hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 699 of 743 FirstFirst ... 199599649689696697698699700701702709 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,980 of 14850

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    watching this white house broadcast it is still unreal how much of a fucking whiny bitch he is

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    It's funny. When I ask about the point of a federal system,most libertarians often talk about states as if there corporate entities that are in meaningful, competition with each other where in fact the opposite (poor, underperforming, low population states being subsidised by more populous ones)

And yet, when ever bring up deleting the EC for the presidencial election is brought up, they screech about disenfranchisement and state sovereignity as if it means anything in practice. Because why the fuck should a state that's to actually worth living in have less political power per capita than depopulated swaths of land.

This broken link between political power and federal dependancy is just as sustainable as the British taxation on remote, unrepresented colonies.
    Counter Argument: I want to smoke pot and eat shrooms while listening the the Dead.

I can do that soon in Oregon because :States:

Without States, in a country like ours, Pot would never be legalized and prison terms for Pot possession would be harsh.

States are the Laboratories of Democracy. The part people here have forgotten is their own right to get up and move if they don't like their State or how it's run.

In before the rivers of tears that no one can do that anymore because poors, when in truth, poors can move easier then anyone, they literally have nothing holding them in place. Trust me, my extremely poors family moved plenty when I was a kid, and only stopped when they had some asset holding them there.

I like States, and I like States trying out different things in smaller economies. I dislike a Collossal Federal in charge of everything, it's inefficient, ineffective and, like today with Trump, grotesque if the wrong man is in power.

We could choose to stop subsidizing stupid States with defacto Inter-State fund transfers via the Federal if we wanted to, and still retain the value of sovereign States.

Any Euro who TRULY thinks States are a bad idea, great.....get lobbying for a Unified Europe under a single top-level Government with no national Governments, sovereignty or lawmaking. Let us know how much progress you make, lol!
    Why do you need the EC to garrentee 'Laboratories of Democracy'? A popular vote would change fuck all in that regard and would actually insentivise States not to fucking suck.

Its not like you won't still have the hilariously unrepresentative senate.

not a chance he would lose and leave voluntarily

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    watching this white house broadcast it is still unreal how much of a fucking whiny bitch he is
    Watched some, felt sick and turned it off. Going to bed now, and I hope the world will be slightly more sane when i wake up tomorrow

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Watched some, felt sick and turned it off. Going to bed now, and I hope the world will be slightly more sane when i wake up tomorrow
    honest to god he's just been whinging for about 15 mins now without a breath - how the fuck does anyone look at this excuse for a man and see a leader lmao

ed - and no press q's obvs
    Last edited by teds :D; November 6 2020 at 12:06:39 AM.

how has america changed so much in the past 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    honest to god he's just been whinging for about 15 mins now without a breath - how the fuck does anyone look at this excuse for a man and see a leader lmao

ed - and no press q's obvs
    This is a wonderful trainwreck of a statement.

how has america changed so much in the past 12 years?

We've had 12 years of the fox news / facebook echo chamber building low-attainment humans with a perception of reality that is, at best, severely warped. The real trick is that nothing truly foundational has changed in the 45-ish years since Nixon, Republicans still use cultural wedge issues to drive voters to give them power, and then use that power to give themselves more, while Democrats argue about process and decency and all the while get their office furnishings stolen out from under them.

Trump, and this era of crisis, is not an aberration or a shift, it is a perfectly logical and forseeable outcome of decades of the neoliberal project, transferring wealth upwards and dismantling the state so it doesn't get in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

'murica, can't even do a fascist takeover right.
    that, was fucking pathetic, it was just a commitment to taking shit to court and 30 minutes of an adult crying on worldwide TV.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    'murica, can't even do a fascist takeover right.
    that, was fucking pathetic, it was just a commitment to taking shit to court and 30 minutes of an adult crying on worldwide TV.
    it was honestly - and even by his standards - fucking pathetic

The memes have been truly remarkable here, much love.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Venec again.
    dambit
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Venec again.
    dambit
    GYB
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Last edited by Nordstern; November 6 2020 at 02:28:32 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

They have been saving these up for a while, seen they have hardly done any posts in the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US: 240K deaths, out of 330M people
    Europe: 280K deaths, out of 740M people
    EU: ~210K deaths, out of 450M people
    thank you Duckduck.

also important to note, the CDC's numbers cannot be considered reliable due to government interference, it's safe to assume they skew low.
    US excess deaths for this year compared to the last have been 300k+, europe 170k, which means that in here we have actually lessened the impact of other deadly factors, mainly the influenca

Nevermind all the poor fuckers that have to live on a single lung