hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 620 of 665 FirstFirst ... 120520570610617618619620621622623630 ... LastLast
Results 12,381 to 12,400 of 13287

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

>implying US healthcare would handle covid better under clinton
    top fucking kek

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >implying US healthcare would handle covid better under clinton
    top fucking kek
    If you'd care to illustrate how trump improved it please elaborate. Otherwise it's just not something any sane person would assume.

Both parties believe you can't intervene in the market.

Forceful intervention like economic planning, ordering hospitals/insurers to not charge patients, it's just unthinkable.

I don't agree that she would've handled it the same. But it would've been a somewhat better kind of shitty.
    Last edited by mewninn; September 25 2020 at 01:45:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    economic planning
    COMMUNISM

Indeed, Clinton's administration would no doubt have created a byzantine means-tested system explicitly engineered to maximize the amount of medical debt while at the same time making seeking treatment mandatory.

of course, its less likely that she would have bungled the initial response and quarantine measures quite as hard as Trump did, though early opening of the economy would have been on the cards due to precisely the same pressures that is making trump pretend the pandemic is not real.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I mean would she of convinced nearly a third of the country it was a hoax and encouraged Americans to not wear masks? Its not just our Healthcare system, it's the fuxking insane personal behavior as well. Pretend all you want that itd be 200k dead under a centrist system, most democrats in power don't gladly sign off on that and show it as a positive. Id still be fucked finicially to a degree but when you live in Russia I guess you eat what you're fed.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Both parties believe you can't intervene in the market. Forceful intervention like economic planning, ordering hospitals/insurers to not charge patients, it's just unthinkable
    The US under a republican president have used forcefull intervention and economic planning before (post WW2), so I don't know why you'd say it's unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Both parties believe you can't intervene in the market. Forceful intervention like economic planning, ordering hospitals/insurers to not charge patients, it's just unthinkable
    The US under a republican president have used forcefull intervention and economic planning before (post WW2), so I don't know why you'd say it's unthinkable.
    This post was sponsored by letter b and word bailout.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52070718

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    If Clinton were president, and had encouraged the populace to wash their hands, half would refuse in spite, so i dont see that it would have made much of a difference.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I mean would she of convinced nearly a third of the country it was a hoax and encouraged Americans to not wear masks? Its not just our Healthcare system, it's the fuxking insane personal behavior as well. Pretend all you want that itd be 200k dead under a centrist system, most democrats in power don't gladly sign off on that and show it as a positive. Id still be fucked finicially to a degree but when you live in Russia I guess you eat what you're fed.
    the Republican party in opposition would absolutely have done all that and more, the "deep red" states would have point blank refused to do anything except implement measures intented to maximize spread to make Clinton look bad in the upcoming election. there is a not unreasonable chance that the death count would have been equal or even higher in such a scenario because they would not have had to deal with Trumps narcissism to get the damage done.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Believe it or not, there are other countries in the world where Trump isn't president and the discussion/protests about wearing masks, shutdowns, economic damage vs covid bodycount, statistics, "muh freedom" etc takes place just the same. Retards gonna retard and the virus doesn't care either way if the prez is Dem or Rep.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

How about those respirators Clinton would have seized from the states like Trump did. Totally would have been the same.

Oh, wait, you're all totally full of shit, and it's safe to ignore whatever any of you think.
    meh

Is Trump also causing the new wave/spike in COVID cases in Europe too, or no? Would Clinton have caused the Euro spike too?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/europe-...ns-11600940232

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing

Yeah, I'm sure if Clinton was president, Americans would have been automatically healthier, not as fat, younger, eat better food and get more vitamin D and generally suddenly have cheap awesome medical facilities available to everyone all over the country.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

The US intervenes in the markets all the time. And our markets (especially in health insurance) are heavily regulated.

We may not agree with the system itself, or the specific regulations, or other details, but the ongoing FHC fantasy that the US is some kind of unregulated pure Capitalist state that never gets involved in the 'invisible hand" of the market is just........yeah. Ideologues gonna ideologue.

I'm with her!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    We may not agree with the system itself, or the specific regulations, or other details, but the ongoing FHC fantasy that the US is some kind of unregulated pure Capitalist state that never gets involved in the 'invisible hand" of the market is just........yeah. Ideologues gonna ideologue.
    Capitalism has never been about free markets lol
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Cage of freedom
    That's our prison
    We're the jailer and captive combined
    Cage of freedom
    Cast in power
    All the trappings of our own design
    Blind ambition
    Steals our reason
    We're soon behind those invisible bars
    On the inside
    Looking outside
    To make it safer we double the guard
    Cage of freedom
    There's no escaping
    We fabricated a world of our own...

Cage of freedom, growing smaller
    'Til every wall now touches the skin
    Cage of freedom, filled with treason
    Changing sides as the losses begin
    Our suspicion tries escaping
    But they step up the security
    There's no exit--there's no entrance
    Remember how we swallowed the key?
    Cage of freedom, that's our prison
    We fabricated this world on our own...

Big brother
    Is there a bigger one watching you
    Or is there one smaller
    Who I should be watching too
    Infinite circles of
    Snakes eating their own tails
    For every one chasing
    Another is on the trail
    Is that a friend
    Can you tell, is he on your side?
    'Cause I spy with my little eye
    Yet another spy...

If you read the entire post, I'm describing the mindset of each party right now, as they currently stand. All of that New Deal shit has been memory-holed, that's why it's unthinkable. In their mind you can't just exert government power over hospital corporations or simply tell manufacturers what to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

The US intervenes in the markets all the time. And our markets (especially in health insurance) are heavily regulated.

One of the central premises of the ACA was offering better choices to the healthcare consumer (lol) so insurance companies would have to compete for these customers. In the market logic, more competition means prices would go down, lower prices means happier consumers. But we know the opposite has happened since the ACA went into effect

The Netherlands and Switzerland have a similar system, where you are mandated to buy insurance. So where's the difference? Well, they regulate these insurance companies to death. They have a functioning civil service that can set price controls for procedures and plans. That's a little different from the mindset of "Well...the markets will sort it out"

Nice try though!
    Last edited by mewninn; September 25 2020 at 02:46:08 PM.

Alistair thinks all of the neoliberalese in our laws is actual regulation instead of padding and regulatory carveouts for the 1,000 different interests who have influence in Congress