those WMD's in Iraq ? that was totally a thing right ?
    Last edited by Liare; November 8 2020 at 07:43:03 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  2. #14282
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,488
    The establishment has never lied to you citizen, believing conspiracy theories is very unpatriotic of you. Minus 45 social credits
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  3. #14283
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,090
    Just me, baby. Just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  4. #14284
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    plus, the level of incompetence required to produce the sequence of events provided in the official narrative is slap-stick comedy tier.
    I've been involved in enough unintentional slap stick comedy tier events to know that Hanlon's razor is generally more plausible than the multiple people involved in a conspiracy staying mum.

    But equally, *shrug* a death bed confession in a decades time wouldn't surprise me.

  5. #14285
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    7,850
    Look out, we've got a serial suicider on the loose!

  6. #14286
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,893
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post




    Just like the antiwar, free speech, anti evangelical left crumbled into nothing under Obama, so too will the current zeitgeist under Biden.

    We're going back to normal.
    Yes, and most of the world will celebrate.
    Investors are celebrating too! This is the best possible outcome (for the markets). Equities are soaring now that the threat of anti-trust against tech from Dems has been nullified; also with Trump gone the trade war is off the table as is the getting constantly dumped by tweet.

    With the infinite money printing from the Fed there's literally no roof on how high equities can go! 4 more years of Buyden, and 4 more after that! May the government continue to not function, buybuybuy!!!
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; November 8 2020 at 08:46:02 PM.

  7. #14287
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post




    Just like the antiwar, free speech, anti evangelical left crumbled into nothing under Obama, so too will the current zeitgeist under Biden.

    We're going back to normal.
    Yes, and most of the world will celebrate.
    Investors are celebrating too! This is the best possible outcome (for the markets). Equities are soaring now that the threat of anti-trust against tech from Dems has been nullified; also with Trump gone the trade war is off the table as is the getting constantly dumped by tweet.

    With the infinite money printing from the Fed there's literally no roof on how high equities can go! 4 more years of Buyden, and 4 more after that! May the government continue to not function, buybuybuy!!!
    Come up with a better alternative you can sell to the public then.
    meh

  8. #14288
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,893
    I'd rather BUYden SELL

    Market is on a moon mission

    More gridlock pls. 6+ years of it, like under Obama, preferably

  9. #14289
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Folks unironically being Trumpist-copying QANON Types. Good times.
    convince me otherwise Alistair, look at the details of the case, look at who Epstein was involved with and look at the history of the agencies in question.
    Why would I waste my time trying to do that?

    If you have proof, you should take that to the authorities.

    If you don't have proof.....well, enjoy being a thoery-crafting QANON, I guess.
    "Why don't you just work within the system that killed him?"
    Just like with Trump and election fraud, the burden of proof is on Trump, not on me to disprove it.

    Just like with Marlona and the Mexican Illegal Voter Conspiracy, the burden of proof is on Marlona, not on me to disprove it.

    And now, for Liare and yourself on Epstein, the burden of proof is for you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.

    Something being possible isn't proof.

    Something being plausible isn't proof.
    Hey remember that time a few years ago when the Panama Papers got leaked and there was absolutely indisputable documented evidence of mass-scale money-laundering and tax-evasion amongst the very rich and exactly none of them got brought to book?

    No me either because the guy that released them also "committed suicide"
    it was a woman actually, but that was one impressive suicide you have to admit, rigging her own car up to explode and all that. no evidence of it being a murder, so any claims to that end are pure conspiracies!

    hey, you remember all those WMD's in Iraq ? that was totally a thing right ?
    She wasn't the only reporter involved and Germany seeks extradition of the Panamanian lawyers.

    https://www.icij.org/investigations/...apers-lawyers/

    A US accountant was sentenced to three years in jail for forging papers to facilitate tax evasion:

    https://www.icij.org/investigations/...-than-3-years/

    The former Maltese' prime minister's chief of staff was arrested for receiving kick backs publicized by the Panama Papers:

    https://www.icij.org/investigations/...ndering-probe/

    US tax payer was sentenced to jail for tax evasion etc.

    https://www.icij.org/investigations/...panama-papers/

    And that's just stuff from October and September this year. Justice is slow. They won't go after the biggest fish. But one needs to remember one thing: most tax evasion is using perfectly legal loop holes. You can't jail people for that. You can only fix those holes.

