hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 299 of 576 FirstFirst ... 199249289296297298299300301302309349399 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 11504

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    It’s pretty widespread, though depends on what your definition of “public” is.

And it’s nothing compared to the data parties keep themselves.
    What the parties keep for themselves is absolutely fine. They need to have a membership list. But having that data available to anyone as some states do, is frankly insane.

https://voterrecords.com/voters/ak/1

Why is this shit public?

Have another example:
    Every Florida Republican born between 1981 and 1990. You even get their race listed.
    https://voterrecords.com/voters/fl/r...n-1981to1990/1
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I know that the ballot itself is secret. But having party membership lists public is just insane.

If you can't see why, then you lack not just imagination but also any knowledge of 20th century history.

Tapapapatalk
    If the U.S. had more than two parties, it might make sense to be registered as such, so that you could participate in the primaries, and people who did not belong to them could not hijack their decision making*. Instead, being unregistered (independent) has benefits and drawbacks:

You are not on a list as being part of a group.
    Your vote is not taken for granted by anyone.

*In some states, you may not participate in the primary election if you are not registered to it, but in others, you can.

But you are right that it is insane - as people may assume that if you are registered A or B - in this modern rhetoric and violence inflamed time, decide to punish you for it. People have/haven't gotten promotions/hired because of public party lists, as well as getting threatened.

Even with more than two parties, membership lists should never be public.
    You can still be member of a party and take part in their leadership election process. Other countries manage that as well.
    nevar forget

All Joe's points are completely beyond contention in all other nations. Even China doesn't have a published list of members of the communist party even though it is the only party and has hundreds of millions of members

Americans are the weird ones here.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Yeah, murican politics is beyond all reason and understanding and to lesser degree the brexitland politics where muricans just took the worst bits and added industrialized bribery on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Yeah, murican politics is beyond all reason and understanding and to lesser degree the brexitland politics where muricans just took the worst bits and added industrialized bribery on top of that.
    This is not a coherent sentence ...
    he isn't describing a coherent situation.

The valid way to win lasting political power is by winning some poorly defined debate, but not by improving anything.
    Last edited by mewninn; November 25 2019 at 07:56:07 PM.

He was brought down by a foreign backed military coup because he wasn't playing ball with global capital over Bolivia's natural resources.

Two independent bodies have confirmed the election results and the cunts that have replaced him are far right catholic fundamentalists who are engaging in ethnic cleansing. What the actual fuck is that article on about.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Wait are they arguing that a growing economy and shrinking inequality is a bad thing?

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Wait are they arguing that a growing economy and shrinking inequality is a bad thing?

In a way, yes.

The liberals and conservatives at the big papers have a bit of a thing for anyone who brings about a sharp improvement in the living standard.

It's not considered a legitimate manner of governing because you're tricking people with bread and circuses. Change must be incremental, and it can only happen after hundreds of debates on the Senate floor

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

In a way, yes.

The liberals and conservatives at the big papers have a bit of a thing for anyone who brings about a sharp improvement in the living standard.

It's not considered a legitimate manner of governing because you're tricking people with bread and circuses. Change must be incremental, and it can only happen after hundreds of debates on the Senate floor
    After the shareholder class have cut themselves the largest slice of the pie, you mean.

They let things slip after WW II and they're not making that mistake again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Know who else had a growing economy and shrinking inequality? Soviet russia.

commies btfo!!1

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Know who else had a growing economy and shrinking inequality? Soviet russia.

commies btfo!!1
    Yes, everyone was equally miserable.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Sure - it's much more preferrable for overwhelming majority be in even deeper pit while the few shrewd psychos get to plunder the country for megayachts.

Nothing changes the fact that he broke the laws and constitution by strong-arming their supreme court to allow him to run for 3rd time. He created a perfect "he is a dictator" opening and CIA used it.

Sure - it's much more preferrable for overwhelming majority be in even deeper pit while the few shrewd psychos get to plunder the country for megayachts.
    And yet it was and still is better than that pit of misery you call a homeland and defend regularly. Funny how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Nothing changes the fact that he broke the laws and constitution by strong-arming their supreme court to allow him to run for 3rd time. He created a perfect "he is a dictator" opening and CIA used it.
    This. "Term limits violate human rights" is laughably silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Yeah the Bolivian indigenous people deserve the massacres because they voted for him a third time.

How many term limits have there been for CIA installed south american leaders?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Should have done a better job educating the populace about the stock market before giving away shares, then.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Yeah the Bolivian indigenous people deserve the massacres because they voted for him a third time.

How many term limits have there been for CIA installed south american leaders?
    Fourth Time.

And it was Bolivia's constitution, not the CIA, that expressed the term limits, that Morales and his supporters were trying to change so he could become El Presidente for life, but don't let facts get in the way of your conspiracy narrative.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; November 26 2019 at 02:28:42 PM.
    meh