hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 727 of 743 FirstFirst ... 227627677717724725726727728729730737 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,540 of 14850

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    If you lament the people losing coal jobs do you lament the people at the lead paint factory too?

If you weren't completely fucking dumb, you wouldn't take a job training course for a industry that with minimal research would show itself to be dead and also awful. If you are out of a job, at least when I am, I immediately think of what might be more secure and realistic. If you think that's coal mining, your brain mine as well be made of the shit you want to dig up.
    Of course I do. With no real safety net and the nature of the global economy, the consequences are dire and should've been obvious

But more importantly the economic gap between different levels of educational attainment is getting worse by the day, and this is reflected in spiking mortality for the non-college cohort.

So yes, it's not actually healthier if the Cancer Factory ships off to China to leave behind only rehab centers and boarded up businesses. The drops in life expectancy in some of these areas are now measured in multiple years.
    Last edited by mewninn; November 17 2020 at 06:07:20 AM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/u...n-nuclear.html

Run and hide everyone. He's gonna fuck up the world as well before leaving office

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    If you lament the people losing coal jobs do you lament the people at the lead paint factory too?

If you weren't completely fucking dumb, you wouldn't take a job training course for a industry that with minimal research would show itself to be dead and also awful. If you are out of a job, at least when I am, I immediately think of what might be more secure and realistic. If you think that's coal mining, your brain mine as well be made of the shit you want to dig up.
    Of course I do. With no real safety net and the nature of the global economy, the consequences are dire and should've been obvious

But more importantly the economic gap between different levels of educational attainment is getting worse by the day, and this is reflected in spiking mortality for the non-college cohort.

So yes, it's not actually healthier if the Cancer Factory ships off to China to leave behind only rehab centers and boarded up businesses. The drops in life expectancy in some of these areas are now measured in multiple years.
    Right, but then you’ll understand when we look down on morons who turn down retraining to pick the option that lets them train for a dead, shitty, 19th century job, that 99.95% of the rest of the country doesn’t want any more.

The dumb fucker picked coal mining. He needs education and career counseling, not mollycoddling.
    meh

Coal mining is only a dead end job because of bleeding heart liberals and treehuggers. Coal is cheapest and easiest power source we have. Even most undeveloped and bankrupt failed states are able to run coal mines and power plants.

It's dirt cheap and simple 19th century tech.

Now if you don't want acid rains, soot pollution, NOX and others it will cost you. If you also want CO2 capture it will cost you much much more. But none of those are needed other then to satisfy liberal feels. You can generate electricity for the working and consumer class without any of those luxuries.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Coal mining is only a dead end job because of bleeding heart liberals and treehuggers. Coal is cheapest and easiest power source we have. Even most undeveloped and bankrupt failed states are able to run coal mines and power plants.

Now if you don't want acid rains, soot pollution, NOX and others it will cost you. If you also want CO2 capture it will cost you much much more. But none of those are needed other then to satisfy liberal feels. You can generate electricity for the working and consumer class without any of those luxuries.

idk about you, but I don't wan't to live in a polluted shithole, and, as polling would indicate, neither do the vast majority of my countrymen.
    meh

City I live in had been toping the air pollution lists for last couple of winters. Because of 1960'es era coal power plants and household coal usage. So I know that fully.

But in a case where majority of people don't believe in climate change, don't believe in a pandemic, it's easy to convince people that tens of thousands of deaths per year dont really matter.

And in poor or just badly managed states (cleptocracies) nothing but dirtyest coal is available.

City I live in had been toping the air pollution lists for last couple of winters. Because of 1960'es era coal power plants and household coal usage. So I know that fully.

But in a case where majority of people don't believe in climate change, don't believe in a pandemic, it's easy to convince people that tens of thousands of deaths per year dont really matter.

And in poor or just badly managed states (cleptocracies) nothing but dirtyest coal is available.

Yes, like when you sell your good coal to china, and have to use the really crap stuff for domestic power production.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

The "left-wing" side of American politics is fundamentally incapable of going gulag mode.
    How about gulags but with more shareholder value and a minority board member?
    Now that's progressive!
    Lets do it
    Imagine how they could boost the economy and GDP!
    Also, we’ll just reuse the existing camps, thus saving money too!
    You could sell the camps after they are no longer in use as well, to Amazon!
    Why not just let Jeff operate them?
    As Fulfillment Centres!
    okay, are you people the hivemind that runs the joe biden meat-puppet ?
    Come on you must concede that the idea of letting a few tens of millions of trumpanzees pay for their re-education by laboring for the Over-Bezos has a beautiful symmetry. They're always going on about freedom and they're always fetishising "hard work"; well work will make them free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

/s?

