hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 341 of 423 FirstFirst ... 241291331338339340341342343344351391 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 8445

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Warren as VP is a terrible idea.

Warren as Senate leader is a much better idea. We need someone with her caliber and commitment advancing a progressive legislative agenda in the senate. With both Sanders and Warren in the executive branch, I don’t know who that would be. Ron Wyden, maybe?
    Has anyone identified Republican senators who are vulnerable this cycle? There probably aren't any, since the media is looking at Democrats who are trying to survive.
    going by the last couple pages, I guess it's time to panic and pretend we lose by default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Warren as VP is a terrible idea.

Warren as Senate leader is a much better idea. We need someone with her caliber and commitment advancing a progressive legislative agenda in the senate. With both Sanders and Warren in the executive branch, I don’t know who that would be. Ron Wyden, maybe?
    Has anyone identified Republican senators who are vulnerable this cycle? There probably aren't any, since the media is looking at Democrats who are trying to survive.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ok-vulnerable/

Chances for Bolton as a witness rised, we will know on Friday
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/u...witnesses.html

McConnell reportedly said that he currently wouldnt have the votes to prevent witnesses. So that nice.

Whats not so nice is that this was immediately followed by "but he is confident he would pressure enough votes by the end of the week". How fucking ominous is that? Whats he going to do, horse head in the bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yep. This is starting to look unwinnable for the democrats from a distance.

All these candidates appeal to different sections of the electorate and you can only choose one. Whichever one is chosen will alienate every group who isn't their base, everyone who wasn't their base will claim they were the worst possible candidate and enough of them will vote for an independent instead.
    I really think you’re overstating things.

I certainly don’t discount the possibility of Trump being re-elected, but the democratic voting base is nowhere near as fractured as the media hype machine would like you believe.
    They don't need to be as fractured, they just need not to become energised.
    Best way to ensure that outcome is to nominate Biden.

Best way to avoid that outcome is to nominate Sanders.

We’ll see what happens.
    I agree. Sanders / who? though.

Previously I was thinking Sanders / Harris. But that doesn't seem sane.

Ideally it's someone relatively establishment with a foreign policy background. Is Condi an option?

Because Sanders / Rice would be hilarious.
    I was just wondering how big a factor the nominated VP is on voter decisions? Does it really matter as much that it has recognizable influence on the outcome of the election?

Or is "the right" VP nominee more like an acknowledgement to certain small but influential groups, which actually only would pay off after the election?

Funny discussion, here's what's going to happen: you will get Biden and you will be told to like it or you are a nazi trump supporter. Followed by huge surprise at Trump getting second term.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Funny discussion, here's what's going to happen: you will get Biden and you will be told to like it or you are a nazi trump supporter. Followed by huge surprise at Trump getting second term.
    Plausible.

Plausible.
    Likely even tbh.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bernie gets the nomination and then everyone in the media pivots and suddenly Trump isn't so bad after all.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

So when does this nazi prick and the other traitors he hangs out with get punished for domestic terrorism?
    meh

Uhh, probably never.

Uhh, probably never.
    Not much point in having laws and an oath that specifically mentions domestic enemies of the constitution if we never apply them.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Uhh, probably never.
    Not much point in having laws and an oath that specifically mentions domestic enemies of the constitution if we never apply them.
    there will never be an american nelson mandela

Uhh, probably never.
    Sure there is. Very useful against those dangerous leftists who want to give people “healthcare” and “education.”

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Uhh, probably never.
    No; any such figure would be assassinated before reaching Mandela status.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Bernie gets the nomination and then everyone in the media pivots and suddenly Trump isn't so bad after all.
    I would, more about Bernie getting nomination than CNN and MSNBC praising Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Uhh, probably never.
    No; any such figure would be assassinated before reaching Mandela status.
    The 27 years of incarceration are important to the Mandela story and psyche. Who knows how many young Mandelas are currently contemplating the injustice of the American justice system in various facilities around the country that put Robben Island to shame.
    meh

I would, more about Bernie getting nomination than CNN and MSNBC praising Trump.
    If Bernie gets the nom, MSNBC and CNN will pivot to “Trump is bad, but at least the economy is doing well. Sanders is bad for the economy.”

If Bernie gets the nom, MSNBC and CNN will pivot to “Trump is bad, but at least the economy is doing well. Sanders is bad for the economy.”
    Hell if he wins Iowa it's going to be all hands on deck like we have never seen before.