hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 489 of 559 FirstFirst ... 389439479486487488489490491492499539 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,780 of 11178

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Biden is calling Trump 'President Tweety'. How will he ever recover?!

Named for the bird who constantly outsmarted Sylvester (the molester) Cat?

Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/busin...obs/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

CNN

Is it too early to predict the election?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

CNN

Yes.
    I'm going to say no. And Trump will win it.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    What was Hillary's lead a month before the election?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

CNN

Yes.
    I'm going to say no. And Trump will win it.
    This. And he will win the majority of the popular vote. Expect very low turnout. Some people afraid of COVID, some not really willing to vote for rapist Biden...

Democrats won the only election they were really motivated to win.

Now you can see them coasting into the general. Biden is completely absent, and Pelosi is doing the bare minimum

Biden being absent seems the smart move honestly. Why would you wheel that guy out in front of the American public so he can talk about his hairy legs again?

It's what you would call the least bad option.

But a candidate who can speak and knows what day it is... they would be reminding everyone daily that Trump has killed 100k people

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Democrats won the only election they were really motivated to win.

Now you can see them coasting into the general. Biden is completely absent, and Pelosi is doing the bare minimum
    "It's almost like a child who comes in with mud on their pants or something. ... He comes in with doggy doo on his shoes, and everybody who works with him has [it] on their shoes, too, for a very long time to come."

Ms Pelosi's newest insults likening the president to a child with dog feces on his shoes were made in exasperation over a question from a reporter about the appropriateness of the president's claims on Twitter that MSNBC host Joe Scarborough had murdered a congressional aide when he was a House member.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

This. And he will win the majority of the popular vote. Expect very low turnout. Some people afraid of COVID, some not really willing to vote for rapist Biden...
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...es-allegations
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

wew. It's KQED donation drive season.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

wew. It's KQED donation drive season.
    "A former staffer said that when Biden does things like stroking women’s hair, there’s a complicated dynamic at play."

Out of all the shitty articles professing a permanent and unavoidable change from Covid-19 is here and this is why, the ones I hate the most are the ones saying why the election is for either Trump or Biden. No one knows, and the appeal of those articles is having someone tell you what the uncertain future is. Anyone guessing the election now has a 50/50 shot, or lets say a 49/49 shot with 2% for a nice civil war. The only thing that matters is to do anything ya can to convince others to vote with you. Telling people it's in or out of the bag like you are a magic oracle is useless shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Out of all the shitty articles professing a permanent and unavoidable change from Covid-19 is here and this is why, the ones I hate the most are the ones saying why the election is for either Trump or Biden. No one knows, and the appeal of those articles is having someone tell you what the uncertain future is. Anyone guessing the election now has a 50/50 shot, or lets say a 49/49 shot with 2% for a nice civil war. The only thing that matters is to do anything ya can to convince others to vote with you. Telling people it's in or out of the bag like you are a magic oracle is useless shit.
    Yeah but I think Trump will win and I'm probably right.

That’s fair.

Still gonna vote.

People will be amazed at just how quickly everything is going to return to a kind of normal.

Just 4 months ago large sections of the East Coast of Oz were on fire. There are still towns left in ashes now. But it may as well have been ancient history. A new crisis took its place - COVID - and in a few months another crisis will take COVIDs place - maybe a showdown with China.

Some I think had hoped that COVID and the economic pain would lead to some type of revolution, that people would pour from their houses and storm the organs of Government. Instead they pour from their houses to storm the bars, beaches and barbers.

Trump's greatest asset is the inability of the establishment not to be distracted by the constant stream of scandal and stupidity that flows from Trump like a broken sewer. The Media for example is like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park and Trump is the flare, Trump tweets some crap and the media goes into a frenzy over it for 24 hours, until Trump tweets new crap and a new frenzy starts.

What will be important around November probably hasn't happened yet. People may well be dying from COVID but people will be used to it by then. The economy will dominate most likely in voters minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    People will be amazed at just how quickly everything is going to return to a kind of normal.

Just 4 months ago large sections of the East Coast of Oz were on fire. There are still towns left in ashes now. But it may as well have been ancient history. A new crisis took its place - COVID - and in a few months another crisis will take COVIDs place - maybe a showdown with China.

Some I think had hoped that COVID and the economic pain would lead to some type of revolution, that people would pour from their houses and storm the organs of Government. Instead they pour from their houses to storm the bars, beaches and barbers.

Trump's greatest asset is the inability of the establishment not to be distracted by the constant stream of scandal and stupidity that flows from Trump like a broken sewer. The Media for example is like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park and Trump is the flare, Trump tweets some crap and the media goes into a frenzy over it for 24 hours, until Trump tweets new crap and a new frenzy starts.

What will be important around November probably hasn't happened yet. People may well be dying from COVID but people will be used to it by then. The economy will dominate most likely in voters minds.
    If you think Covid is going to be gone by the fall, you are flat out in denial of reality. The economy probably will become a major if not the largest source of concern for many people, it's already tied with Covid-19 for myself, and I am immuno-compromised, but also jobless with no end in sight. That being said, the two are linked, and will be for some time. No one is going out in droves to bars and restaurants here, and even in states with lifted lockdowns, things are very far from returning to normal. This is going to be around for a bit.

That being said, I'm hopeful enough for a vaccine breakthrough I've signed up for human trial screening, really hope they need to test it on healthy but at risk individuals, would love to have this in a controlled environment or not have to get it at all. Still it will take up to a year (maybe more) to manufacture, distribute and adminster a few billion vaccine doses.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...s-kick-in.html

In late March, the Trump administration authorized the deployment of members of the National Guard to help local authorities conduct coronavirus tests, set up field hospitals, and perform other critical public health tasks that carried a risk of infection. More than 40,000 service members have been deployed in total, but Politico now reports that they will all be recalled on June 24—one day before the first group sent into the field would reach the 90-day active-duty minimum that’s required to qualify for GI Bill education benefits and for a retirement benefit that was also created in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...s-kick-in.html

In late March, the Trump administration authorized the deployment of members of the National Guard to help local authorities conduct coronavirus tests, set up field hospitals, and perform other critical public health tasks that carried a risk of infection. More than 40,000 service members have been deployed in total, but Politico now reports that they will all be recalled on June 24—one day before the first group sent into the field would reach the 90-day active-duty minimum that’s required to qualify for GI Bill education benefits and for a retirement benefit that was also created in 2008.
    Definitely something they can use for their next recruitment video.