hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 495 of 560 FirstFirst ... 395445485492493494495496497498505545 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 11194

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Maybe when it was started, during the Vietnam war, it had some relevance, but FP is the same kind of hot take a magazine like Forbes provides.

i.e. not very.
    meh

lolol Trumpet threatening to take everyones toys away (I.e. “heavily regulate or shut down social media”) unless twitter stops checking his bullshit.

Amazing autocrat scenes.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

lolol Trumpet threatening to take everyones toys away (I.e. “heavily regulate or shut down social media”) unless twitter stops checking his bullshit.

Amazing autocrat scenes.
    Real men pvp in barges.

good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

Amazing autocrat scenes.
    You think we could push him do it with some 'do it faggot' tweets? Worked for Calmdown!

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post

Amazing autocrat scenes.
    You think we could push him do it with some 'do it faggot' tweets? Worked for Calmdown!
    MEgalol

*roleplay

What a sad little faggot.

I wonder if we can get him to kill himself with enough negative pressure.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post

Amazing autocrat scenes.
    MEgalol
    Since I hate social media in general, nothing of value would be lost. SHC was a shining beacon of model behavior for heads of state to emulate.
    Real men pvp in barges.

He so mad! This is glorious!
    Nobody forces him to use Twitter..

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

If I was Jack Dorsey, I’d permaban him and take out full page newspaper ads taunting “little tiny hands Donny” about it.

Then announce I was running as an independent.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; May 27 2020 at 01:42:40 PM.
    meh

So, if he wants the government to step in and regulate social media on the basis of freeze peach, is he implying that the government has that authority due to social media (and perhaps by extension internet companies) being the same as utilities? After all, freeze peach protection only works government visavi citizens after all.

Interesting notion that! I wonder of that would have any unintended consequences.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Imagine how butthurt he is right now, all them glorious tears

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Now that's perfectly free, cold hard dollar backed, speech.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    If I was Jack Dorsey, I’d permaban him and take out full page newspaper ads taunting “little tiny hands Donny” about it.

Then announce I was running as an independent.
    Of all the social media 'tycoons' Jack Dorsey comes across as one of the better ones when it comes to 'free speech'.

So, if he wants the government to step in and regulate social media on the basis of freeze peach, is he implying that the government has that authority due to social media (and perhaps by extension internet companies) being the same as utilities? After all, freeze peach protection only works government visavi citizens after all.

Interesting notion that! I wonder of that would have any unintended consequences.
    The whole what is an essential public utility debate is going to be interesting moving forward.

During the recent bushfires one of the methods being used to send out alerts by the RFS was twitter. With power lines being burnt and people needing to leave their homes you need a method of communication - everyone has a mobile phone so lets use that.

You could also send 000 messages via twitter if you were in danger and needed the emergency services.

Increasingly you need electronic banking. Cheques are being phased out and most employers and Government departments expect to make electronic transfers for payments.

Access to Government services and information is also increasingly online too.

If fact within a few years you will need a phone, internet access and social media to be able to take part in society.

Even though most of these services are provided by private companies (we'll ignore the huge Government contracts and bailouts for now) do private businesses have the right to in effect expel people from society?

Also - as the COVID lockdown here helped to expose - there is a huge technology gap to go with all the other divides between the rich and the poor. People were told to keep their children at home and for them to be homeschooled and receive online tuition. But something like 10% of parents lacked a computer or internet access.

Should the Government therefore provide internet and computers if being a member of society almost demands having them?

This is an issue that goes beyond freedom of speech or censorship.
    Last edited by Maximillian; May 27 2020 at 02:30:23 PM.

[QUOTE=Maximillian;1896282]
    If fact within a few years you will need a phone, internet access and social media to be able to take part in society.

I hope not, cause i quit FB late last year, and havent missed it once

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

[QUOTE=Armyofme;1896298]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

I hope not, cause i quit FB late last year, and havent missed it once
    I'm not a fan either, but trying to run a business without some kind of social media presence is a bitch.

Amazing autocrat scenes.
    It's tough though, because I'm not all that comfortable with giving Corporate Boardrooms and Billionaires the power to decide what is or isn't true or factual or allowed to be posted, as they see it and enforce it.

Trump is the last guy whose speech I'd defend tbqh, but this is really Political Autocrat vs. Corporate Oligarch.

There are no "good guys" here.

But then again, Trump is speaking to his base on this, and they're eating it up with the "muh' freedoms" agenda.

Also, Max, bringing the gudposting. +1
    Last edited by Alistair; May 27 2020 at 04:08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

The whole what is an essential public utility debate is going to be interesting moving forward.

During the recent bushfires one of the methods being used to send out alerts by the RFS was twitter. With power lines being burnt and people needing to leave their homes you need a method of communication - everyone has a mobile phone so lets use that.

You could also send 000 messages via twitter if you were in danger and needed the emergency services.

Increasingly you need electronic banking. Cheques are being phased out and most employers and Government departments expect to make electronic transfers for payments.

Access to Government services and information is also increasingly online too.

Even though most of these services are provided by private companies (we'll ignore the huge Government contracts and bailouts for now) do private businesses have the right to in effect expel people from society?

Also - as the COVID lockdown here helped to expose - there is a huge technology gap to go with all the other divides between the rich and the poor. People were told to keep their children at home and for them to be homeschooled and receive online tuition. But something like 10% of parents lacked a computer or internet access.

Should the Government therefore provide internet and computers if being a member of society almost demands having them?

This is an issue that goes beyond freedom of speech or censorship.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Maximillian again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    It's tough though, because I'm not all that comfortable with giving Corporate Boardrooms and Billionaires the power to decide what is or isn't true or factual or allowed to be posted, as they see it and enforce it.
    Dying from irony.