hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 328 of 627 FirstFirst ... 228278318325326327328329330331338378428 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 12525

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It just seems really weird that a justification of the assassination by liberal war hawks and supposed takedown of anyone who disagrees is that "he was a bad man with blood on his hands". Well no shit, he's a fucking general. That same description matches every general who has ever been involved with active deployment.

I bet some of our generals are looking at the scenes of his funeral in jealousy.
    ‘Liberal war hawks’

El oh el
    He's referring to champions for peace like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    It just seems really weird that a justification of the assassination by liberal war hawks and supposed takedown of anyone who disagrees is that "he was a bad man with blood on his hands". Well no shit, he's a fucking general. That same description matches every general who has ever been involved with active deployment.

I bet some of our generals are looking at the scenes of his funeral in jealousy.
    ‘Liberal war hawks’

El oh el
    He's referring to champions for peace like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, etc.
    Not sure how being a liberal is relevant to their warhawkiness - are they inflicting equal marriage and gay rights on the ME through the medium of hellfire missiles? Does he really mean neoliberal?

Is the term liberal completely meaningless in the US because both sides of the spectrum use to express thoughts about things they simply don’t like? Yep.

Don't play dumb Djan.

You know as well as everyone else here, that in the US liberal means member of the Democratic Party. Hawks and Doves exist in both parties. So you can have liberal hawks and conservative doves. The latter being a very small minority.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Don't play dumb Djan.
    He ain't playing
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Don't play dumb Djan.

You know as well as everyone else here, that in the US liberal means member of the Democratic Party. Hawks and Doves exist in both parties. So you can have liberal hawks and conservative doves. The latter being a very small minority.

Tapapapatalk
    Aye you’ve caught me Joe

Don't play dumb Djan.
    He ain't playing
    Going by your recent utterances you’ve had a stroke or something.

And yet somehow you are managing to feel personally attacked by my posts.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Don't play dumb Djan.

Tapapapatalk

We call those "chickenshits" and it's basically all of them.
    meh

And yet somehow you are managing to feel personally attacked by my posts.
    I got some personal attacks for you

sweetie
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

That's an impressively clickbaity headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    That's an impressively clickbaity headline.
    Yeah ... it has "Trump" in it.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    McConnell Doesn’t Have the Votes to Dismiss Impeachment Articles or Block Witnesses: Reports
    Has Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) promise of “total coordination” with the White House on President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial backfired? According to several Monday reports, not only is McConnell short of the 51 votes required to promptly dismiss the articles of impeachment, per Trump’s tweeted desire, he may also be forced to hear testimony from former Trump administration officials.

Despite the White House actively urging Senate Republicans to pass a resolution allowing for the swift dismissal of the charges against Trump, several sources confirmed to CNN’s senior congressional correspondent Manu Raju that McConnell lacks the votes necessary to pass such a measure.

“McConnell has made clear to his colleagues that he wants Trump to emerge victorious in the trial and is not willing to hold a vote that could fail,” that report said. “He’s also keenly aware of what a vote to dismiss would look like politically, according to Republican senators, and has shepherded his conference away from the idea for several weeks.”
    Sen. Mitt Romney says he’ll vote to hear Bolton testimony
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Sounds like Warren got caught trying to chat shit about Sanders and has surprisingly been called out by liberal media.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Sounds like Warren got caught trying to chat shit about Sanders and has surprisingly been called out by liberal media.
    Or maybe the corporate-owned media hates Sanders/Warren so much that they're trying to start shit between them.

They have been incessantly promoting the view that one must knock off the other before turning their attention to Biden.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Trying to split their vote is way easier and less risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    McConnell Doesn’t Have the Votes to Dismiss Impeachment Articles or Block Witnesses: Reports
    Has Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) promise of “total coordination” with the White House on President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial backfired? According to several Monday reports, not only is McConnell short of the 51 votes required to promptly dismiss the articles of impeachment, per Trump’s tweeted desire, he may also be forced to hear testimony from former Trump administration officials.

Despite the White House actively urging Senate Republicans to pass a resolution allowing for the swift dismissal of the charges against Trump, several sources confirmed to CNN’s senior congressional correspondent Manu Raju that McConnell lacks the votes necessary to pass such a measure.

