hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 114 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 6459

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Well, here's that tyrannical government that's literally putting people in camps all the 2nd amendment libertarian gun nuts have been saving up their arsenal to fight, what are they all waiting for?

Oh, wait. They are cheering the Nazi's on...

It's good to know these people only consider it liberty if it's for white people. I guess that's another argument for unfettered gun rights the right have destroyed for themselves.
    Given the level of child trafficking going on what alternative would you suggest other than temporarily detaining people illeagally crossing the border?
    They've already all made their arguments, mate.

No facilities. No detention. Release them all on their own recognizance soon as they cross, no deportation raids and no ICE.

Migration is a human right, after all, and anyone who wants to come should be allowed.

South and Central America is all the US's fault anyway, right? So really we owe it to them to welcome them in.

That about cover it guys?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Uhh pretty much, but you forgot the “put a GPS monitor on them when they’re ROR’d so that if they don’t show up for their hearing/s they can be located.”

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...asylum-seekers

Rule of law maintained, due process followed, no human rights abuses engendered.

Well, here's that tyrannical government that's literally putting people in camps all the 2nd amendment libertarian gun nuts have been saving up their arsenal to fight, what are they all waiting for?

It's good to know these people only consider it liberty if it's for white people. I guess that's another argument for unfettered gun rights the right have destroyed for themselves.
    Given the level of child trafficking going on what alternative would you suggest other than temporarily detaining people illeagally crossing the border?
    You mean child trafficking like forcibly taking children from their parents and giving them to “well meaning Christian” cults and then “losing track” of them by the thousands?

Or some of the other weird shit these Nazi’s are doing?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...migrant-women/
    Last edited by erichkknaar; July 15 2019 at 05:42:21 PM.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Uhh pretty much, but you forgot the “put a GPS monitor on them when they’re ROR’d so that if they don’t show up for their hearing/s they can be located.”

Rule of law maintained, due process followed, no human rights abuses engendered.
    Riiiiiight.

Because in the real world, if the U.S. Govt. decides to put GPS monitors on immigrants, that would TOTALLY go over without any complaint or comment.

Thanks for a hearty mid-day laugh, my friend.

You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

They already do. :dunno:

I’m also open to less intrusive forms of tracking, or maybe even pure ROR (given that data shows most folks show up for their hearings). But you know, spirit of compromise and all that. Seems like GPS tracking is middle ground. Don’t you like the middle ground, Al?
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; July 15 2019 at 05:56:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Riiiiiight.

Because in the real world, if the U.S. Govt. decides to put GPS monitors on immigrants, that would TOTALLY go over without any complaint or comment.

Thanks for a hearty mid-day laugh, my friend.
    I mean, if the alternative is putting them in poorly managed concentration camps where they drink out of toilets, can’t bathe and are dying and/or get raped, I think it would be fairly inoffensive to most people except the racists.
    meh

So much for the tolerant left

A friend of the dead man said she thought he wanted to provoke a fatal conflict, the Seattle Times reported, and described him as an anarchist and anti-fascist.
    Well you weren't expecting right wing gun owners to oppose concentration camps were you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

They already do. :dunno:

I’m also open to less intrusive forms of tracking, or maybe even pure ROR (given that data shows most folks show up for their hearings). But you know, spirit of compromise and all that. Seems like GPS tracking is middle ground. Don’t you like the middle ground, Al?

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...-court-data-s/

Around 60-75 percent of non-detained migrants have attended their immigration court proceedings, according to Justice Department data from the last five available years. Some limited data suggests rates may be higher for asylum-seekers.

That said, it’s important to note that in absolute terms, a significant number of migrants have had in absentia deportation orders filed against them for failure to appear in court...
    Most (as in >50%) yes.

Is a 57% return rate good enough? Is it good enough for ROR? I guess everyone can decide for themselves if it is or isn't.

As to your point, personally, I have no issue with GPS tags > detention facilities. I would agree, it does sound more humane a way of doing business.

