hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 613 of 663 FirstFirst ... 113513563603610611612613614615616623 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,260 of 13260

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

From what I gather the whole 'election year' protocol is only a thing if the Senate and Presidency are held by different parties.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Based Hmong

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    From what I gather the whole 'election year' protocol is only a thing if the Senate and Presidency are held by different parties.
    That's Mitch retroactively trying to come up with a flimsy rationalization for why 2020 is different from 2016. He never mentioned that part of the 'protocol' back in 2016.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Nah, it is only for judges appointed by democrats, iirc the democrats have had no trouble appointing ones put forward by the religious lunatic party.

Based Hmong
    Surprised you didn't respond with some shit about how Jewish voters compare, on a poll taken in NYPosts op ed section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post

The dude rages about Nelson Mandela being horrible and has softer stanches on Assad and other dictators and mass murderers. Not exactly the reasonable type. Yells about nuance but never shows it. McConnell is effective because of people like Trump drawing attention and a crippled electorate. It was praise for McConnell because he is convinced that's how effective leadership works. It's how effective power grabbing works, but grabbing a burning pile of shit isn't really much of an accomplishment.

He has never done anything of note except for doing nothing. It's not a strategy to praise, it's only worked because of the fucking idiocy of our systems here, and their absolute failure under the pressures of the current times. It's centrists vs hardline conservatives that will do anyting to subvert popular will. Yes he's in power, it's a question of whether more AOC style outspoken leftists gain ground so they take narrative control of the Dems. Pelosi may be incompetent, but even if she was replaced by a progressive speaker magically, there'd be no real option for them other than trying to get a narrative.

I just really hope when the election results get fucked up and he loses by 4 millions popular votes but wins again that at least 4 million people decide it's fucking dumb to do this shit and sit and take the idiotic bullshit we've done over and over.
    Sounds like a whole lot of whining to me. Get back to me when a Democratic leader is willing to focus on a goal without any compromise or getting distracted/flustered. They can't.

I also don't have a lot of hope for the progressives. They're generally nice people, and that's one of their biggest problems. While AOC is playing ball and trying to be team player, Pelosi publicly dunks her with things like "the Green Dream or whatever"
    its like you don't even read anything except to reply to your own screaming internal voices. Its ok they don't like you either.
    you type like x5 as much as me. at least my voices shut up at some point lol
    It's concerning you cant read anything longer than a Twitter post.

Perhaps you need the woman man camera tv person test

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    That's Mitch retroactively trying to come up with a flimsy rationalization for why 2020 is different from 2016. He never mentioned that part of the 'protocol' back in 2016.

He's just saying out loud what he was thinking back then, too: "I am fucking with you because I can". That is perfectly on brand for the republican party, and 95% of them are behind him on this.

A whole bunch of Republican senators outright said they would have done the same thing if it were a Republican president. They're now coming up with paper thin covers for their lies.

US Politics Thread, 2.0

Also, Alistair's rather sad "both sides" is especially dumb this time round. The Democrats are simply holding the Republicans to their own words and insisting on consistency, which is a far cry from hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    A whole bunch of Republican senators outright said they would have done the same thing if it were a Republican president. They're now coming up with paper thin covers for their lies.
    republicans lie

im not sure why this is a new or amazing revelation that's somehow going to change american politics forever.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

It seems to be news to Lark.

Based Hmong
    Surprised you didn't respond with some shit about how Jewish voters compare, on a poll taken in NYPosts op ed section.
    Seethe harder you creepy stalker lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    politicians lie

im not sure why this is a new or amazing revelation that's somehow going to change american politics forever.
    FYP

And we're back to false equivalences.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    YAAAAAS QWUEEEN YASSSS

Also, Alistair's rather sad "both sides" is especially dumb this time round. The Democrats are simply holding the Republicans to their own words and insisting on consistency, which is a far cry from hypocrisy.
    What a stinky crock of shit argument that is.

If you don't believe something, you do not hold someone else to that something just because they said it once.

Especially when you know, up front, you have no fucking power to hold them to anything.

It's exactly this kind of "no real beliefs" flexibility, i.e. hypocrisy, I cannot stand.

If you believed it was wrong then, you cannot believe it's right now just because now expressing that belief might help you (it won't, by the way).

But I get it, power > everything else, and every single belief and ideal is flexible or disposable as needed.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a both sides argument, the Republicans are materially worse here, materially. I mean it when I say I'll never vote for them again. I loathe them for their baldfaced hypocricy here, and I get that the Dems are just weak reactionary losers in this scenario. But the weasley "well, yeah, we really didn't think that before, but now we have to "hold Republicans to their words" and make them do something we don't believe in, derp" is just pathetic.

I want a political party whose ideals and beliefs are constant, no matter who standing for those ideals helps politically in that moment, and a party whose acts consistently mirror those beliefs and ideals. I don't want fungible playdoh for my political party, where every ideal and belief is flexible in the moment. The two party system lives on BECAUSE No one ever calls either out for this kind of constant hypocricy.

And now I'm being the utopian, because human beings suck, and ideals always go out the window when political power is on the line.