hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 362 of 436 FirstFirst ... 262312352359360361362363364365372412 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 8717

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Is Bernie on the left of the center? Should be in middle, slightly to the right. Dude basically embodies what every centrist believes. Wish we had a candidate like that here.

OK commie.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm struggling to understand why a candidate like Warren is sticking in the race, are there other states where she dominates a certain voting demographic?
    Because she's option B.

She's the option where if there's a contested convention she can be the compromise option between the progressives and centrists.

I don't think that's realistic, but if she stays close enough for long enough maybe.
    Warren getting the nod is the only acceptable outcome of a brokered convention, I think.

She got less than 10% in New Hampshire and will be on track to do as badly in the next couple of states. Don't think she'll be an acceptable outcome if there's other candidates who have double and triple her vote total

Thoughts on Bloomberg? Is he likely to be the choice of the DNC at the expense of the 'people's vote'?

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    She got less than 10% in New Hampshire and will be on track to do as badly in the next couple of states. Don't think she'll be an acceptable outcome if there's other candidates who have double and triple her vote total
    Thing is she’s almost no one’s first choice, but she’s a ton of people’s second choice. That’s what gives her strength in a brokered convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

Thoughts on Bloomberg? Is he likely to be the choice of the DNC at the expense of the 'people's vote'?

Fuck Mike Bloomberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Fuck Mike Bloomberg.
    It is quite funny to see ads where Bloomberg is calling Trump out for "having daddy pay for it all" all over the internets, not going to lie.

Kind of like the AntiPrager at this point, I'm sure.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Fuck Mike Bloomberg.
    It is quite funny to see ads where Bloomberg is calling Trump out for "having daddy pay for it all" all over the internets, not going to lie.

Is me more or less 'self made' than Blumpf?

jfc, proof that money cant buy good memes

at least Trump can be funny sometimes..

Huh, I read that meme as mocking Bloomberg's astroturfing efforts. Memes getting so next level I can't tell which side they're on.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Fuck Mike Bloomberg.

Is me more or less 'self made' than Blumpf?
    There's no such thing as a self made billionaire, comrade. (I know you know this already )

As far as Bloomberg himself goes, his record of supporting and expanding racist policies in New York is already being more widely exposed, and if even a modest % of black voters stay home or fall for Trump's bs we get 4 more years. Bloomberg hasn't been in a debate, embarasses himself in public regularly both in current interviews and in very public interviews he has given throughout his career, and would get utterly steamrolled by Trump in any direct matchup. If he gets the nomination then the Democratic party is officially dead, the same way the Republican party was turned into a walking Trump-corpse in 2017.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Huh, I read that meme as mocking Bloomberg's astroturfing efforts. Memes getting so next level I can't tell which side they're on.
    Oh no, he is literally paying for memes.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/14/2...-election-2020

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    'Not A Paramilitary.' Inside A Washington Militia's Efforts To Go Mainstream

The part about the NAP with the leftist armed groups was very interesting.

Perhaps the unlikeliest twist in Marshall's rebranding of the Washington Three Percent is the long, under-the-radar communication he had with armed leftists.

For more than a year, Marshall was in talks with the Puget Sound John Brown Gun Club, named after the abolitionist who led the 1859 raid on Harpers Ferry. The relationship ended in disputed circumstances. The gun club warns that its experience with the Three Percent is a cautionary tale as Marshall wades deeper into state politics.

This account comes from Marshall as well as interviews with five members of the John Brown group. Only one of them agreed to be fully identified: Shannon McMinimee, a 41-year-old civil rights attorney who serves as the group's lawyer.

"There was an open line of communication, historically," McMinimee said. "But that kind of went down in a ball of flames courtesy of some of the choices they made."

The talks began as a security measure to reassure each other – two armed groups on opposite sides of the political spectrum – that there would be no friction if they were in the same area. But, both camps said, the dialogue eventually deepened and they broached ideology.

They found common ground on the Second Amendment but fought over some of the company Marshall kept. Namely, far-right figures known for espousing white nationalism and hatred of Muslims and Jews.

"The conversation was, 'Do you really want to be affiliated with that?' " McMinimee said. "Because you say you aren't racist, but when you stand next to a racist, that makes it really hard for us to believe you."

There were other concerns, too. The leftists sometimes joke that their "blogging hands" get tired from chronicling all the dog-whistle racism and anti-Semitism that crops up on the Washington Three Percent's social media accounts. And then there was Marshall's appearance on Infowars, the conspiracy-peddling outlet McMinimee called "pure tinfoil hat."

Marshall said much of the criticism is unfair. There are around 330 vetted members of the Washington Three Percent — they've passed a screening process. But he said it's a losing battle trying to police the comments of a few thousand unknown followers on their public pages. And Marshall admitted that he has "dropped into" some chats where he commented without first realizing racists were in the same forum. But he doesn't expect his detractors to believe that it wasn't intentional.

"We're stuck in the middle. The true neo-Nazis hate us, which they should because we hate them too," Marshall said. "And the far left, who we don't have any problems with, hate us because they believe that we're neo-Nazis."

McMinimee said the John Brown Gun Club eventually decided it "was done trying to make this work." Among the reasons: Marshall's support for Matt Shea, the state lawmaker and accused extremist.

"Doubling down on your support for someone whose own party wants to expel him from the state Legislature?" McMinimee said. "There have to be some lines."
    Last edited by Nordstern; February 16 2020 at 07:15:06 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Bloomberg doesn’t appreciate the complexities of agriculture, I see.

These days you need IT, mechanical engineering and veterinary science to be a farmer.

Looking at putting in a crop of either barley or rye given the climate. I have a restored 1980s tractor I use to cut and bale hay, but will need to either buy or lease new machinery to sow and harvest grain.

Basically all new tractors and harvesters are fully computerized.

Download GIS data for your farm.

Use software to map out the most efficient pathing for your activity to create a GPS map.

Download GPS map into the tractor's computer.

The dairies in my region are increasing automated, where the cows wear RIF tags and they go to the milking shed when they want, enter a stall, and the machine washes their udder, laser scans to attach the cups, milks while measuring milk solids and other factors, dispenses the appropriate feed to the cow, and then the cow walks off.

Low tech indeed.

That's before you get into proper Ag science like regenerative farming or similar. That shit is complex and (from a lay person looking in) poorly understood.

That man has clearly never even tried to grow a potted flower or something.

Spectacularly ignorant and detached.

NBS