    Like the British Virgin Islands removing one of the key elements of tax evasion:
    https://www.icij.org/investigations/...ompany-owners/

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  10. #14290
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,857
    Someone interviewing good old Mitt Romney popped up on my YT. "American voters may have rejected Trump but they also rejected Green New Deal and embraced conservativism". Blah blah he went.

    I got wondering how much exposure Bain Capital had to coal, but ofc couldn't find it. I found this little gem of an article:

    Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital
    How the GOP presidential candidate and his private equity firm staged an epic wealth grab, destroyed jobs – and stuck others with the bill
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...apital-183291/

    I think I remember someone actually linking it somewhere during 2012 campaigns. I didn't know what PE, LBO, carried and clawback were back then and business practices described in the article were puzzlingly counter intuitive and obscure. Such innocent times...

    When poor Elizabeth Warren was in the primaries, when she suggested regulatory reforms for PE, for taxing carried interest... I feared that poor lady might get a heart attack or drown in the bathtub. Fortunately for her she merely never got close to winning the nomination.

  11. #14291
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I'd rather BUYden SELL

    Market is on a moon mission

    More gridlock pls. 6+ years of it, like under Obama, preferably
    It's like you'd of preferred four more years of Trump, because let's face it, you'd preferred it. Also if you think your style of bitching is convincing anyone to start a movement or changing minds, you are again as dumb as you seem to be. I have a feeling you are just mad your dreams of rebellions against fascism are lessened. You could have come back here and said "I did my part" when the dust settled, showing your slate of memes and sick burns. Truly, you are the one we need.

  12. #14292
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,488
    Has trump done anything mad yet?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  13. #14293
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Has trump done anything mad yet?
    Other than the usual insanity, which is incredibly unusual, not yet. I assume once all but a smalll handful of his court cases wither away he'll come out with some new conspiracy and even though daily his governemt support is waning, he'll push for violence in the streets and for his supporters to rise up. Fox News calling it for Biden puts a nail in the coffin of all but the most insane far right people doing much about it, but as we saw in Philly, they are willing to drive into a city with fake ballots and unlicensed firearms, so expect more of the same when he pushes for it.

  14. #14294

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,704
    The maddest thing hes done is stick his fingers in his ears, shout lalalala, and play more golf.

    Ill let my guard down once the EC vote is through, before that who knows what can happen.

  15. #14295
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,144
    I suspect Trump's plan is to:

    a). Keep Claiming to have won
    b). State he didn't want that Presidency anyway because being President is for losers
    c). Walk off with the hundred million idiots have donated for his legal challenges to the election outcome
    d). Use that money to pay porn stars to bang him

  16. #14296

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,704
    "Free from the shackles of POS warfare, at last"

    -DJT

  17. #14297
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,965
    Then have international bankers call their debts on him, and the NY DA pursue cases with vigor because it will buy any of them political clout from taking down someone almost everyone on the left despises, and even some on the right.

    Most likely he'll get off lightly, but I would hope at the very least his favorite toy is removed and twitter just bans hims because they can, and can't face any real consequences for doing so once he's out of office.

    Also if he tries to steal the election now, after the nation has largely accepted Biden won, the riots won't be just a few "innocent" Walmarts.

  18. #14298
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    7,850

  19. #14299

  20. #14300

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Folks unironically being Trumpist-copying QANON Types. Good times.
    convince me otherwise Alistair, look at the details of the case, look at who Epstein was involved with and look at the history of the agencies in question.
    Why would I waste my time trying to do that?

    If you have proof, you should take that to the authorities.

    If you don't have proof.....well, enjoy being a thoery-crafting QANON, I guess.
    "Why don't you just work within the system that killed him?"
    Just like with Trump and election fraud, the burden of proof is on Trump, not on me to disprove it.

    Just like with Marlona and the Mexican Illegal Voter Conspiracy, the burden of proof is on Marlona, not on me to disprove it.

    And now, for Liare and yourself on Epstein, the burden of proof is for you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.

    Something being possible isn't proof.

    Something being plausible isn't proof.
    Hey remember that time a few years ago when the Panama Papers got leaked and there was absolutely indisputable documented evidence of mass-scale money-laundering and tax-evasion amongst the very rich and exactly none of them got brought to book?

    No me either because the guy that released them also "committed suicide"
    And in the UK we had the suicides of Iraq whistleblower Dr David Kelly and that MI6 dude who locked himself into a holdall from the outside

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •