hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 568 of 738 FirstFirst ... 68468518558565566567568569570571578618668 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,360 of 14741

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Yeah the outcome of the US not entering WW2 would not have been a fascist Europe, it would have been a communist one with the UK maybe surviving as the lone independent state

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Yeah the outcome of the US not entering WW2 would not have been a fascist Europe, it would have been a communist one with the UK maybe surviving as the lone independent state
    well with the COMMY EU with GERMANY at it's centre the commie nazis WON it looks like!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Or how about no one knows what would of happened in a world war without the us magically deciding to not get involved? Its not a black and white image, the war was insanely complex. The US without mass slavery would probably still be in a position of power at that time, being so far removed from ww1 and so positioned to expand industrial capacity. Slavery was never required to build a nation, but the fact is we did it, and we don't learn it here until way too late. Education here is shit though, largely due to religious priorities influencing education. Plantation Master Cotton would love to own a few slaves I'm guessing, so education priorities against it would deter his end goal in life. Dude should run in 2024, would love to see the people make a defense of voting for a dude like that as "not racist, just poor!"

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Oh, what's this? A video of Lindsey Graham being honest?

Yeah, don't fall for it.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Or how about no one knows what would of happened in a world war without the us magically deciding to not get involved? Its not a black and white image, the war was insanely complex. The US without mass slavery would probably still be in a position of power at that time, being so far removed from ww1 and so positioned to expand industrial capacity. Slavery was never required to build a nation, but the fact is we did it, and we don't learn it here until way too late. Education here is shit though, largely due to religious priorities influencing education. Plantation Master Cotton would love to own a few slaves I'm guessing, so education priorities against it would deter his end goal in life. Dude should run in 2024, would love to see the people make a defense of voting for a dude like that as "not racist, just poor!"
    Considering Russia had already stopped the Germans when the US entered the war. It is generally accepted that Russia could have worthy war without US involvement.
    For that not to happen Germany would have had to get Japan involvement pushing towards eastern Russian oil field's instead of not really being interested in a cohesive plan vs Russia. So japan went south instead.

If US didn't get involved then they wouldn't have been in the position to grab as many nazi scientists at during at at end of the war. Would likely be behind USSR in a lot of military application's.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Considering Russia had already stopped the Germans when the US entered the war. It is generally accepted that Russia could have worthy war without US involvement.
    For that not to happen Germany would have had to get Japan involvement pushing towards eastern Russian oil field's instead of not really being interested in a cohesive plan vs Russia. So japan went south instead.

If US didn't get involved then they wouldn't have been in the position to grab as many nazi scientists at during at at end of the war. Would likely be behind USSR in a lot of military application's.

Nope on so many fronts, I would suggest looking at US supplying the Soviets with lend lease and the massive boost that was to a nearly collapsed supply structure. Could Germany of held onto Russia? Probably not, but Russia not falling was not because Russia alone made it possible. Again, the war was endlessly complex, assuming that Russia was winning the war solo is pretty dumb though, the slightest amount of research shows that Russia was on the brink for years, and likely would of turned to a disorganized mess that Germany would of just gotten bogged down in rather than chased out of.

Nope on so many fronts, I would suggest looking at US supplying the Soviets with lend lease and the massive boost that was to a nearly collapsed supply structure. Could Germany of held onto Russia? Probably not, but Russia not falling was not because Russia alone made it possible. Again, the war was endlessly complex, assuming that Russia was winning the war solo is pretty dumb though, the slightest amount of research shows that Russia was on the brink for years, and likely would of turned to a disorganized mess that Germany would of just gotten bogged down in rather than chased out of.
    TFW you have to deny your entire technological military society is built on the back of saving Nazi scientists from justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

TFW you have to deny your entire technological military society is built on the back of saving Nazi scientists from justice.
    I doubt they would of been captured by a supply depleted Russia, but as I understand it, most of the Nazi high command fled to the Western lines once the Soviets were approaching? Do you see them waltzing into the arms of the Soviets if there is no US for some reason involved in the war? Do you think Russia would of gotten a hold of them in the Atlantic with their navy? They'd probably of fled to America and we'd probably of given them the same cushy life here as they had in the real time line. Most of NATO was using Nazi developed tech 15 years after the war ended. I really doubt that without them no one would of figured shit out, but yeah, America was a great place to be a nazi scientist, this was gonna be the case regardless. Not sure what your point was here.

That's bullshit statement and you know it. USA was a industrial super giant even before WWII.

To be fair, all the allies tried to snatch up as many Nazi scientists as they could before the others got them, then spent the following decades spying on each other.

Like the soviets and you guys didn’t have your own pet Nazi scientists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Surgeon
    meh

We don't have a technological military society, just a standard run of the mill financial rent seeking and laundering society.

Somehow we managed to squander the opportunity of having access to nazi scientists.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Simply put. Boots to march with, and Studebaker trucks to carry things with.

That said, Generalplan OSt was a derpy piece of fantasy, even before it was continually replanned to Hitler's liking.

It's a really good thing Fascists are too fucking useless to pick competent leaders.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    We don't have a technological military society, just a standard run of the mill financial rent seeking and laundering society.

Somehow we managed to squander the opportunity of having access to nazi scientists.
    That's far more revisionist than I expected from you.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...secondworldwar

Also see Erichkknaar's post for the link to the wiki article.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

We could have had our own nazi moon base and rocket tech but instead we put them to work for the coal board, a soap company, a textiles manufacturer and a perfume maker.

Very boring.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    We could have had our own nazi moon base and rocket tech but instead we put them to work for the coal board, a soap company, a textiles manufacturer and a perfume maker.

Very boring.
    Clearly a lack of ambition. What happened to your world-spanning empire?

edit: I wonder what the world would be like if the British had decided to move the bulk of their population to the New World.
    Last edited by Nordstern; July 29 2020 at 11:47:56 PM.

Even if Biden wins he will be burdened by the economic crisis and pandemic. And further blocked by wasting energy on comrpomising with GOP. In '22 Repubs will dominate the midterms.

By '24 Dems will have chased out anyone really leaning to the left in a centrist triumph.

2024 We get 3rd party run by AOC and a permanent split among democrats handing repubs every subsequent election for next 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

man he's going to be fuming when he finds out he can't delay elections and the only way Bush got elected was by getting the supreme court to put a deadline on recounts