hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 607 of 669 FirstFirst ... 107507557597604605606607608609610617657 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,140 of 13378

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Fucking Lark. Can you stop peddling antisemitic conspiracy theories already? It's was getting old in 1933. We are currently in 2020

Graduate student unions

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Roger Stone Calls For Trump To 'Declare Martial Law' To Seize Power If He Loses

If you had asked two years ago if Trump would be willing to (try to) stage a coup to seize dictatorial powers I would have laughed it off. But now I think it's not only plausible but likely

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Graduate student unions
    Excuse me sir when I see rats I immediately think of die Juden, can you please stop using such antisemitic imagery?

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Not on dr Mengele level yet but I guess it's just a matter of time.

I'd post psyduck, but I'm way past that. US goverment deserves a good burning down.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

right-hand guy

that's a AK-74 gas-block and muzzle device, what's center-guy carrying ? some sporter-style bolt action with a scout scope ? and left hand guy has a pump action shotgun, but hey there's a AR-15 style muzzle on the left!

edit : honestly, if it was not for the MIG-29's and origins, it could well have been a nod at making assorted militia groups part of the "troops worship".
    Last edited by Liare; September 15 2020 at 12:45:31 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

So, are the measures Trump and his cunts are taking to remove peoples ability to vote is fine, but the Russian supporting green cunts getting punished is “fascism”, eh?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Roger Stone Calls For Trump To 'Declare Martial Law' To Seize Power If He Loses

If you had asked two years ago if Trump would be willing to (try to) stage a coup to seize dictatorial powers I would have laughed it off. But now I think it's not only plausible but likely
    Me too.

In many ways I can't wait till election day, and a hope that it will end Trump, but in others, it's actually quite materially anxiety inducing.

I think there very well could/will be violence, no matter what happens. I hope not, but I think there will.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    So, are the measures Trump and his cunts are taking to remove peoples ability to vote is fine, but the Russian supporting green cunts getting punished is “fascism”, eh?
    lol lord save us from the smooth brain "fascism vs. democracy" dichotomy.

Centrists have been pining for less choice and democracy ever since 2016. Machine politics have been getting rehabilitated and marketed towards liberals for that reason.

It's less hostile than the old-style "Fuck you we run this town" because it has to be marketed to the soft-headed Democracy Lovers with rhetoric like "Voters need help: How party insiders can make presidential primaries safer, fairer, and more democratic"

You don't have to scream out the Horst Wessel Lied to be hostile to democracy in my book

Centrists have been pining for less choice and democracy ever since 2016. Machine politics have been getting rehabilitated and marketed towards liberals for that reason.

It's less hostile than the old-style "Fuck you we run this town" because it has to be marketed to the soft-headed Democracy Lovers with rhetoric like "Voters need help: How party insiders can make presidential primaries safer, fairer, and more democratic"

You don't have to scream out the Horst Wessel Lied to be hostile to democracy in my book
    I’m definitely not a fan of the two party thing, I think it’s more or less the root of the US issues, in a lot of ways, but that doesn’t excuse the greens.

Give us other, not shit parties. Not going to happen right now though. Nor is it financially in the interests of either party to let it happen.
    meh

I’m definitely not a fan of the two party thing, I think it’s more or less the root of the US issues, in a lot of ways, but that doesn’t excuse the greens.

Give us other, not shit parties. Not going to happen right now though. Nor is it financially in the interests of either party to let it happen.
    Not ever gonna happen. The US political system is unreformable thanks to the two parties, first past the post voting, jerrymandering, voter suppression (both parties do it), campaign finance, mainstream media party line propaganda etc. It's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Not ever gonna happen. The US political system is unreformable thanks to the two parties, first past the post voting, jerrymandering, voter suppression (both parties do it), campaign finance, mainstream media party line propaganda etc. It's done.
    Just curious, but are people actually viewing the removal of the Green Party from the ballots as a good thing?

Personally, I wish the US had a more multi-party system akin to a parliament, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbeast View Post

Just curious, but are people actually viewing the removal of the Green Party from the ballots as a good thing?

Personally, I wish the US had a more multi-party system akin to a parliament, but it is what it is.
    Yep. It's easy to go from the "Third party vote is wasted vote" thing to that

People who were gonna vote Green will choose to assert some autonomy in other ways, write-in or not voting at all being the top choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbeast View Post

Yep. It's easy to go from the "Third party vote is wasted vote" thing to that

People who were gonna vote Green will choose to assert some autonomy in other ways, write-in or not voting at all being the top choices.
    Just saw this clip:

So the Green Party is now allied and/or puppet of the GOP?

And the comments on that video...