“McConnell has made clear to his colleagues that he wants Trump to emerge victorious in the trial and is not willing to hold a vote that could fail,” that report said. “He’s also keenly aware of what a vote to dismiss would look like politically, according to Republican senators, and has shepherded his conference away from the idea for several weeks.”
    Sen. Mitt Romney says he’ll vote to hear Bolton testimony
    Womp womp.
    meh

PDF WARNING.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa...w_evidence.pdf

So, like, a certain reading of that would imply that Ghouliani and co were considering a hit on Ambassador Yuvanovitch.

Mr. Parnas produced handwritten notes on stationery from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Vienna, Austria that appear directly related to the President’s scheme to press Ukraine to announce investigations beneficial to his reelection campaign. Mr. Parnas’ attorney confirmed that the notes were written by his client.

One hand-written note states: "get Zalensky [sic] to Annonce [sic] that the Biden case will Be Investigated; start commun[icating] with Zalensky [sic] without (Pinchuk or Kolomoisky)"

In January of 2019, Mr. Parnas and Mr. Giuliani exchanged text messages about securing a visa for former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin. When Mr. Parnas advised that the United States had denied Mr. Shokin’s visa, Mr. Giuliani responded “I can revive it.” Mr. Giuliani later revealed, “It’s going to work I have no 1 in it.” He also gave Jay Sekulow, President Trump’s personal attorney, Mr. Parnas’ phone number.

In March 2019, Mr. Parnas communicated by text message with Robert F. Hyde about former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch. In response to some articles, tweets, and videos accusing the Ambassador of being disloyal to President Trump, Mr. Hyde wrote “Wow. Can’t believe Trumo [sic] hasn’t fired this bitch. I’ll get right in that.” Mr. Hyde then sent a series of text messages suggesting that he had Ambassador Yovanovitch under physical surveillance in Kyiv and that “They are willing to help if we/you would like a price.”
    Quarantined and loving life.

“It was only joking! He even said LOL afterwards!”

-Predictable fascist talking point

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Or maybe the corporate-owned media hates Sanders/Warren so much that they're trying to start shit between them.

They have been incessantly promoting the view that one must knock off the other before turning their attention to Biden.
    Or, maybe, just maybe, the report on CNN about the Sanders campaign instructing its activists to go after Warren is true. It certainly looked well supported by evidence, and the Warren campaign certain thinks it is true.

And, maybe, just maybe, Sanders did say that a woman can't win against Trump in 2020. Warren certain seems to think he said it.

After all, the Sanders campaign has a point about Warren: she does bring in voters that would vote Democrat anyway, and the Democrat challenger to Trump in 2020 does need to bring in voters who wouldn't automatically vote Democrat. Be that as it may, to a neutral observer, by instructing their activists to go after Warren, it sure looks like the Sanders campaign broke the truce here.

Which, to be fair, was bound to happen at one point, and it doesn't really matter all that much 'who started it' either. Because the 'incessantly promoted view' is essentially correct: there can only be one winner to this contest, and Biden's (unfortunately, as far as I'm concerned) poll numbers aren't moving much. He's still the one to beat. And neither Warren or Sanders seem to be able to get at Biden supporters, so they'll need to get the votes elsewhere. And soon. And for both, that's most likely to come from either of them.

As for the 'women can't win in 2020', the way I've read about it: Sanders said it before either Sanders or Warren had even declared, i.e., as a more general point in response to the Clinton defeat, and as a more specific point about running against Trump. I can't believe he meant it in general, because Bernie simply isn't like that. But, ofcourse, both Warren and Klobuchar are spinning it that way now. And may even get some traction out of it too. Which seems a bit unfair, frankly.

In the end, after this debate, it does look like the Sanders/Warren (or Warren/Sanders) truce is over now. But it was untenable anyway, because, let's face it, both are struggling against Biden (etc.) ...

At least they're not rolling around in the muck over it!

As for the 'corporate-owned media hates Sanders/Warren' thing; that's just a left-wing conspiracy theory lifted straight from the Trump playbook. What's next? Chanting fake news? From where I stand, the media, Fox news and other right-wing propaganda channels excluded, has been holding all democratic campaigns to account more or less equally. Guess what; that's what they're supposed to do. That they've written something you don't like about a candidate you do like, doesn't mean they're biased, or hate your candidate, or that it's fake news. Be better.
    Check the coverage from everyone Fox, CNN, MSNBC after Rogan's podcast with Sanders (after watching it, if you haven't already) and try to repeat last paragraph with a straight face.