hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 977 of 985 FirstFirst ... 477877927967974975976977978979980 ... LastLast
Results 19,521 to 19,540 of 19692

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's for fucking loads of a disinformation about pretty basic health and fitness stuff as well.
    What do you mean by fitness? I actually reference /r/fitness a lot to guide my weightlifting schedule .
    The fitness subreddit works because they broke everything that Reddit wanted subs to be in order to make it a functioning repository of information. It's basically a link to a wiki with a daily q&a thread, which is fine. But the most of the high traffic fitness subs which popped up for fitness 'discussion' outside of it are pretty rubbish.

It's probably one of the most complained about subreddits as well because of its moderation policies
    90% of the most famous subreddits have extremely strict and sometimes convoluted moderation policies. The idea that fitness is some outlier or 'not reddity' for doing that is bizarre. Go try posting a meme to AskScience.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Non-upvoted, chronological posting is high(er) quality but not very social media
    That's a spot on summary!

HAPPY INSURRECTION DAY!
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    HAPPY INSURRECTION DAY!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

The amount of crazy in this interview is incredible.

Thats it!

My EyE Is 0pEn N0w!!!!!

Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Be aware this is an opinion piece, long read and the author is "Sidney Blumenthal, former senior adviser to President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton". Take it with a grain of salt as some things aren't documented/proofed yet. But oh boy if this close to what happened the US and democrats are in for a rude awakening the next presidential election 2024. The reps are trying to get as many election related personell that is Trump loyal into position so no Raffensperger can happen again.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ht-republicans
    Last edited by Jori McKie; January 7 2022 at 07:19:07 AM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

"This black prison guard said she couldnt believe any black women would ever have dated me. What a racist! She was judging me by the colour of my skin!"

Or...stay with me here.... maybe not because of the colour of your skin but rather because the REASON you are in prison is for a white supremacist conspiracy theorist attempt at overthrowing the legitimately elected government of the country to re-install a racist dictator?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

"This black prison guard said she couldnt believe any black women would ever have dated me. What a racist! She was judging me by the colour of my skin!"

Or...stay with me here.... maybe not because of the colour of your skin but rather because the REASON you are in prison is for a white supremacist conspiracy theorist attempt at overthrowing the legitimately elected government of the country to re-install a racist dictator?
    The first 35 minutes of this was completely unhinged to listen to. At 24min I paused it and had to go out for a walk in sub zero temps.
    But the last 10 minutes was "calm".

If he had done what he did here in Scandinavia, yes there would be prison time. But after he would go into another institution for a long treatment.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    If he had done what he did here in Scandinavia, yes there would be prison time. But after he would go into another institution for a long treatment.
    I know you might use hyperbole, but no he wouldn't. He is no more crazy than you're above average religious person that is convinced that the fairy tale they believe in is real. And if he really was mentally insane he would not do any prison time, either (but he would have been sent to an institution). But there's no package deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    I know you might use hyperbole, but no he wouldn't. He is no more crazy than you're above average religious person that is convinced that the fairy tale they believe in is real. And if he really was mentally insane he would not do any prison time, either (but he would have been sent to an institution). But there's no package deal here.
    Was going to say the same for NL. He does not seem to be a danger to himself or others in a direct way. Afaik he does not have a criminal record to speak of, nor did he use violence at jan. 6 or call out for others to use violence directly.
    I fail to see why he would need a 'long treatment' in a court mandated sense.

On a personal and professional note ow yes the man needs help de-radicalizing and get back to earth. He is certainly paranoid but i don't see clear pointers of lets say schizophrenia. To 'us' it seem he might have lost touch with reality i agree but after watching the whole interview he seems coherent in his world view. He isn't un-hinged. He goes on tangents and connects the dots clearly.
    I fully assume he is under a full psych evaluation if only because his lawyer pleaded insanity at this first trial as he himself said, assuming that lawyer needs a basis for that as is the case in NL.

Cant lock people up just because you don't like their worldviews. I was actually impressed how he connected his worldview so clearly, obvious batshit ideas with true facts of course.
    Just basing this of what i read about him and the above interview which is clearly no basis of any kind of diagnosis and i did not attempt one at all. Just commenting on the "But after he would go into another institution for a long treatment."
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Was going to say the same for NL. He does not seem to be a danger to himself or others in a direct way. Afaik he does not have a criminal record to speak of, nor did he use violence at jan. 6 or call out for others to use violence directly.

On a personal and professional note ow yes the man needs help de-radicalizing and get back to earth. He is certainly paranoid but i don't see clear pointers of lets say schizophrenia. To 'us' it seem he might have lost touch with reality i agree but after watching the whole interview he seems coherent in his world view. He isn't un-hinged. He goes on tangents and connects the dots clearly.
    I fully assume he is under a full psych evaluation if only because his lawyer pleaded insanity at this first trial as he himself said, assuming that lawyer needs a basis for that as is the case in NL.

Cant lock people up just because you don't like their worldviews. I was actually impressed how he connected his worldview so clearly, obvious batshit ideas with true facts of course.
    Just basing this of what i read about him and the above interview which is clearly no basis of any kind of diagnosis and i did not attempt one at all. Just commenting on the "But after he would go into another institution for a long treatment."
    You can lock them up for being part of a murderous, violent insurrection though, and we both should, and throw away the key.
    meh

gulag! gulag!

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

You can lock them up for being part of a murderous, violent insurrection though, and we both should, and throw away the key.
    41 months (3 years 4 months) for 'one felony count of unlawfully obstructing an official proceeding'. The other 5 counts were out because of his plea deal and confession. You can want anything you want Erich but this is what the Judge went with.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

We use chain gangs in this country, and that's what these traitors should get. Life on a good, ol' fashioned Alabama chain gang.
    meh

41 months (3 years 4 months) for 'one felony count of unlawfully obstructing an official proceeding'. The other 5 counts were out because of his plea deal and confession. You can want anything you want Erich but this is what the Judge went with.
    If they try another insurrection, I hope they have the conviction to die for their shitty anti-American beliefs. They are going to need it.
    meh

Necklacing if it was up to you, we know erich
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

If only we had you, blessed Erich, in charge of the “de-nazification” of Germany. Unironically posting.

If only we had you, blessed Erich, in charge of the “de-nazification” of Germany. Unironically posting.
    We definitely wouldn't have the American Nazi problem we have today, now, would we?

Same thing with letting Sherman finish the job in the South.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    We definitely wouldn't have the American Nazi problem we have today, now, would we?

Same thing with letting Sherman finish the job in the South.
    #MakeGeorgiaHowlAgain
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)