hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 469 of 559 FirstFirst ... 369419459466467468469470471472479519 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,380 of 11172

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Ownership is just a social construct.
    grok smash rock on other grok, grok now have woman-grok

Repeat x100,000 for modern day

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    So Biden is done if I'm hearing correctly? There are substantial rape allegations against Biden so if he doesn't drop out no left wing Democrats nor moral Christian republican voting moderates will vote for him.

i.o.w. Trump 2024!
    Yes those "Moral" Cristians should vote for a self professed sexual assaulter who pays women to keep quiet. "....I know all about false accusations, I've been falsely charged numerous times" -Trump

The accuser have made a couple of statements of how she filed complaints, lets see if those exists to begin with.
    Or they could not vote at all :thonk:
    Choose between an admitted rapist fascist who's proud of being a rapist, or an accused rapist garden variety Liberal who at least tries to deny it.

Yes it's sad, but it's also hard to argue that America deserves any better choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post

father-grok give 100000 rocks to grok
    grok give 50 rocks to woman-grok
    grok give 100 rocks to lawyer-groks
    grok is the smartest

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post

father-grok give 100000 rocks to grok
    grok give 50 rocks to woman-grok
    grok give 100 rocks to lawyer-groks
    grok is the smartest
    And all the "patriots" voted for the "smart", self made rock-man
    meh

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

ok is this moron not aware of the way private equity throws money at real estate and property developers? Blackstone isn't going to directly acquire a convenience store or some guy's restaurant, but they'll start hoovering up commercial property in massive quantities after those businesses get evicted

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    ok is this moron not aware of the way private equity throws money at real estate and property developers? Blackstone isn't going to directly acquire a convenience store or some guy's restaurant, but they'll start hoovering up commercial property in massive quantities after those businesses get evicted
    Shhh. Disaster capitalism doesn't exist.

Yes and that commercial property is often sold in portfolios not piecemeal. And anyone (banks) selling portfolios of commercial property formerly occupied by businesses that went belly up especially in the kind of shithole small town that some americans and especially politicians fetishize, they are going to want to dump that garbage asset to any buyer.

I mean, you're right, but so is he. Banks are not gonna hold a bunch of denny's franchise locations on their books any longer than they have to. And Blackstone or whoever is going to go after the distressed bank/property developer/whatever that actually owns those locations.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; May 5 2020 at 06:39:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Yes and that commercial property is often sold in portfolios not piecemeal. And anyone (banks) selling portfolios of commercial property formerly occupied by businesses that went belly up especially in the kind of shithole small town that some americans and especially politicians fetishize, they are going to want to dump that garbage asset to any buyer.

I mean, you're right, but so is he. Banks are not gonna hold a bunch of denny's franchise locations on their books any longer than they have to.
    He is not right though, and it's also not small towns. Small businesses in every metro area are in mortal danger of simply being allowed to close en masse and then have their valuable property repurposed by developers who are bankrolled by PE. He plays it off like these institutions are "not interested" in small businesses, but that's not true. They are definitely interested in the property that small businesses sit on, therefore they are also interested in the fortunes of small businesses.

Blackstone may not be doing the closing, but there are perverse incentives to allow many places to close simply so Blackstone & co. can benefit. You can see this in the complete lack of interest in Washington for pursuing any durable, long term relief and the way the SBA loans were deliberately mismanaged by the Trump admin. We're gonna loot it all.

I mean, you're right, but so is he. Banks are not gonna hold a bunch of denny's franchise locations on their books any longer than they have to.
    He is not right though, and it's also not small towns. Small businesses in every metro area are in mortal danger of simply being allowed to close en masse and then have their valuable property repurposed by developers who are bankrolled by PE. He plays it off like these institutions are "not interested" in small businesses, but that's not true. They are definitely interested in the property that small businesses sit on, therefore they are also interested in the fortunes of small businesses.

Blackstone may not be doing the closing, but there are perverse incentives to allow many places to close simply so Blackstone & co. can benefit. You can see this in the complete lack of interest in Washington for pursuing any durable, long term relief and the way the SBA loans were deliberately mismanaged by the Trump admin. We're gonna loot it all.
    Working as intended.

I mean, no, they aren't interested in small businesses per say, they're interested in the distressed landlords of those small businesses who often own many many properties. So it's semantics I guess and I think he should have been clearer about that.

The point of the video is that they're hypocrites since they voted for the what, 6+ trillion corporate bailout unanimously. And that it stands 0% chance of passing the senate, so it just looks good to their base. If they really wanted to stop what was coming, they would have filibustered the bailout.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; May 5 2020 at 07:03:22 PM.

i have a feeling mewning misunderstood the point and walrus got it

here's some more US fun stuff that connects to the previous video indirectly

Last edited by Lief Siddhe; May 5 2020 at 07:04:24 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Actually there wasn't any point if the man doesn't understand what he's talking about.

He later went on a diatribe about the "small business worship" among policymakers which is a sentiment I normally agree with, but not now when they're shut down and unable to make rent. It's clear he was solely concerned with acquisitions of medium to large scale companies themselves, and not the small businesses they collect rents from.

They definitely shouldn't have voted for a no-strings attached bailout bill, if only to send a message. But politicians like AOC clearly understand better than this guy how many places are about to be closed in their own district.

To me he seems very aware of how many small businesses are absolutely fucked and the top brass did jackshit to support them.

Private equity and big asset managers are going to walk out of this in a very... good (For them) state. There is no doubt that all little bankrupt stores and shops and even smaller corporations are going to get canibalised devoured and shat out.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Private equity and big asset managers are going to walk out of this in a very... good (For them) state. There is no doubt that all little bankrupt stores and shops and even smaller corporations are going to get canibalised devoured and shat out.
    Acquainted Fiefdoms of America
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

So how 'bout that whistleblower?

It clearly wont have any real consequences this close to the election ("let the people decide" yadayada), but will it motivate voters?

We all know that shit was going on, but seeing just how swampy that "drained swamp" really is must be shocking to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

It clearly wont have any real consequences this close to the election ("let the people decide" yadayada), but will it motivate voters?

We all know that shit was going on, but seeing just how swampy that "drained swamp" really is must be shocking to someone.
    Probably won't do anything. You need a competent opposition party who can constantly remind everyone whose fault this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

Probably won't do anything. You need a non-complacent opposition party who can constantly remind everyone whose fault this is.
    fyp

An LED billboard in every town that shows the number of people dying overlaid by choice Trump quotes would probably help the Dem's chances.