hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 489 of 559 FirstFirst ... 389439479486487488489490491492499539 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,780 of 11178

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #9761
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Biden is calling Trump 'President Tweety'. How will he ever recover?!


    Named for the bird who constantly outsmarted Sylvester (the molester) Cat?


  2. #9762
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,078
    Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

    CNN

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/busin...obs/index.html


  3. #9763
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

    CNN

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/busin...obs/index.html
    Is it too early to predict the election?

    Yes.

  4. #9764
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

    CNN

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/busin...obs/index.html
    Is it too early to predict the election?

    Yes.
    I'm going to say no. And Trump will win it.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  5. #9765
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,655
    What was Hillary's lead a month before the election?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  6. #9766
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

    CNN

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/busin...obs/index.html
    Is it too early to predict the election?

    Yes.
    I'm going to say no. And Trump will win it.
    This. And he will win the majority of the popular vote. Expect very low turnout. Some people afraid of COVID, some not really willing to vote for rapist Biden...

  7. #9767
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,552
    Democrats won the only election they were really motivated to win.

    Now you can see them coasting into the general. Biden is completely absent, and Pelosi is doing the bare minimum

  8. #9768
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,598
    Biden being absent seems the smart move honestly. Why would you wheel that guy out in front of the American public so he can talk about his hairy legs again?


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  9. #9769
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,552
    It's what you would call the least bad option.

    But a candidate who can speak and knows what day it is... they would be reminding everyone daily that Trump has killed 100k people

  10. #9770
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Democrats won the only election they were really motivated to win.

    Now you can see them coasting into the general. Biden is completely absent, and Pelosi is doing the bare minimum
    "It's almost like a child who comes in with mud on their pants or something. ... He comes in with doggy doo on his shoes, and everybody who works with him has [it] on their shoes, too, for a very long time to come."

    Ms Pelosi's newest insults likening the president to a child with dog feces on his shoes were made in exasperation over a question from a reporter about the appropriateness of the president's claims on Twitter that MSNBC host Joe Scarborough had murdered a congressional aide when he was a House member.

  11. #9771
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,870
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

    This. And he will win the majority of the popular vote. Expect very low turnout. Some people afraid of COVID, some not really willing to vote for rapist Biden...
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...es-allegations
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  12. #9772
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

    This. And he will win the majority of the popular vote. Expect very low turnout. Some people afraid of COVID, some not really willing to vote for rapist Biden...
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...es-allegations
    wew. It's KQED donation drive season.
    meh

  13. #9773
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

    This. And he will win the majority of the popular vote. Expect very low turnout. Some people afraid of COVID, some not really willing to vote for rapist Biden...
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...es-allegations
    wew. It's KQED donation drive season.
    "A former staffer said that when Biden does things like stroking women’s hair, there’s a complicated dynamic at play."

  14. #9774
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,066
    Out of all the shitty articles professing a permanent and unavoidable change from Covid-19 is here and this is why, the ones I hate the most are the ones saying why the election is for either Trump or Biden. No one knows, and the appeal of those articles is having someone tell you what the uncertain future is. Anyone guessing the election now has a 50/50 shot, or lets say a 49/49 shot with 2% for a nice civil war. The only thing that matters is to do anything ya can to convince others to vote with you. Telling people it's in or out of the bag like you are a magic oracle is useless shit.

  15. #9775
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Out of all the shitty articles professing a permanent and unavoidable change from Covid-19 is here and this is why, the ones I hate the most are the ones saying why the election is for either Trump or Biden. No one knows, and the appeal of those articles is having someone tell you what the uncertain future is. Anyone guessing the election now has a 50/50 shot, or lets say a 49/49 shot with 2% for a nice civil war. The only thing that matters is to do anything ya can to convince others to vote with you. Telling people it's in or out of the bag like you are a magic oracle is useless shit.
    Yeah but I think Trump will win and I'm probably right.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  16. #9776
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,018
    That’s fair.

    Still gonna vote.

  17. #9777
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,076
    People will be amazed at just how quickly everything is going to return to a kind of normal.

    Just 4 months ago large sections of the East Coast of Oz were on fire. There are still towns left in ashes now. But it may as well have been ancient history. A new crisis took its place - COVID - and in a few months another crisis will take COVIDs place - maybe a showdown with China.

    Some I think had hoped that COVID and the economic pain would lead to some type of revolution, that people would pour from their houses and storm the organs of Government. Instead they pour from their houses to storm the bars, beaches and barbers.

    Trump's greatest asset is the inability of the establishment not to be distracted by the constant stream of scandal and stupidity that flows from Trump like a broken sewer. The Media for example is like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park and Trump is the flare, Trump tweets some crap and the media goes into a frenzy over it for 24 hours, until Trump tweets new crap and a new frenzy starts.

    What will be important around November probably hasn't happened yet. People may well be dying from COVID but people will be used to it by then. The economy will dominate most likely in voters minds.

  18. #9778
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    People will be amazed at just how quickly everything is going to return to a kind of normal.

    Just 4 months ago large sections of the East Coast of Oz were on fire. There are still towns left in ashes now. But it may as well have been ancient history. A new crisis took its place - COVID - and in a few months another crisis will take COVIDs place - maybe a showdown with China.

    Some I think had hoped that COVID and the economic pain would lead to some type of revolution, that people would pour from their houses and storm the organs of Government. Instead they pour from their houses to storm the bars, beaches and barbers.

    Trump's greatest asset is the inability of the establishment not to be distracted by the constant stream of scandal and stupidity that flows from Trump like a broken sewer. The Media for example is like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park and Trump is the flare, Trump tweets some crap and the media goes into a frenzy over it for 24 hours, until Trump tweets new crap and a new frenzy starts.

    What will be important around November probably hasn't happened yet. People may well be dying from COVID but people will be used to it by then. The economy will dominate most likely in voters minds.
    If you think Covid is going to be gone by the fall, you are flat out in denial of reality. The economy probably will become a major if not the largest source of concern for many people, it's already tied with Covid-19 for myself, and I am immuno-compromised, but also jobless with no end in sight. That being said, the two are linked, and will be for some time. No one is going out in droves to bars and restaurants here, and even in states with lifted lockdowns, things are very far from returning to normal. This is going to be around for a bit.

    That being said, I'm hopeful enough for a vaccine breakthrough I've signed up for human trial screening, really hope they need to test it on healthy but at risk individuals, would love to have this in a controlled environment or not have to get it at all. Still it will take up to a year (maybe more) to manufacture, distribute and adminster a few billion vaccine doses.

  19. #9779

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,614
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...s-kick-in.html

    In late March, the Trump administration authorized the deployment of members of the National Guard to help local authorities conduct coronavirus tests, set up field hospitals, and perform other critical public health tasks that carried a risk of infection. More than 40,000 service members have been deployed in total, but Politico now reports that they will all be recalled on June 24—one day before the first group sent into the field would reach the 90-day active-duty minimum that’s required to qualify for GI Bill education benefits and for a retirement benefit that was also created in 2008.

  20. #9780

    Join Date
    August 18, 2014
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...s-kick-in.html

    In late March, the Trump administration authorized the deployment of members of the National Guard to help local authorities conduct coronavirus tests, set up field hospitals, and perform other critical public health tasks that carried a risk of infection. More than 40,000 service members have been deployed in total, but Politico now reports that they will all be recalled on June 24—one day before the first group sent into the field would reach the 90-day active-duty minimum that’s required to qualify for GI Bill education benefits and for a retirement benefit that was also created in 2008.
    Definitely something they can use for their next recruitment video.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •