hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 698 of 744 FirstFirst ... 198598648688695696697698699700701708 ... LastLast
Results 13,941 to 13,960 of 14874

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    /pol/ is having a meltdown lmao

LMAO

FUCKING LMAO
    Well at least post a few choice tidbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    /pol/ is having a meltdown lmao

LMAO

FUCKING LMAO
    Well at least post a few choice tidbits

Rest: https://imgur.com/a/9BfVPTd

Some random screencaps.

Memes on previous page were better. Keep them coming.

Trump can still win. Arizona can flip. Biden may get close but not overtake in Pennsylvania. Its extremely unlikely Biden will overtake in Georgia even though it will end up insanely narrow.

And then come the recounts and lawsuits. And then it goes to supreme court. Which we know every well how they will vote.

And even if Biden wins you will get old turtle Mitch block senate for 2 years and then get a republican house in 2022 and crown Trump again (or someone crazier...) in '24.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Trump can still win. Arizona can flip. Biden may get close but not overtake in Pennsylvania. Its extremely unlikely Biden will overtake in Georgia even though it will end up insanely narrow.

And then come the recounts and lawsuits. And then it goes to supreme court. Which we know every well how they will vote.
    Sure. And that's why you can get 12 to 1 on a bet that Trump will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    It will kill a lot more people globally before its done, but, I'm glad you can gloat.
    Reminder that you were the one who started this train a page ago. Don't cry about it now.
    I'm just saying no one's government really looks that competent rn.
    New Zealand?

South Korea?

Taiwan?

Japan?
    An isolated island Nation.

An isolated nation blocked by land by North Korea.

An island.

An island.

I think it's fair to say these countries had some advantages the U.S. and Europe as a whole didn't.

Like being somewhat smallish island nations.

And having cultures that in some cases already had embraced the mask concept before COVID.

And having cultures, generally speaking, lacking the "dumbass independent spirit" of the Americans or even the British, for example, who are all too stupid to follow easy rules.
    No.

It's called governments who acted early and were very clear with what to do (outside Japan, but they rectified that).

Stop looking for shitty ass excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

Sure. And that's why you can get 12 to 1 on a bet that Trump will win.
    12 to 1? Bookies are crazy. Without the entire little COVID-19 problem I was planning on going and placing good money on Trump victory. So that my monetary gains could compensate my sadness. But sadly Serbia is a bit of ... hot zone right now, so I have zero intention of physically visiting a bookie and domestically used online payment systems are pathetically unsecure. And I can't bet "outside" since all money flowing in and out is taxed on top of bank fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    It will kill a lot more people globally before its done, but, I'm glad you can gloat.
    Reminder that you were the one who started this train a page ago. Don't cry about it now.
    I'm just saying no one's government really looks that competent rn.
    New Zealand?

South Korea?

Taiwan?

Japan?
    An isolated island Nation.

An isolated nation blocked by land by North Korea.

An island.

An island.

I think it's fair to say these countries had some advantages the U.S. and Europe as a whole didn't.

Like being somewhat smallish island nations.

And having cultures that in some cases already had embraced the mask concept before COVID.

And having cultures, generally speaking, lacking the "dumbass independent spirit" of the Americans or even the British, for example, who are all too stupid to follow easy rules.
    No.

It's called governments who acted early and were very clear with what to do (outside Japan, but they rectified that).

Stop looking for shitty ass excuses.
    No one was making excuses nor defending the U.S. on COVID. We all know the U.S. sucked horribly at handling COVID, it's not a debate.

And if you don't think the items I listed above were advantages those nations had in their handling, I'd offer that you're simply wrong. Too angry and trolling to even think about the issue logically.

More than one thing can be true, they could have advantages, and they could have Governments that did great jobs. These are not mutually exclusive issues.

When your lizardman handler cannot contain his contempt any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Hopefully, Trump falls to financial ruin and gets charged with a crime so he can't pull a Grover Cleveland in 2024, because if not he'll be spewing shit for 4 years and definitely will do that. Perhaps the people who are truly worshipping him will donate all their money to their fat orange god and make sure they can't fund other right-wing campaigns and the Republicans can field some bland Jeb Bush clone again. and someone like AOC or a progressive will be able to pull off what Trump did on the left.

Crazy dreams, 2022 needs to be a target for the Senate races, without Trump running the Republicans will fail to mobilize the base as well until they find a replacement. Really insane with how close this has been that Georgia of all places could turn blue.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

It's funny. When I ask about the point of a federal system,most libertarians often talk about states as if there corporate entities that are in meaningful, competition with each other where in fact the opposite (poor, underperforming, low population states being subsidised by more populous ones)

And yet, when ever bring up deleting the EC for the presidencial election is brought up, they screech about disenfranchisement and state sovereignity as if it means anything in practice. Because why the fuck should a state that's to actually worth living in have less political power per capita than depopulated swaths of land.

This broken link between political power and federal dependancy is just as sustainable as the British taxation on remote, unrepresented colonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    It's funny. When I ask about the point of a federal system,most libertarians often talk about states as if there corporate entities that are in meaningful, competition with each other where in fact the opposite (poor, underperforming, low population states being subsidised by more populous ones)

And yet, when ever bring up deleting the EC for the presidencial election is brought up, they screech about disenfranchisement and state sovereignity as if it means anything in practice. Because why the fuck should a state that's to actually worth living in have less political power per capita than depopulated swaths of land.

This broken link between political power and federal dependancy is just as sustainable as the British taxation on remote, unrepresented colonies.
    Counter Argument: I want to smoke pot and eat shrooms while listening the the Dead.

I can do that soon in Oregon because :States:

Without States, in a country like ours, Pot would never be legalized and prison terms for Pot possession would be harsh.

States are the Laboratories of Democracy. The part people here have forgotten is their own right to get up and move if they don't like their State or how it's run.

In before the rivers of tears that no one can do that anymore because poors, when in truth, poors can move easier then anyone, they literally have nothing holding them in place. Trust me, my extremely poors family moved plenty when I was a kid, and only stopped when they had some asset holding them there.

I like States, and I like States trying out different things in smaller economies. I dislike a Collossal Federal in charge of everything, it's inefficient, ineffective and, like today with Trump, grotesque if the wrong man is in power.

We could choose to stop subsidizing stupid States with defacto Inter-State fund transfers via the Federal if we wanted to, and still retain the value of sovereign States.

Any Euro who TRULY thinks States are a bad idea, great.....get lobbying for a Unified Europe under a single top-level Government with no national Governments, sovereignty or lawmaking. Let us know how much progress you make, lol!

Sad to see politics have gone from this

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...235236354?s=20

to, well all of this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database