As long as the appropriate health screenings and background checks get done first before release, I would tend to be willing to agree to GPS over facilities.

But make no mistake, we'd hear the same screeing over GPS from the same folks if we went that way, it's be described as fascist, Orwellian, etc. Goalposts would be moved...
    Last edited by Alistair; July 15 2019 at 06:50:07 PM.

Some of us remember no matter what when asked a hard question you usually default to a joke or ignoring it, and at best shift to asking a question in return to deflect. No one missed a right wing old man pretending that he was centrist. Why are you still bothering if you are so convinced the "left" hive mind here is out to get you?

Nice!
    A Virginia state judge on Monday sentenced a self-professed neo-Nazi to a second life prison term for killing a demonstrator when he drove his car into a crowd protesting against white supremacists in Charlottesville two years ago.

Charlottesville Circuit Court Judge Richard Moore sentenced James Fields, 22, to life plus 419 years, as recommended by the jury that found him guilty last December of murder plus eight counts of malicious wounding and a hit-and-run offense.

“Mr. Fields, you deserve the sentence the jury gave. What you did was an act of terror,” Moore said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Nice!
    A Virginia state judge on Monday sentenced a self-professed neo-Nazi to a second life prison term for killing a demonstrator when he drove his car into a crowd protesting against white supremacists in Charlottesville two years ago.

Charlottesville Circuit Court Judge Richard Moore sentenced James Fields, 22, to life plus 419 years, as recommended by the jury that found him guilty last December of murder plus eight counts of malicious wounding and a hit-and-run offense.

“Mr. Fields, you deserve the sentence the jury gave. What you did was an act of terror,” Moore said.
    Indeed, +1.

That's now Federal and State sentences, he'll never see the light of day again.

It's funny how predictable some replies are from our resident E-revolutionary comrades.
    What are your opinions on John Brown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

What the actual fuck are you talking about.

No, you don't get to play the smartass "lol, no, u were racist all along" card.

Also I'm hilariously far from an Anglo/Germanic poster you absolute cretin. BTW bonus points for more preconceptions and stereotyping there.
    Oops, I did sincerely think you were from the UK based on your posts in the British thread. Sorry!

EDIT: Changed "Brexit" to "the British thread".

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's funny how predictable some replies are from our resident E-revolutionary comrades.
    https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/etha...ohn-brown.html

Commodified along with everything else.

reee
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

His body is moldering in the grave, but his soul/truth goes marching on.
    meh

I don't really have a distinct opinion specific to John Brown.

I'm aware of his actions, he led an idealistic raid on Harpers Ferry, was killed for it, and by doing so helped in a small way to lead to the Civil War (not the end of slavery, just the War).

His cause was righteous, he chosen path of violence was not. He did not end slavery, nor really help to end slavery with his actions.

The cause would likely have been better served by him remaining alive, passionate, and politically active in fighting for abolition.

I can see why he would appear to our resident E-revolutionaries:

I, John Brown, am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away but with blood. I had, as I now think, vainly flattered myself that without very much bloodshed it might be done.
    So probably my opinion is about what you would expect given our past discussion of this very topic of violence vs. political action.

You mean child trafficking like forcibly taking children from their parents and giving them to “well meaning Christian” cults and then “losing track” of them by the thousands?

Or some of the other weird shit these Nazi’s are doing?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...migrant-women/
    We still don’t know where 1,488 migrant children are
    heh

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...after-n1029571

A day before the Trump administration was set to conduct mass roundups of undocumented immigrants around the U.S., a man threw incendiary devices at an immigrant detention center in Washington state and was later found dead at the scene after police opened fire.

The unidentified suspect had set a vehicle outside the Tacoma Northwest Detention Center on fire and attempted to ignite a large propane tank next to the building, police said.

He was armed with a rifle and had flares, Tacoma police said.
    Shooter's race hasn't been specified...

And he's white eat shit lark

Quick, deflect with a meme!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!