As said, /s depends how much voter base cares about acid rains, air pollution and global warming.

My personal beliefs are irrelevant if majority thinks I'm just a bleeding heart liberal eco nutjob.

There should have been commitments to fully phase out coal by now all the way back in '90es, should have...

As said, /s depends how much voter base cares about acid rains, air pollution and global warming.

My personal beliefs are irrelevant if majority thinks I'm just a bleeding heart liberal eco nutjob.

There should have been commitments to fully phase out coal by now all the way back in '90es, should have...

I think you don't realize why coal is even sustainable here isn't because it's cheap, its because it's paid for by the government, just like oil has been. Changing what energy suppliers get paid for by subsidies has a massive effect. Also its not cheap to handle the after effects of coal, but again you have posted some useless trash idea that seems sarcastic by default but its closer to your actual feelings. Also still waiting for your other magic ball predictions "Trump will win by a landslide because of right wing meme operations" and " the military is being deployed to crush the people". Ffs its like you've become as aimgular in your thoughts as Erich or Candy Crush.

I think you don't realize why coal is even sustainable here isn't because it's cheap, its because it's paid for by the government, just like oil has been. Changing what energy suppliers get paid for by subsidies has a massive effect. Also its not cheap to handle the after effects of coal, but again you have posted some useless trash idea that seems sarcastic by default but its closer to your actual feelings. Also still waiting for your other magic ball predictions "Trump will win by a landslide because of right wing meme operations" and " the military is being deployed to crush the people". Ffs its like you've become as aimgular in your thoughts as Erich or Candy Crush.
    I post from phone while working so I do extremely short bitter TLDRs.

If you removed what is now mandatory in developed world, and not mandatory otherplace, the SO2 and NOx reduction, soot filters... coal would be cheap even without government subsidies. Like the good old days of London Smog killing thousands. That level of "air quality" still exist all over the world, even in Europe (Balkans... )

I can agree that it's utterly insane for developed nations to keep coal in use when it can only be economical with the subsidies, but I guess it always comes to :jobs: everywhere and to multi decade contracts. Government implements regulation to stop tens of thousands of dying each year from coal fired power plant exhausts, government has to subsidise the same coal power plants to keep the workplaces open and communities alive.

And with carbon capture and storage coal becomes absurdly expensive and would need even more subsidies to stay competitive.

What I wanted to say is that if you removed all regulations and safeguards and returned coal fired power plants to early 20th century regulations it would be dirt cheap. Just ask India, China, Africa and East Europe about it.

It can be considered a "dead industry" exactly in same way as asbestos fiber factories and lead paint, these products have their utility and price but are simply unsafe and unhealthy.
    Last edited by dzajic; November 17 2020 at 07:56:05 PM.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    It isn't profitable when you actually have to pay for the damages you do, just as any industries should do.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    It isn't profitable when you actually have to pay for the damages you do, just as any industries should do.
    So... solar and wind in 20 years time...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'm not shilling for any one sector in particular. It's very easy to demonise sectors which are getting cleaner (fossil fuels), safer (nuclear) and praise those that are likely to get 'dirtier' and more expensive in the coming decades (solar and wind).

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

The "left-wing" side of American politics is fundamentally incapable of going gulag mode.
    How about gulags but with more shareholder value and a minority board member?
    Now that's progressive!
    Lets do it
    Imagine how they could boost the economy and GDP!
    Also, we’ll just reuse the existing camps, thus saving money too!
    You could sell the camps after they are no longer in use as well, to Amazon!
    Why not just let Jeff operate them?
    As Fulfillment Centres!
    okay, are you people the hivemind that runs the joe biden meat-puppet ?
    Come on you must concede that the idea of letting a few tens of millions of trumpanzees pay for their re-education by laboring for the Over-Bezos has a beautiful symmetry. They're always going on about freedom and they're always fetishising "hard work"; well work will make them free.
    yes, it sounds like something straight out of the scumservative-but-we're-liberals-really! feverdreams that constitute the only thing remotely like ideology in the upper reaches of the democratic party.

so again, are you people the hivemind that drives the joe biden meatpuppet around ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

i give it ten posts before some big oil cuck brings up chernobyl

Ye but the more reactors the more chance of STALKER like chernobyl scenes we'll get.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.