hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 922 of 934 FirstFirst ... 422822872912919920921922923924925932 ... LastLast
Results 18,421 to 18,440 of 18674

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #18421

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Well, it does help the USA pay less for their pick up/AFV gastank. And that's all that matters in the end.
    Actually, we get a lot more of our import petroleum from Canada than Saudi, also, in the last decade, more or less, local US production has completely turned on its head after the last time the Arabs made our summer road trips too expensive (2008).

    In 2019, petroleum net imports averaged about 0.6 MMb/d, the equivalent of 3% of total U.S. petroleum consumption. This was down from the record share of 60% in 2005 and the lowest percentage since 1957.
    its just geopolitik now.
    But the world price is set by global demand and supply, so the particular people you buy it off doesn't make much difference.

    The Saudi's used to be the price powerbrokers because their oil wells could increase or decrease production most efficiently. And more importantly because their wealth meant that they could afford to choose to cut supply.

  2. #18422
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,913
    And their oil is traded in freedombucks

  3. #18423
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,344
    Canada - progressive as far as it goes until its a choice between $$$ and the environment, then fuck you pristine wilderness and hello open cast strip mining

  4. #18424
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Canada - progressive as far as it goes until its a choice between $$$ and the environment, then fuck you pristine wilderness and hello open cast strip mining
    What moronic idea of Canada do you have that it's progressive all the way? They have fucked up issues just like most Western countries and have exploited resources and fucked over native populations and enabled corporate bullshit, to a lesser degree than some, but they aren't some magical land.

  5. #18425
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Canada - progressive as far as it goes until its a choice between $$$ and the environment, then fuck you pristine wilderness and hello open cast strip mining
    What moronic idea of Canada do you have that it's progressive all the way? They have fucked up issues just like most Western countries and have exploited resources and fucked over native populations and enabled corporate bullshit, to a lesser degree than some, but they aren't some magical land.
    Its just the side by side comparison affect of it being next to you lot tbh. But Canada is a social democracy that seems to be decent enough. Fairer society than yours, universal free healthcare, that sort of thing. No gun toting school shooters cheered on by half the nation stuff. The basics.

    Plus all that oil is being shipped directly to you lot. Its a slave to daddy Muricas greed, like we all are. Aint Hegemony a bitch

  6. #18426
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,344
    Nothing that doesnt immediately abolish capitalism can be described as progressive

  7. #18427
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Nothing that doesnt immediately abolish capitalism can be described as progressive

  8. #18428
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Canada - progressive as far as it goes until its a choice between $$$ and the environment, then fuck you pristine wilderness and hello open cast strip mining
    What moronic idea of Canada do you have that it's progressive all the way? They have fucked up issues just like most Western countries and have exploited resources and fucked over native populations and enabled corporate bullshit, to a lesser degree than some, but they aren't some magical land.
    Its just the side by side comparison affect of it being next to you lot tbh. But Canada is a social democracy that seems to be decent enough. Fairer society than yours, universal free healthcare, that sort of thing. No gun toting school shooters cheered on by half the nation stuff. The basics.

    Plus all that oil is being shipped directly to you lot. Its a slave to daddy Muricas greed, like we all are. Aint Hegemony a bitch
    America's hat does have better conditions than it's fat obese body.

  9. #18429
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    12,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Nothing that doesnt immediately abolish capitalism can be described as progressive
    So, if married gay men protecting their marijuana plants with assault rifles simply want to live their best lives, that's not progressive?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  10. #18430
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Nothing that doesnt immediately abolish capitalism can be described as progressive
    So, if married gay men protecting their marijuana plants with assault rifles simply want to live their best lives, that's not progressive?
    Sounds like the worst sort of liberal cuckoldry, if the usual great minds of FHC are to be believed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

  11. #18431
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,667
    I always find it interesting when people from a county of 242K sq. km give shit to people from a country of 9 million sq. km. about their "energy use" or energy policies, especially gasoline/transport or home heating.

    After all, why can't we all just be like the UK? Walk, ride a train, or pay 5 pound a litre for petrol, what's the problem? Just because we're barely the size of a medium size state or part of one province, that doesn't matter, size and scale is irrelevant right.
    Last edited by Alistair; March 25 2021 at 04:01:10 PM.


  12. #18432

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I always find it interesting when people from a county of 242K sq. km give shit to people from a country of 9 million sq. km. about their "energy use" or energy policies, especially gasoline/transport or home heating.

    After all, why can't we all just be like the UK? Walk, ride a train, or pay 5 pound a litre for petrol, what's the problem? Just because we're barely the size of a medium size state or part of one province, that doesn't matter, size and scale is irrelevant right.
    I think the US often gets bashed unfairly. (Envy is my guess.)

    But this we're too big to [be energy efficient / have decent infrastructure / have universal healthcare] isn't a good argument. Europe is bigger than the US.

  13. #18433
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    6,136
    Yes but all of these other solutions wouldn't work here because reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  14. #18434
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I always find it interesting when people from a county of 242K sq. km give shit to people from a country of 9 million sq. km. about their "energy use" or energy policies, especially gasoline/transport or home heating.

    After all, why can't we all just be like the UK? Walk, ride a train, or pay 5 pound a litre for petrol, what's the problem? Just because we're barely the size of a medium size state or part of one province, that doesn't matter, size and scale is irrelevant right.
    Europe is 10 million square kilometers so... maybe just stop being shit?



  15. #18435
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,915
    idk, most Americans would riot if they were forced into the kind of shit living conditions most of the EU is.

    I mean, it's fine if you are in Germany or Holland, and can exploit the Bulgarian laborer. Not so great if you are the Bulgarian laborer.
    meh

  16. #18436

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I always find it interesting when people from a county of 242K sq. km give shit to people from a country of 9 million sq. km. about their "energy use" or energy policies, especially gasoline/transport or home heating.

    After all, why can't we all just be like the UK? Walk, ride a train, or pay 5 pound a litre for petrol, what's the problem? Just because we're barely the size of a medium size state or part of one province, that doesn't matter, size and scale is irrelevant right.
    Europe is 10 million square kilometers so... maybe just stop being shit?
    Per capita measurements can be truly meaningless at times. If no one lives there is it actually worth including in the density of people? It's not like a forest uses any electricity regardless of it's size. Looking at urbanization numbers instead and how dense the populated areas actually are would make more sense.

    It's been especially annoying with people bringing up Covid and per capita numbers regarding nation size as if it's the land that gets sick...

  17. #18437
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I always find it interesting when people from a county of 242K sq. km give shit to people from a country of 9 million sq. km. about their "energy use" or energy policies, especially gasoline/transport or home heating.

    After all, why can't we all just be like the UK? Walk, ride a train, or pay 5 pound a litre for petrol, what's the problem? Just because we're barely the size of a medium size state or part of one province, that doesn't matter, size and scale is irrelevant right.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_megalopolis

  18. #18438
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,049
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    idk, most Americans would riot if they were forced into the kind of shit living conditions most of the EU is.

    I mean, it's fine if you are in Germany or Holland, and can exploit the Bulgarian laborer. Not so great if you are the Bulgarian laborer.
    But the US already has plenty of people living in Bulgarian laborer conditions

  19. #18439
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Nothing that doesnt immediately abolish capitalism can be described as progressive
    So, if married gay men protecting their marijuana plants with assault rifles simply want to live their best lives, that's not progressive?
    No thats the modern definition of fascism, aka liberalism

  20. #18440
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,113
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I mean, it's fine if you are in Germany or Holland, and can exploit the Bulgarian laborer. Not so great if you are the Bulgarian laborer.
    You mean like the Hispanic workers in the US?

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •