hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 342 of 423 FirstFirst ... 242292332339340341342343344345352392 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 8445

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Bernie gets the nomination and then everyone in the media pivots and suddenly Trump isn't so bad after all.
    I would, more about Bernie getting nomination than CNN and MSNBC praising Trump.
    If Bernie gets the nom, MSNBC and CNN will pivot to “Trump is bad, but at least the economy is doing well. Sanders is bad for the economy.”
    Hell if he wins Iowa it's going to be all hands on deck like we have never seen before.
    Well, not since the 1950s at least.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bernie gets the nomination and then everyone in the media pivots and suddenly Trump isn't so bad after all.
    I would, more about Bernie getting nomination than CNN and MSNBC praising Trump.
    If Bernie gets the nom, MSNBC and CNN will pivot to “Trump is bad, but at least the economy is doing well. Sanders is bad for the economy.”
    Hell if he wins Iowa it's going to be all hands on deck like we have never seen before.
    Who will be the new McCarthy?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Who will be the new McCarthy?
    Joe Manchin?

Joe Biden?

Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Posted last page mate.

King of the Food Thread
    Fucking wow...

"Asked whether a quid pro quo matters in deciding to remove a president from office, Dershowitz argued Trump was acting in the public interest by pushing for investigations of Democrats because an officeholder’s reelection can be in the public interest."

>Professor of Law

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    >Professor of Law
    At a diploma mill.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure all the messaging about "Trump was concerned with corruption in Ukraine" started after he got caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar. But I haven't heard any messaging from the Dems to that effect, which is a shame.

I also think the Dems should be saying "If you vote to acquit the President, you are signalling that you have no problem with the office holder engaging in these behaviors in the future...regardless of their party affiliation".

Also: "We'll let you question both of the Bidens...if Trump takes the stand first."
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Uhh, probably never.
    Not much point in having laws and an oath that specifically mentions domestic enemies of the constitution if we never apply them.
    there will never be an american nelson mandela
    No; any such figure would be assassinated before reaching Mandela status.
    The 27 years of incarceration are important to the Mandela story and psyche. Who knows how many young Mandelas are currently contemplating the injustice of the American justice system in various facilities around the country that put Robben Island to shame.
    Indeed. Imo he went in a half terrorist and came out as the second comming.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Uhh, probably never.
    Not much point in having laws and an oath that specifically mentions domestic enemies of the constitution if we never apply them.
    there will never be an american nelson mandela
    No; any such figure would be assassinated before reaching Mandela status.
    The 27 years of incarceration are important to the Mandela story and psyche. Who knows how many young Mandelas are currently contemplating the injustice of the American justice system in various facilities around the country that put Robben Island to shame.
    Indeed. Imo he went in a half terrorist and came out as the second comming.
    I mean, to support Lach's point... (MLK and Malcom X)

How convenient that all the most influental civil rights leaders were offed and the US was left with grifters like Al Sharpton.

How many times has COINTELPRO been mentioned in this thread now?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

This thread? Don’t think it has.

Maybe in the old US politics thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I also think the Dems should be saying "If you vote to acquit the President, you are signalling that you have no problem with the office holder engaging in these behaviors in the future...regardless of their party affiliation".
    I heard Dem. manager Schiff(?) basically stating that yesterday. He put it the way that it would set precedence for any future president.

That could only scare the Republicans if the plan called for the Dems ever winning the presidency again.

Look at Labour in the UK. That is the future of the Democratic Party, permanent opposition.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How convenient that all the most influental civil rights leaders were offed and the US was left with grifters like Al Sharpton.
    Sounds oddly familiar

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Sounds oddly familiar
    Your country would know.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Sounds oddly familiar
    Your country would know.
    :woosh:

this fucking guy

this fucking guy
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand nordstern. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical poster's head. There's also his nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike nordstern truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in his existencial catchphrase "no u" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons.

I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as entrox's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. �� And yes by the way, I DO have a nordstern tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.